We will make the Play Offs have faith in the lads (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

Norwich dropped a clanger today and make no mistake about they are going to be feeling the pressure as they have something to lose being in the play-offs at the moment as things stand.
You cannot make assumptions at this stage of the season as all sorts of weird results will happen and i doubt they pick maximum points for the remainder of their games which means if we win all our matches we get 6th spot.
5 games left, if the lads think they are premier league level and have aspirations to play at that level then there is no reason why we cannot win the remaining games if we just cut out the stupid mistakes as we carry a significant goal threat.
We were very average tonight yet had enough chances to get a point against one of the best sides in the league two days after a gruelling match with arguably the best team in the league.
Enough of those saying we have blown it. Have some belief. This really is a cracking team with an even better management team.
Robins post match interview was absolutely brilliant. He believes in this group of players, the players now have to truly believe in themselves.
Fans who went tonight were absolutely fantastic, credit to one and all who went.

napolimp

I tend to be massively positive, but we're not making the play offs. The problem isn't how many points Norwich or West Brom drop, it's how many we will drop. It's too big an ask to win 4/5 of our remaining matches, considering schedule and everything that's going on.

... having said that, if we manage the spectacular and win the next 3, the CBS will be rocking for the last 2 home matches.

Last edited:

Otis

Unfortunately, I think we’ll fall a couple of points short this time around.
Me too, but we CAN still do it, that's the main thing.

It's not over just quite yet. Norwich have Preston on Saturday, so there may well be an opportunity to claw some points back then for us.

Then, if we could somehow win that game in hand against Hull, it's definitely all back on again and we could even then actually BE in the top 6 at that point.

I do think we will just fall short through sheer fatigue, but for now, it's all still on and we do still have a reasonable chance. Do really need Norwich to stumble at Preston, mind.

As someone mentioned on another thread, Preston have an incredibly tough lineup of fixtures ahead.

skybluegod

Said at the start of the season I thought we would fall short and I still think we will. But it's also been a better season than anticipated with a great cup run and a forward line that has come together nicely.

If Tats had stayed fit I think that might have been the difference maker to actually scraping the play offs this year. But we have set ourselves up very well for next year.

nightowl1883

It was a bit if a rebuild year this year so we had a slow start, hopefully in the summer we will keep most of our players with only Ohare and Binks going. So off to a strong start next season and lets keep in the top six all season, the only worry is the amount of matches we will be playing next season with all the European Games as well.😂

Macca

Winning at least 4/5 games with an FA cup semi final thrown in and a team that by everyone’s admission struggles with fatigue? Not for me

Viktor17

TBF before last night we’d won 4/5 in the league. We’re capable of it. But i don’t think this side has the mentality just yet for the run in. Will stand them in good stead for next year tho.
Agree, we are just not quite there consistently (And that's ok!). 1st half last night prime example as was Cardiff.

The frustration is despite all that - it's still there if they want it! There is going to be more twists and turns we just all know it.........be handy if Rotherham started playing like Brazil tonight and dragged WBA into the chase more......they have a tricky last 4 games also......

SkyBlueSoul

Like others I think we'll finish 7th by a couple of points. I know it's largely pointless comparing against previous season's but we came back from a worse situation this time last year. After 41 games we were 9th, 3 points off 6th having played a game more. Not impossible we could make it this year, just improbable.

1712741023588.png

Viktor17

Like others I think we'll finish 7th by a couple of points. I know it's largely pointless comparing against previous season's but we came back from a worse situation this time last year. After 41 games we were 9th, 3 points off 6th having played a game more. Not impossible we could make it this year, just improbable.

View attachment 35045
9th and 10th in that picture made it!!!!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Saturday is last chance saloon
We lose that game and it's really all over . Right now it's out of our hands. Norwich and Hull win all their remaining games and it doesn't matter what we do.

If I were a Norwich fan I'd look at our situation and think that despite us having a game in hand on them it will take quite a disastrous final few results on their part for us to overtake them.

We really can't afford to drop more than a couple of points from here on and hope Norwich, Hull and Preston drop more.

napolimp

We lose that game and it's really all over . Right now it's out of our hands. Norwich and Hull win all their remaining games and it doesn't matter what we do.

If I were a Norwich fan I'd look at our situation and think that despite us having a game in hand on them it will take quite a disastrous final few results on their part for us to overtake them.

We really can't afford to drop more than a couple of points from here on and hope Norwich, Hull and Preston drop more.

Not out of our hands with Hull, we still have to play them.

napolimp

Agree, we are just not quite there consistently (And that's ok!). 1st half last night prime example as was Cardiff.

The frustration is despite all that - it's still there if they want it! There is going to be more twists and turns we just all know it.........be handy if Rotherham started playing like Brazil tonight and dragged WBA into the chase more......they have a tricky last 4 games also......

Wouldn't be the craziest thing, Rotherham beat Millwall recently, and West Brom are trying to throw their season away.

Londonccfcfan

Norwich dropped a clanger today and make no mistake about they are going to be feeling the pressure as they have something to lose being in the play-offs at the moment as things stand.
You cannot make assumptions at this stage of the season as all sorts of weird results will happen and i doubt they pick maximum points for the remainder of their games which means if we win all our matches we get 6th spot.
5 games left, if the lads think they are premier league level and have aspirations to play at that level then there is no reason why we cannot win the remaining games if we just cut out the stupid mistakes as we carry a significant goal threat.
We were very average tonight yet had enough chances to get a point against one of the best sides in the league two days after a gruelling match with arguably the best team in the league.
Enough of those saying we have blown it. Have some belief. This really is a cracking team with an even better management team.
Robins post match interview was absolutely brilliant. He believes in this group of players, the players now have to truly believe in themselves.
Fans who went tonight were absolutely fantastic, credit to one and all who went.
💯 percent we can. Lots of twists and turns . Will go to last game of season.

Keep believing this is still very possible.

Southampton got out of jail yesterday! Big missed opportunity. Just can't afford for a couple of key players to have stinkers like yesterday.

skybluecam

Norwich are going to get 74/75 minimum. So we probably need 4 wins. Ipswich we can’t really expect to win, so the other 4 are now must win games. It’s looking tough.

Londonccfcfan

Norwich are going to get 74/75 minimum. So we probably need 4 wins. Ipswich we can’t really expect to win, so the other 4 are now must win games. It’s looking tough.
Norwich and West brom after today have some very tough games. And are running out of games fast.

We will know exactly what to do by the time Ipswich comes around. Think that fixture has been planned in very well.

skybluecam

Norwich and West brom after today have some very tough games. And are running out of games fast.

We will know exactly what to do by the time Ipswich comes around. Think that fixture has been planned in very well.
Norwich have home games against Bristol & Swansea, average/poor sides who will have nothing to play for. That should be 6 points right there.

Londonccfcfan

Norwich have home games against Bristol & Swansea, average/poor sides who will have nothing to play for. That should be 6 points right there.
No easy games. Those teams have pressure. All pressure huge pressure on Norwich. We just gotta keep pressure on them by doing our bit.

Saddlebrains

Blues are fighting for their lives and are due a win against us

Hull, off the back of the united game players will be tired like last night

Blackburn, relegation scrap so will be up for it

Ipswich, we know how good they are and they will need a win for the autos

QPR, Will be safe by then and as its last home game expect a jovial atmosphere from both fans and is the only one id guarantee we win

We could just as easily not win in the next 4 as win all of them. Depends which city team turn up we've been Jekyll and Hyde this season

Brighton Sky Blue

Blues are fighting for their lives and are due a win against us

Hull, off the back of the united game players will be tired like last night

Blackburn, relegation scrap so will be up for it

Ipswich, we know how good they are and they will need a win for the autos

QPR, Will be safe by then and as its last home game expect a jovial atmosphere from both fans and is the only one id guarantee we win

We could just as easily not win in the next 4 as win all of them. Depends which city team turn up we've been Jekyll and Hyde this season
My gut feeling is it's just too soon for this group, might not have been if we'd added some depth out wide and Saka hadn't been injured.

Saddlebrains

My gut feeling is it's just too soon for this group, might not have been if we'd added some depth out wide and Saka hadn't been injured.

I agree completely

If I was to hazard a guess at the final league games

Blues - draw
Hull - draw
Blackburn - loss
Ipswich - loss
QPR - Win

Only 5 more for me. The squad just isnt big enough to cope with 4 games in 10 days at the end for me

skybluecam

No easy games. Those teams have pressure. All pressure huge pressure on Norwich. We just gotta keep pressure on them by doing our bit.
Bristol and Swansea are the definition of easy. Home games against poor teams with a decent travel distance and nothing to play for.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree completely

Blues - draw
Hull - draw
Blackburn - loss
Ipswich - loss
QPR - Win

Only 5 more for me. The squad just isnt big enough to cope with 4 games in 10 days at the end for me
For context we lost 4 points with the last kick of the games against Swansea and Huddersfield, it's stuff like that which means we won't make it, not really whatever happens in these last few.

Otis

I agree completely

Blues - draw
Hull - draw
Blackburn - loss
Ipswich - loss
QPR - Win

It's great you're so often completely wrong though isn't it, so I am now going to expecting at least 4 wins. 😂

blunted

Not impossible but very unlikely. I said luck plays such a bit part in close games. Southampton's first goal should have been disallowed for handball 100%, Haji's slip and so on. People are saying their second goal was offside but I am struggling to see that.
Feel we have too many games against teams who need to win for one reason or another. The squad is too thin with peripheral players who on form could really help like Godden and Allen, but seem to be off the pace. Add Palmer carrying an injury, O'Hare for whatever reason a shadow of his former self and fatigue kicking in.
The annoying thing is with a fit rested squad, we could give any of the playoff hopefuls a run for their money (except Preston).

napolimp

I agree completely

Blues - draw
Hull - draw
Blackburn - loss
Ipswich - loss
QPR - Win

I think it's going to be more: -

Blues - win (why not)
Hull - loss (hopefully a draw, too close to cup match)
Blackburn - draw
Ipswich - win (complete the home treble against top 3)
QPR - win

10 or 11 points.

Norwich are awful away, maybe they only pick up 6.

Could be tight. I hope our players don't have one eye on Wembley this Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread