we are top of the league (1 Viewer)

djpalms23

TBH we could fill the top 5 of that list with our own kits ...

- yellow / purple away 98/99
- home 92-94 riberio kit
- red riberio away 92/93
- Talbot Kits
- Hummel kit late 80's

skybluesam66

i liked the hummel kit and the talbot kit mentioned above

i did have a talbot tracksuit however - now that was something else

ajsccfc

The brown kit is a solid colour with some white trim. That alone makes it far better than most of the 90s jazzy monstrosities in that list, and far more stylish than a lot of other kits we've had. We were basically ahead of our time with that one.

RoboCCFC90

The Sun = :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

wingy

The Brown kit was to Ipswich what SISU were to Southampton ..........see what I did there :facepalm::mad::(:wave:

Hobo

Not helped by Ian Wallace's hair style.

Mind you, it didn't stop me buying it even if it was made out of scratchy nylon. Still think that red one with swirly white patches was worse, think it was around the Ndlovu period.

ajsccfc

It took Spurs nearly 30 years to copy us and wear brown (the picture doesn't do the colour justice)

article-0-0566ADCA0000044D-991_468x399.jpg

Rumour has it that Ibrahimovic only joined PSG after seeing that they once too sported the colour of fashion-forward sides the world over.

msAncHYGbm7bZaQyRImT85A.jpg

He was set to join us for the same reason, but you know with the embargo and all that.

wingy

Not helped by Ian Wallace's hair style.

Mind you, it didn't stop me buying it even if it was made out of scratchy nylon. Still think that red one with swirly white patches was worse, think it was around the Ndlovu period.

The one we wore when we walloped Blackburn 5-0 nil away and that NI twat Alan Green said "Coventry in the PINK shirts were Lucky".:jerkit:

torchomatic

Don't get that. I love that kit.

ajsccfc

I'd love us to wear a pink kit, although you have to be careful with the shade. Palermo cut a dash rarely seen in football, whereas Juventus had one the other year that'd blind a pirate.

SkyblueBazza

Usual snide mocking nature of the Sun to anything bar the big clubs. Note the actual ghastly Liverpool kit that set the ball rolling isn't in the top 10. That Man Utd kit is only in there because most Man Utd fans appeared to have disliked it too. They wouldn't want to risk alienating their readers would...hence the salmon pink Pompey kit is left out too. Ours being number 1 is typical "it's only Coventry - only Coventry fans care (& there aren't that many passionate ones about)"

FootballAttic

I love the brown kit too...and the Hummel one from 87-89! In fact, that's my favourite ever Cov kit...the away that year was great too. Prefer our away to be yellow.

torchomatic

I had a great kit once from one of my trips to Scotland. I bought a Greenock Morton top that was blue tartan, it was brilliant. Wore it to a home game at HR once and loads of people asked me about it.

Morton1994HomeBlueTartan.jpg

ajsccfc

I still maintain Scotland's subtle Euro 96 tartan kit as one of mankind's greatest creations. It's between that and memory foam.

pusbccfc

I love the brown kit. I'd have it as our away kit in a few seasons.

I think this seasons away kit is one of the best!

Users who are viewing this thread