We’re not going up are we? (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Gotta rally round the team , back them Saturday and try get a result, that's all that matters now

CovBrummie94

We were never going up. We’ve had a good start but need to keep our feet firmly on the ground. Top half finish would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macca

We're 4th. Go and cry somewhere else you wetwipe.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

one of our greatest managers ever is a wet wipe for wanting to improve our away form? Guess that’s what I like about him always trying to improve

Bugsy

one of our greatest managers ever is a wet wipe for wanting to improve our away form? Guess that’s what I like about him always trying to improve

Think he was saying Stu was a wet wipe,

No disrespect stupot btw... PUSB

stupot07

Think he was saying Stu was a wet wipe,

No disrespect stupot btw... PUSB
Tbf he was calling me a wet wipe for saying we need to improve our away form ASAP. Which is the same as what Robins said.

If I am a wet wipe for saying that, then Robins must also be a wet wipe for saying the same thing.

No disrespect taken :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

We do need to improve our away results but aside from last night, the performances have been decent away from home.

We should really have won the games at Millwall and Barnsley as we were the better side in both, particularly the latter.

Pezza

Long hard season ahead but take away the Luton game and it's a very decent start. I'd have never had us down to pick up so many points, so early on.

Let's be honest though, we are not promotion contenders and our away form is poor having only beaten Blackpool.

Next up Fulham, I'd take a good performance and a point to take us into the October International break.

PUSB

Brylowes

I think there were two major factors at play last night, on the one hand we were to complacent and as a result started the game to relaxed which quickly left us off the pace of the game, the early ‘dubious’ penalty really rattled us and we struggled to muster any kind of shape after it, the second goal was inevitable and from there we were done.
On the other hand, they started with real pace and a determination to get straight into us, they showed no signs of easing up on scoring the early goal and quickly identified and exploited our particular areas of weakness, they always tried to get the ball into our box as quickly as possible ‘and when they did their finishing was clinical.
We were very poor and I doubt we’ll play as badly again this season.
They were very good and I doubt they’ll play as well again this season.

Brylowes

Long hard season ahead but take away the Luton game and it's a very decent start. I'd have never had us down to pick up so many points, so early on.

Let's be honest though, we are not promotion contenders and our away form is poor having only beaten Blackpool.

Next up Fulham, I'd take a good performance and a point to take us into the October International break.

PUSB
At this point ‘10 games in’ we are forth from top, based on that I would say we are promotion contenders.
Makes more sense than saying we aren’t promotion contenders based on 1 game.

Frostie

We do need to improve our away results but aside from last night, the performances have been decent away from home.

We should really have won the games at Millwall and Barnsley as we were the better side in both, particularly the latter.

Agreed. Could easily have got something from QPR too.
I do wonder if we might look to go back to the 'box' away from home for some games now though.

fernandopartridge

Agreed. Could easily have got something from QPR too.
I do wonder if we might look to go back to the 'box' away from home for some games now though.

Possibly, there is certainly a lack of protection from defensive midfielders, thinking particularly about that gap between Maatsen and JCS that has been exploited a bit, it's exactly the sort of position that Kelly fills in.

Liquid Gold

Mid-table is still a good finish in my book. Although I'm looking more at top half now.

I'm enjoying the ride of being in the playoffs and being unbeaten at home while playing great football but I'm not expecting it to last all season.

Reactions: AOM

Brylowes

Possibly, there is certainly a lack of protection from defensive midfielders, thinking particularly about that gap between Maatsen and JCS that has been exploited a bit, it's exactly the sort of position that Kelly fills in.
Luton were all over that gap, looked to drop the ball in there at every opportunity,
not sure whether it’s something they identified and worked on before the game or they just quickly saw it as a weak spot and adapted to exploit it………worked on before the game I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread