We NEED to appeal that. (2 Viewers)

Grendel

This ⤴️⤴️⤴️⤴️

If the ref gives the goal, the linesman doesn't flag and the 4th official doesn't protest then there is absolutely no reason to go to VAR. It should only be called upon when an on-pitch official believes there might be something.

But they do go to VAR and always check offsides

robbiethemole

In Rugby. ref sez on field a try, any reason why I can't award it?? Here VAR microscopically picking each pixel apart to try and find a reason.
Fuck it let's stop all the niceties..................... they fucking cheated us!!!!

Tommo1993

That Forest tweet was written by a complete head case. However I do think it was 3 stonewallers.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Exactly that

Do we really want the final game of our season to be a hammering by Man City?

No of course, but it helps the Bank Balance and the budget for next season.

Cally Fedora

What baffles with me is that even by their own graphic I can’t see that it’s offside. If it was an argument about “spirit of the rule” etc I’d say you’ve just what to take it in the chin but I can’t see how Wright is off.

shmmeee

What baffles with me is that even by their own graphic I can’t see that it’s offside. If it was an argument about “spirit of the rule” etc I’d say you’ve just what to take it in the chin but I can’t see how Wright is off.

The only image where he might possibly be offside is that random VAR fan account on Twitter. And even then there’s questions about which frame he’s used and the lines he’s drawn.

Which is why it would be nice to get confirmation from the FA on exactly what image was used for the call.

jamboy

I've written more on one of the other threads about this. I'm surprised more of you don't know about yesterday's VAR official Michael Salisbury and the controversial mistakes he's made in the past. The PGMOL had previously dropped him and needed to apologise for his mistakes. This was the latest and highest profile.

Don't lose sleep looking at lines drawn on pitches or the offside rules. There's no conspiracy—just a lousy official who made the wrong call.

Covcraig@bury

I’ve watched this over and over again and it’s onside . There’s something not quite right about this VAR decision and I know we all feel the same and sour grapes will spring to mind . But Doug King you need to appeal this it’s just not sited well with us all . I also hear NFFC have been asked to take their rant off X as the PL don’t like it . It’s fucking corrupt . The money the TV and PL make on the Manchester derby is all they’re interested in, so let’s spread the word through other forums to not watch the final . Fuck them 😡😡😡

rylee

I’ve watched this over and over again and it’s onside . There’s something not quite right about this VAR decision and I know we all feel the same and sour grapes will spring to mind . But Doug King you need to appeal this it’s just not sited well with us all . I also hear NFFC have been asked to take their rant off X as the PL don’t like it . It’s fucking corrupt . The money the TV and PL make on the Manchester derby is all they’re interested in, so let’s spread the word through other forums to not watch the final . Fuck them 😡😡😡

With you on all of this.

messiahrobins

I've written more on one of the other threads about this. I'm surprised more of you don't know about yesterday's VAR official Michael Salisbury and the controversial mistakes he's made in the past. The PGMOL had previously dropped him and needed to apologise for his mistakes. This was the latest and highest profile.

Don't lose sleep looking at lines drawn on pitches or the offside rules. There's no conspiracy—just a lousy official who made the wrong call.
it is corruption, and i dont get all the sudden snowflakes coming out saying there are concerns about the safety of these officials, thats utter bull shit just to try and deflect from obvious corruption.

messiahrobins

Spot on, fans need to put prrssure on the club to endorse Notting Forest's comments at minimum

Otis

But they do go to VAR and always check offsides
That needs to change. They obviously watch the game, but they don't need to micro analyse everything.

As I keep saying, yesterday was the perfect example and no-one can say anything other than it was impossible to say "onside or offside" on first viewing of that still, because it was so close. That close, don't go into detail to look at it in a flawed system that lacks accuracy and just go back to the ref.

Bottom line is, people can moan all they want, but VAR is here to stay, so we need to look at ways to make it better and work more efficiently.

It isn't working as it should as it stands

David O'Day

You ok hun
Yeah? I don't appear to be the one that has misread something on the internet and is now trying to deflect instead of just saying "oh, sorry I was mistaken I can clearly see now you at no time said the FA and PGMOL were the same thing"

jamboy

it is corruption, and i dont get all the sudden snowflakes coming out saying there are concerns about the safety of these officials, thats utter bull shit just to try and deflect from obvious corruption.

It's not ‘obvious corruption’, and I wouldn't draw attention to other mistakes Michael Salisbury has made if I thought it put his safety at risk. I'm highlighting that a human made the decision, and it could be a human error (not technology).

VAR checked all seven goals on Sunday, all given by the officials during the game. VAR officials check if we won it with the last kick of the game. They've looked, and it's unclear that it's on, so they haven't given it.

I'd favour the audio being shared, so everyone can move forward.

David O'Day

It's not ‘obvious corruption’, and I wouldn't draw attention to other mistakes Michael Salisbury has made if I thought it put his safety at risk. I'm highlighting that a human made the decision, and it could be a human error (not technology).

VAR checked all seven goals on Sunday, all given by the officials during the game. VAR officials check if we won it with the last kick of the game. They've looked, and it's unclear that it's on, so they haven't given it.

If it is unclear then why have they changed the decision, on field was no offside?

Brighton Sky Blue

Bullshit is it unclear, they couldn’t wait to chalk it off.

jamboy

Bullshit is it unclear, they couldn’t wait to chalk it off.
I celebrated it. I'm honest in saying it looked level and wasn't clearly on or off. The VAR decision was made quickly. It would now be good for the PGMOL to take time to review it, even if the result can't be changed.

Brighton Sky Blue

I celebrated it. I'm honest in saying it looked level and wasn't clearly on or off. The VAR decision was made quickly. It would now be good for the PGMOL to take time to review it, even if the result can't be changed.
Level is onside

David O'Day

Then you say it looked onside? Level is onside remember?

Tommo1993

What was the turnaround in time between goal and ruled out? Frustrating how they tried everything for Simms’ goal in the QF and this one they didn’t want to look in to

RoboCCFC90

I've thought about this long and hard since VAR didn't go our way, should we appeal the decision on the day? No.

Let me explain why.

I think we can all agree on one thing, VAR, it’s not being utilised properly at the moment and therefore that makes it unfit for purpose.

What I don’t understand about VAR is the FA Cup is deemed the most magical competition in world football, in the earlier stages of the competition there was no VAR and there was magic, Maidstone being an example, having VAR in play once the Prem teams come in is just wrong and it gave Man Utd a massive advantage on Sunday.

Was it offside, debatable, but if Cov had won with that goal, no one could’ve complained and it would’ve been lauded as one of the best comebacks and magical moments in the history of the cup. People would’ve debated the goal retrospectively had it been given, but that’s what promotes opinion and debate about the game, that’s what people love.

VAR just ruined an absolutely magical moment. I think that’s the part I’m struggling with most, for 60 seconds I hugged complete strangers and was elated, the ref and lino never gave it offside, but an inconsistent piece of technology with less than 100% accuracy in application and evidence took that away.

The game needs passion, it needs talking points, it needs right and wrong calls. I would rather do off with VAR completely in the FA Cup and resign the history books to a loss, rather then the club appeal or seek the audio from VAR, because if it was established as the wrong call I could never accept a token statement for victory, it wouldn't change all the emotions I felt in that moment or since.

Do off with VAR, let's get the game back to how it was prior to VAR, the one that we all fell in love with.

Otis

I've thought about this long and hard since VAR didn't go our way, should we appeal the decision on the day? No.

Let me explain why.

I think we can all agree on one thing, VAR, it’s not being utilised properly at the moment and therefore that makes it unfit for purpose.

What I don’t understand about VAR is the FA Cup is deemed the most magical competition in world football, in the earlier stages of the competition there was no VAR and there was magic, Maidstone being an example, having VAR in play once the Prem teams come in is just wrong and it gave Man Utd a massive advantage on Sunday.

Was it offside, debatable, but if Cov had won with that goal, no one could’ve complained and it would’ve been lauded as one of the best comebacks and magical moments in the history of the cup. People would’ve debated the goal retrospectively had it been given, but that’s what promotes opinion and debate about the game, that’s what people love.

VAR just ruined an absolutely magical moment. I think that’s the part I’m struggling with most, for 60 seconds I hugged complete strangers and was elated, the ref and lino never gave it offside, but an inconsistent piece of technology with less than 100% accuracy in application and evidence took that away.

The game needs passion, it needs talking points, it needs right and wrong calls. I would rather do off with VAR completely in the FA Cup and resign the history books to a loss, rather then the club appeal or seek the audio from VAR, because if it was established as the wrong call I could never accept a token statement for victory, it wouldn't change all the emotions I felt in that moment or since.

Do off with VAR, let's get the game back to how it was prior to VAR, the one that we all fell in love with.
I think it is a very valid point re VAR and the FA Cup. You either have it, or you don't. I don't see it at all fair to not be available until a Premier League side is involved a few rounds into the competition.

Fine, have it for Premier League, because then there is consistency there, but you can't have it for some rounds of the FA Cup and then not for others. Just doesn't sit right.

SBT

I think it is a very valid point re VAR and the FA Cup. You either have it, or you don't. I don't see it at all fair to not be available until a Premier League side is involved a few rounds into the competition.

Fine, have it for Premier League, because then there is consistency there, but you can't have it for some rounds of the FA Cup and then not for others. Just doesn't sit right.
There’s no issue with certain FA Cup games having different levels of technology available at different levels of the tournament - that’s just a reality of the football pyramid, so long as you’re playing by the same rules it’s fine.

By saying that VAR should be used always or not at all, you’re kind of tacitly admitting that VAR is bending the rules of football itself. The whole thing needs to be scrapped, it’s just not achieving what it was meant to do.

RoboCCFC90

There’s no issue with certain FA Cup games having different levels of technology available at different levels of the tournament - that’s just a reality of the football pyramid, so long as you’re playing by the same rules it’s fine.

By saying that VAR should be used always or not at all, you’re kind of tacitly admitting that VAR is bending the rules of football itself. The whole thing needs to be scrapped, it’s just not achieving what it was meant to do.

But there is, for instance Team A has a goal chalked off for offside in R1, but was actually onside, under the new rules there are no replays, etc. Team A from National League misses out on much needed revenues and exposure. No VAR was able to intervene.

Fast forward to Sunday, the same scenario, City were denied a goal, of which there is huge doubt as to the offside call from VAR, add to this it was given as a goal by the on field official.

Unless VAR is 100% accurate, which we know it not to be, it should not be available in the qualifying rounds, earlier stages or the final.

Users who are viewing this thread