We will almost certainly be ground-sharing (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

I can't understand why so many people on here are thinking SISU are going to get round the table to negotiate with ACL and getting us playing at the RICOH next season. I just don't see it happening.

The current state of play appears to be:

SISU will no longer consider playing at the RICOH
ACL will not negotiate with SISU
SISU are deadly serious about a 3 year groundshare and building a new stadium
SISU have no intention of selling CCFC and will probably own the club for the next 5-10 years
SISU do not care one iota about the views of fans
SISU probably currently have no clearer idea where we will be playing next season than we do

With SISU's track record - The disgraceful firesale of 2011/12, Appointing Andy Thorn, Orange Ken on the bench, Preventing the Hoffman takeover in 2011, "Text a sub" Brady, Franchise players, Failure to appoint local people to the Board, Transfer embargos, Points deductions, Administrations, £70m in debt, Otium etc - does anybody truly believe this will have a happy ending?

When predicting future outcomes with SISU I always think of the worst case scenario and times it by 10. So far it has proved invariably accurate.

ccfcway

It wil be the ricoh

The reason we dont know by now is beacuse they havent got anywhere

why pay £300k a year (prob 3 years up front) to another ground when we will get the Ricoh for virtually nothing, as ACL have contracts with Ricoh, Tesco, Compass etc that maybe in question if they dont have an anchor tennent.

Long term, ACL could possibly do something with the stadium that would make it profitable, but short term, they need to club to honour contracts.

ACL need the club and the club need ACL.

If SISU are serious about a new stadium, just agree a 3 year deal with ACL which gives them both 3 years to get their houses in order for "when" the club leave the Ricoh

Last edited:

WillieStanley

It wil be the ricoh

The reason we dont know by now is beacuse they havent got anywhere

why pay £300k a year (prob 3 years up front) to another ground when we will get the Ricoh for virtually nothing, as ACL have contracts with Ricoh, Tesco, Compass etc that maybe in question if they dont have an anchor tennent.

Long term, ACL could possibly do something with the stadium that would make it profitable, but short term, they need to club to honour contracts.

ACL need the club and the club need ACL.

If SISU are serious about a new stadium, just agree a 3 year deal with ACL which gives them both 3 years to get their houses in order for "when" the club leave the Ricoh

ACL apparently refused an exit strategy. I agree though, I would be surprised if ACL don't buckle - for the pressure of Compass alone.

Otis

I'm deadly serious I want to win the lottery.

Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

We can be all but certain that it will take a lot longer than 3 years to build a new ground, not forgetting planning permission, resident objection etc. etc.

What they say they are going to do and what they actually will do, might well end up being two completely different things.

Talk is cheap.

RogerH

I can't understand why so many people on here are thinking SISU are going to get round the table to negotiate with ACL and getting us playing at the RICOH next season. I just don't see it happening.

ACL will not negotiate with SISU They have said the door is open
SISU are deadly serious about a 3 year ground share and building a new stadium What if no one will deal with them. Relying on the goodwill of another club rules out any hardball tactics to get what they want
SISU have no intention of selling CCFC and will probably own the club for the next 5-10 years
SISU probably currently have no clearer idea where we will be playing next season than we do Exactly, they have done no deal yet and must be getting desperate. What if no club will do a deal with them ? They will either be forced back to do a deal for the Ricoh, or sell the club to someone who can (unlikely though, there are too many egos at work)

With SISU's track record - The disgraceful firesale of 2011/12, Appointing Andy Thorn, Orange Ken on the bench, Preventing the Hoffman takeover in 2011, "Text a sub" Brady, Franchise players, Failure to appoint local people to the Board, Transfer embargos, Points deductions, Administrations, £70m in debt, Otium etc - does anybody truly believe this will have a happy ending?

When predicting future outcomes with SISU I always think of the worst case scenario and times it by 10. So far it has proved invariably accurate.

I think there is still the potential for a surprise or two in this saga.

Last edited:

stupot07

ACL will not negotiate with SISU
SISU are deadly serious about a 3 year groundshare and building a new stadium
SISU probably currently have no clearer idea where we will be playing next season than we do

There wasn't a disgraceful firesale in 201/12, we only sold turner and juke, the rest we disgracefully allowed to run down their contracts and leave for nothing - should have sold them sooner.

Also the 2011 Hoffman bid is irrevalent

Last edited:

Astute

We will be at the Ricoh. The excuse will be that they couldn't sort out a ground share in time for the start of the season so the best thing for the fans is to stay at the Ricoh.

Users who are viewing this thread