WBA (h) now on Monday 30th Oct (1 Viewer)

Frank Sidebottom

ffs!

this means between now and the rest of the year we have just 3 Saturday home games!!
I suspect the Birmingham game will be moved too.... it'll get worse next season when the new TV deal kicks in.
Wouldn't mind so much if it's a Friday or early/late Saturday or Sunday. But I struggle to get to the weekday evenings as I have to get back up North for work.

100 miles from Cov.

I was planning on going to Rotherham midweek and staying up there. Travel back on the Saturday with an overnight in Cov for the West Brom game. That’s out the window now. Such a pain.

honestken

Works out well for us fixture wise as we play Rotherham away on the Wednesday before and West Brom are at Home on the Tuesaday so it gives us more recovery time.

Joy Division

Sorry if its an obvious question but can fans get refunds on single tickets if the fixture gets moved? This now a game I wont be able to attend due to the fixture change

AJB1983

Annoyed at this. I’m already having to miss the Huddersfield one due to work commitments, and now this one too cos we’re going away for half term.
That aside, those of us with young children a Saturday afternoon is perfect - moving games constantly for evenings cos of tv isn’t ideal.

Ashdown

We won’t be paying £74 for that game now. May as well get the value out of the SKY subscription I suppose. Might think about it at £24 each but no more.

Happy_Martian

Just left a couple of questions on the clubs twitter. How much does Sky give them ? Can they refuse to change the fixture ? And considering the already vocal number of Cov fans would are complaining, are they happy to just accept the extra cash from Sky considering all the fans who can't attend have already paid for their season tickets ?

Yet again, attending fans being put at the bottom of any consideration or decisions.

And for transparency, the change would suit me as I don't attend any games so would be able to see Cov play without having to chase illegal streams or iFollow VPNs. But my needs are irrelevant. It's the paying fans that deserve to be supported and their voices need to be heard.

skyblueiom

what about away fans (maybe not in this case) etc? there should be a bigger buffer. Leave it this late and fans who want to travel end up paying more on transport etc.

Grendel

Just left a couple of questions on the clubs twitter. How much does Sky give them ? Can they refuse to change the fixture ? And considering the already vocal number of Cov fans would are complaining, are they happy to just accept the extra cash from Sky considering all the fans who can't attend have already paid for their season tickets ?

Yet again, attending fans being put at the bottom of any consideration or decisions.

And for transparency, the change would suit me as I don't attend any games so would be able to see Cov play without having to chase illegal streams or iFollow VPNs. But my needs are irrelevant. It's the paying fans that deserve to be supported and their voices need to be heard.

They can’t refuse to change the fixture

clint van damme

Gutted. I've booked flights to go to this one. I'm 50 in October and my old man is 70 so we were all going to go, but flying home on Sunday so no can do.

It's bollocks mate, it really is.
It's not like we get the great rewards for it the EPL teams get.

Think it will put a few off renewing their STs next season if it carries on.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we were in the Pl, this sort of thing would be worse - although the new TV 'deal' may mean the Championship becomes as bad as the PL at some point. At least in the PL clubs get serious ££££s for the hassle.

Joy Division

Sorry if its an obvious question but can fans get refunds on single tickets if the fixture gets moved? This now a game I wont be able to attend due to the fixture change

Basically no then according to the club. Forked out £111 for tickets yesterday as this is a game myself and the family can actually make, now with the fixture change I've just wasted that money. So fucking pissed off.

SBbucks

If we were in the Pl, this sort of thing would be worse - although the new TV 'deal' may mean the Championship becomes as bad as the PL at some point. At least in the PL clubs get serious ££££s for the hassle.

It certainly will get much worse next season, approx 60% of all championship games will be on Sky. I think we’ll be seeing Saturday and Sunday evening live games (and both lunchtimes). I can’t see how they will fit them in otherwise, unless they use the red button (in which case presentation quality will deteriorate)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

It certainly will get much worse next season, approx 60% of all championship games will be on Sky. I think we’ll be seeing Saturday and Sunday evening live games (and both lunchtimes). I can’t see how they will fit them in otherwise, unless they use the red button (in which case presentation quality will deteriorate)

You can get HD quality on the Red Button if you're using the latest Sky technology. Only those still stuck on the older systems are kept in the pixelated age.

SBbucks

You can get HD quality on the Red Button if you're using the latest Sky technology. Only those still stuck on the older systems are kept in the pixelated age.

I’m not talking about the picture quality. The red button games that I’ve seen haven’t had the full complement of camera angles (even compared with iFollow) and the replays were badly judged and very random. Several times I paid for iFollow rather than put up with the crap on red button, I just found them very hard to watch. It’s a while since I tried it, so will stand corrected if they’ve improved that aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread