We should not let this go, the game is corrupt to the core (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

So you are anti-free speech? well at least you are honest!!
I’ll just assume that you don’t have the ability to read, and/or are just flailing because you’ve been rumbled. 👍🏻

ProfessorbyGrace

Rumbled? In your dreams perhaps lol. Read your post back slowly and it is clear you do not like the concept of free speech.
Well, those with the ability to discern will see you for what you are, Sock Puppet Lad.

Which part are you referring to? The part about Scotlands borderline-fascist ‘hate speech’ law, or the part where I described modern free speech as illusory? Both of which are an opinion, and ironically, my right to actual free speech. Is this clear now, or should I scrawl it on a bit of paper in crayon for you?

I think you’re clutching at straws that aren’t even there, which I find quite amusing.

How’s the campaign for justice going?

Tell you what, let’s march en masse to the FA headquarters and glue ourselves to the pavement outside (like some rabid climate protestors) and demand that the semi-final be replayed. That’ll get them scuttling!

FrEeDoM!!!

rylee

Is anyone else actually seeing that these ‘persons’ trying to incite ‘action against the injustice’ are merely the same WUM’s and Sock Puppet accounts that are PLAGUING this forum, daily.

New member after new member, signing up from nowhere, seemingly, with the same writing styles, lexicons and grammatical nuances as certain obvious characters, on here.

Give it a bloody rest, and quit winding everyone up. You know who you are.

I was all for action against the injustice and was heavily active on here after the game on Sunday.

If any action was to be taken it needed to be immediate. Days have passed and it is far too late now.

I’ve been a lurker here for years, had another account which I can’t remember the name of for a while too.

Nobody from what I’ve seen is trying to wind anybody up. Just showing passion for their club and what they believe is right. Situations like this really show the true colours of many, saddens me that a lot of people were just happy to take it on the chin and some even happy to lose on the premise of "we would of gotten pumped by Man City in the final anyway".

One thing that has plagued this forum is the amount of similar threads that are around. So much to navigate around. I’ve probably been guilty of creating a new thread of something similar myself. Admins need to be more on job. Threads need to be merged and condensed more often, it’s the messiness of the forum that has put me off visiting/posting so often.

Sick Boy

One thing that has plagued this forum is the amount of similar threads that are around. So much to navigate around. I’ve probably been guilty of creating a new thread of something similar myself. Admins need to be more on job. Threads need to be merged and condensed more often, it’s the messiness of the forum that has put me off visiting/posting so often.
It’s a football forum run in people’s spare time, what do you expect?

ProfessorbyGrace

I was all for action against the injustice and was heavily active on here after the game on Sunday.

If any action was to be taken it needed to be immediate. Days have passed and it is far too late now.

I’ve been a lurker here for years, had another account which I can’t remember the name of for a while too.

Nobody from what I’ve seen is trying to wind anybody up. Just showing passion for their club and what they believe is right. Situations like this really show the true colours of many, saddens me that a lot of people were just happy to take it on the chin and some even happy to lose on the premise of "we would of gotten pumped by Man City in the final anyway".

If you be been lurking for so long, it’s impossible for you to have missed the sheer volume of Sock Puppet accounts and WUM’s, I’m sorry. This is the crux of my grievance; the effect that such individuals are attempting to achieve, on a football forum.

You’re entitled to your opinion, as we all are.

napolimp

Situations like this really show the true colours of many, saddens me that a lot of people were just happy to take it on the chin and some even happy to lose on the premise of "we would of gotten pumped by Man City in the final anyway".

People have lives that don't revolve around camping outside the FA headquarters - you know, jobs, families, other hobbies.

rylee

People have lives that don't revolve around camping outside the FA headquarters - you know, jobs, families, other hobbies.

Taken well out of context. I was pointing out the people who were just happy to take the decision and say nothing can be done about it. They don’t need to camp outside the FA headquarters. Few mins to sign a petition, write a well worded email/letter etc. Little things help. As I’ve said in other threads it’s gone now though.. at best we get an apology/explanation. We needed to be on the case to everyone as soon as the final whistle was blown
If you be been lurking for so long, it’s impossible for you to have missed the sheer volume of Sock Puppet accounts and WUM’s, I’m sorry. This is the crux of my grievance; the effect that such individuals are attempting to achieve, on a football forum.

You’re entitled to your opinion, as we all are.

I’ve seen many WUM’s, but on this particular topic, I really believe most of these people are just genuinely pissed off with the decision and want some sort of answer from the FA/PGMOL. Rightly so in my eyes.

coop

Can we get to hear the VAR conversation? or is that something you have to request. Would love to hear what was said.

messiahrobins

Well, those with the ability to discern will see you for what you are, Sock Puppet Lad.

Which part are you referring to? The part about Scotlands borderline-fascist ‘hate speech’ law, or the part where I described modern free speech as illusory? Both of which are an opinion, and ironically, my right to actual free speech. Is this clear now, or should I scrawl it on a bit of paper in crayon for you?

I think you’re clutching at straws that aren’t even there, which I find quite amusing.

How’s the campaign for justice going?

Tell you what, let’s march en masse to the FA headquarters and glue ourselves to the pavement outside (like some rabid climate protestors) and demand that the semi-final be replayed. That’ll get them scuttling!

FrEeDoM!!!
No, just sue them. Wouldnt want the game replayed as we would get hammered as Man utd would be ultra pumped upand i quite like the fact the country thinks we won 4-3.
I hate climate protestors so we are on the same page there, i also hate that bloke who is leader in Scotland, and if you are referring to the hate speech law he brought in, i think it is a disgrace, so not entirely sure why you think otherwise.
I think corruption needs to be called out and action taken. I do not endorse violence or intimidation, which it seems you think i do, so lets clear that up.

ProfessorbyGrace

No, just sue them. Wouldnt want the game replayed as we would get hammered as Man utd would be ultra pumped upand i quite like the fact the country thinks we won 4-3.
I hate climate protestors so we are on the same page there, i also hate that muslim bloke who is leader in Scotland, and if you are referring to the hate speech law he brought in, i think it is a disgrace, so not entirely sure why you think otherwise.
I think corruption needs to be called out and action taken. I do not endorse violence or intimidation, which it seems you think i do, so lets clear that up.
Time for you to go on ignore, along with the rest of your personalities.

If Nick or any moderator can see that I’m actively endorsing violence and intimidation (by whatever comments you’ve misconstrued or twisted) then they can ban me. I give them my full support to do so.

Lay off the glue fumes, it’s not worth it, pal. Ta ta.

I am as annoyed as the next Coventry City fan by the VAR decision, but I don't think dwelling on it will serve much purpose. I expect the club will, in private, be asking the FA to review the decision and how it was reached, but I don't think we will be asking for any redress. VAR should be used in instances where the referee may have missed an important metric pertinent to the decision making process. I know it's easy for me to say, as a Coventry City fan, but take the penalty for instance. The ball hit his hand and his arm was stretched out impeding the flight of the ball, the referee did not miss anything, but interpreted the law and gave the penalty, VAR was quite right not to intervene.

For the offside, the assistant referee and referee did not miss anything either. I think it is difficult to say whether Wright was offside or not, it was incredibly marginal either way. Is this ambiguity actually the reason why VAR should not get involved? I have a huge degree of sympathy for anyone who holds that opinion, and I hope the end result of this is that the offside rule and its application by VAR is reviewed, but I hope the club will be doing this privately. I do not subscribe to the opinion that there is some sort of conspiracy, even though I do agree the FA would have preferred a Manchester derby to Coventry City being in the final, but I do not think the controversial decision goes that deep.

As I said, I hope the club is asking the FA to review it, with no hope of redress, just a big learning curve that hopefully will be for the betterment of the sport.

napolimp

I hate climate protestors so we are on the same page there, i also hate that muslim bloke who is leader in Scotland, and if you are referring to the hate speech law he brought in, i think it is a disgrace, so not entirely sure why you think otherwise.

You really are a stupid thick cnut. Why do you have to call him "that muslim bloke"? It would literally take 2 seconds to look up Humza Yousaf's name on the Internet, which you already have open because you're posting on this forum.

Last edited:

djr8369

All of your positions are entirely predictable.

Travs

There's far worse going on in football than a dodgy VAR decision...

Saudi Oil Company sponsoring the world cup.
Next 5 World U17 World Cups being held in Qatar.
Inevitable European Superleague.
Spanish league matches to be played in USA

We need to get over it.

That said, its highly unlikely i'd ever be inclined to pay to watch a football match involving a team i was emotionally involved in that features VAR.

Ashdown

Got to say, we watched the semi in a well known sports bar in Porto. There was a complete multi ethnic mix of tourists and locals and there were other games being shown live. There were 3 of us at the start and a family of proper Utd fans from Manchester who we spoke to earlier before the kick off. We were in City shirts. Despite the other matches our game soon became the focus of attention for dozens of fans as we made our comeback. At 3-3 the place erupted in celebration and went berserk at our winner ( It was our winner) ! The pathetic debacle that followed was met with boos and derision and after the penalty shootout we were much consoled. The bar staff brought us free shots and …….the proper Utd fans in Red shirts sent us over a round of drinks and came and shook our hands and apologised.
They’re not all bad and we can’t blame their ordinary fans or players. The culprits in this were in a dark room somewhere conjuring up mythical lines and we will struggle to find out their motives! But we can guess….

Torquay Sky Blue

It looked off to me at the time. I was surprised the linesman didn't flag.
Let's move on , all this whining doesn't help. It feels like a victory and I'm happy with that.
Pep would take us far more seriously and Man City would of owned us.

Sick Boy

It looked off to me at the time. I was surprised the linesman didn't flag.
Let's move on , all this whining doesn't help. It feels like a victory and I'm happy with that.
Pep would take us far more seriously and Man City would have owned us.
I’ve come to accept that it probably was offside by the finest of margins. If there was a conspiracy against us the penalty would have been overturned.

mmttww

Illuminati GIF

messiahrobins

You really are a stupid thick cnut. Why do you have to call him "that muslim bloke"? It would literally take 2 seconds to look up Humza Yousaf's name on the Internet, which you already have open because you're posting on this forum.
Why should i waste time looking up his name. You are the most easily offended snowflake i have ever come across, i mean there literally nothing remotely contentious in what i said yet you found something to get upset about.
Anyway he is going to get thrown out of his position after less than a year and frankly i cannot stop laughing.

messiahrobins

Time for you to go on ignore, along with the rest of your personalities.

If Nick or any moderator can see that I’m actively endorsing violence and intimidation (by whatever comments you’ve misconstrued or twisted) then they can ban me. I give them my full support to do so.

Lay off the glue fumes, it’s not worth it, pal. Ta ta.
Where did i say you condoned violence then? perhaps read posts more closely before reacting emotionally in future.

napolimp

Why should i waste time looking up his name. You are the most easily offended snowflake i have ever come across, i mean there literally nothing remotely contentious in what i said yet you found something to get upset about.
Anyway he is going to get thrown out of his position after less than a year and frankly i cannot stop laughing.

You refer to everyone by their religion, do you?

You really are the dumbest person on this forum by far.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Got to say, we watched the semi in a well known sports bar in Porto. There was a complete multi ethnic mix of tourists and locals and there were other games being shown live. There were 3 of us at the start and a family of proper Utd fans from Manchester who we spoke to earlier before the kick off. We were in City shirts. Despite the other matches our game soon became the focus of attention for dozens of fans as we made our comeback. At 3-3 the place erupted in celebration and went berserk at our winner ( It was our winner) ! The pathetic debacle that followed was met with boos and derision and after the penalty shootout we were much consoled. The bar staff brought us free shots and …….the proper Utd fans in Red shirts sent us over a round of drinks and came and shook our hands and apologised.
They’re not all bad and we can’t blame their ordinary fans or players. The culprits in this were in a dark room somewhere conjuring up mythical lines and we will struggle to find out their motives! But we can guess….
And I bet these Man U fans stayed after the penalty shoot out, which is more than can be said for the majority of them at Wembley..

Garlana86

I've spent small pockets of each day since the semi final looking online desperately trying to get some closure on this subject, I had some pessimism before the game, thinking that we needed to win convincingly as tight calls would be given against us as it's "man united". But unfortunately I've just become more bitter about the decision the more I look into it as all ive seen are different angles showing that maybe it was either too close to call, the line being drawn over AWB foot or that the line was drawn before the ball left COH's foot. I want it to be offside by a big margin, but unfortunately it's not and I think that's the real killer.

I then start thinking earlier, imagine the uproar and negative pressure VAR would have got from a worldwide fanbase like manu had the decision went our way, and compare it to what they've had from Coventry fans and groups of other fans who were rooting for us during the game but then dropped the whole thing when their teams next fixture came up.

Assuming my pessimism has any legs (which it very well may not, I'm after copium!), it's faaaar easier to go against us and our fan base, than go against and give the decision to a global brand like united and all their many beneficiaries. It would be insufferable and there would probably be a manager out of a job, I can see why officials could bottle a decision like this.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

I've spent small pockets of each day since the semi final looking online desperately trying to get some closure on this subject, I had some pessimism before the game, thinking that we needed to win convincingly as tight calls would be given against us as it's "man united". But unfortunately I've just become more bitter about the decision the more I look into it as all ive seen are different angles showing that maybe it was either too close to call, the line being drawn over AWB foot or that the line was drawn before the ball left COH's foot. I want it to be offside by a big margin, but unfortunately it's not and I think that's the real killer.

I then start thinking earlier, imagine the uproar and negative pressure VAR would have got from a worldwide fanbase like manu had the decision went our way, and compare it to what they've had from Coventry fans and groups of other fans who were rooting for us during the game but then dropped the whole thing when their teams next fixture came up.

Assuming my pessimism has any legs (which it very well may not, I'm after copium!), it's faaaar easier to go against us and our fan base, than go against and give the decision to a global brand like united and all their many beneficiaries. It would be insufferable and there would probably be a manager out of a job, I can see why officials could bottle a decision like this.
They didn’t bottle the penalty though, which could easily have not been given or overturned. I guess technically it was offside by the finest of margins but it’s shit and should be binned off.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

I’m genuinely concerned for your mental wellbeing if you’ve not got over it yet. Still harping on about it is now more annoying than what actually happened.

MalcSB

They didn’t bottle the penalty though, which could easily have not been given or overturned. I guess technically it was offsite by the finest of margins but it’s shit and should be binned off.
”Easily”. I’m not sure about that. Arm away from body deflect the path of the ball. Uproar if not given.

Users who are viewing this thread