we have scored 2 goals in our last 5 games (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Tonylinc

Which it is why we have to get it right during the summer but how can we with all this shit going on?

ccfcway

That would be the same for a lot of teams though so kind of a weird comment IMO most teams in our league have to have one main striker.

hmmm

I know it sounds really harsh, and i dont mean it to, but...

is there one team in this entire league with a worse strike force that Calum Wilson ?

stupot07

thats since sheffs got dropped too,even though he's been poor,he has 2 markers as other sides fear him,this leaves space for others to exploit.he also covers the left back

He also stays wide and keeps the shape, whilst Moussa often disappears infield making the central area too congested.

I got shot down when I said this before but I am slightly disappointed with Moussa.

Grendel

He also stays wide and keeps the shape, whilst Moussa often disappears infield making the central area too congested.

I got shot down when I said this before but I am slightly disappointed with Moussa.

He is very inconsistent, some games he disappears totally.

SkyBlue_Bear83

His been mostly quality through the middle, shite on the wing

skybluegod

thats since sheffs got dropped too,even though he's been poor,he has 2 markers as other sides fear him,this leaves space for others to exploit.he also covers the left back

It's nothing to do with sheffers is due to that fact that nobody in our team can score goals apart from baker ATM.

skybluegod

I miss Mark Robins.

We wouldn't be much better under him. Nobody in our team can score goals apart from baker. If he doesn't score we don't score thats how it is ATM. This squad needs ,ore firepower adding to it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He is much better there, but for me even there he goes missing and doesn't influence games enough.
I can't recall to many games where he has played in the centre and I thought he was poor, apart from his first few games in a 442. He's definitely the best player for the central position.

Ccfcisparks

I'm not that worried about the lack of firepower at the moment. I remember a Falkirk Fan coming on the forum saying he signs some duff players but he has a real knack for signing forwards (El Agui, Lyle Taylor)

stupot07

I can't recall to many games where he has played in the centre and I thought he was poor, apart from his first few games in a 442. He's definitely the best player for the central position.

Not poor, just not disappearing for 70 mins. He is the best we have in that position, but for a position that is more of a second/support striker I'd be expecting 12-15 goals from that position.

Ccfcisparks

Not poor, just not disappearing for 70 mins. He is the best we have in that position, but for a position that is more of a second/support striker I'd be expecting 12-15 goals from that position.

Unfortunately, 12-15 goal strikers aren't gonna be available for free. High expectations from a free player

Sterling Archer

This just goes to show how vital McGoldrick and Clarke were to us. It also makes me realise how moronic some of our fans were for slating Clarke earlier this year.

Strikers are at a premium in this division, I honestly think just a decent striker can be the difference between 4 or 5 places or more in the division. Although I don't think Pressleys tactics would've helped Clarke's game as much.

pusbccfc

Baker to play behind the striker in his preferred position me thinks.

WillieStanley

This just goes to show how vital McGoldrick and Clarke were to us. It also makes me realise how moronic some of our fans were for slating Clarke earlier this year.

Strikers are at a premium in this division, I honestly think just a decent striker can be the difference between 4 or 5 places or more in the division. Although I don't think Pressleys tactics would've helped Clarke's game as much.

Decent striker and a decent keeper are worth so much at this level. Defending is generally sloppy and midfield is generally naive in most of the teams I have seen at this level. From top to bottom with a few exceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread