WBA fans boycott for our game (1 Viewer)

GIMOC

As the baggies game got rearranged. Baggies fans are boycotting the game now due to the ticket prices. Don’t blame them in a way. They should have been offered a discount once it’s a midweek game.
Looks poor on the club and losing more revenue as a result

Skybluedownunder

Less support for them, all good. We will send them closer to relegation and us more up the table getting behind the boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Don’t blame them really. I remember Sheff Wed in L1 charging 30 odd quid which even though we wanted to go to the game I refused to pay.
Not just CCFC though-clubs really need to get with it.

Evo1883

It would be wrong for a Saturday game, for a midweek games it's outrageous.

53 quid for an adult and kid , for anybody that may not know ..

That's our club ripping people off , I'd be furious paying that away from home

My dad and daughter paid I believe 26 for reading yesterday

Terry Gibson's perm

Although I do think it’s expensive I’m not bothered they aren’t attending will hopefully make it more hostile for them on the pitch.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Although I do think it’s expensive I’m not bothered they aren’t attending will hopefully make it more hostile for them on the pitch.
I'M bothered because it's money not coming in to our club.We hear many complaints about not having money to get player in or having to sell to survive.Earlier on this season we were not getting money with pitch problems, the shop loooks like it will shut at completely the wrong time.The money needs to be coming in.I've said before the way this club is being run is terrible some things we can't control but some are bad management.

letsallsingtogether

I'M bothered because it's money not coming in to our club.We hear many complaints about not having money to get player in or having to sell to survive.Earlier on this season we were not getting money with pitch problems, the shop loooks like it will shut at completely the wrong time.The money needs to be coming in.I've said before the way this club is being run is terrible some things we can't control but some are bad management.
Well thats what happens when you get greedy.

Just like landlords putting up the rent then tennants move out and you get nothing.

pusbccfc

The moment it was rearranged, they should have reduced it to £25.

We have 4 home games over the Christmas period. The fact there isn't a deal on is poor.

A real lack of ticketing offers since we've been back at the Ricoh. They've thrown all their eggs into the season ticket basket

Legia Sky Blue

So is this a full on boycott, or an attempt to start one by a few disgruntled souls? I would expect them to bring 2000 regardless, and if they get a couple of good results before they play us maybe more.

Terry Gibson's perm

The ones that come are paying more they won’t all boycott and who knows how many they would have brought anyway.

AndreasB

It is a rubbish price but actually says more about WBA and how they value their team . If they were top 3 like they think they should be then this wouldn’t be an issue and they would sell out. Unfortunately they are dogshit so they won’t and make excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIMOC

So is this a full on boycott, or an attempt to start one by a few disgruntled souls? I would expect them to bring 2000 regardless, and if they get a couple of good results before they play us maybe more.
They’ve given back 1800 already. Not sure how many they originally sold but be less than 2000 baggies there that’s for sure

chiefdave

They’ve given back 1800 already. Not sure how many they originally sold but be less than 2000 baggies there that’s for sure
are you sure that's down to a boycott and not just because people can't be arsed midweek. Had a look on twitter and it seems to be one bloke and the replies agreeing with him are mostly from our fans!

lordy_87

I agree with the WBA fans stance and good on them, whatever way you look at it £33 to watch second division football for an adult and £20 for children is extortionate. I know some other teams charge similar, but it doesn't make it right.

I hope it makes the club reconsider their pricing for next season.

alexccfc99

If we boycotted every time we’ve been ripped off in the past few seasons we’d barely make a game - remember when P’boro charged us over £30 in L1

play_in_skyblue_stripes

It baffles me why there is 3 scales of pricing. I can understand different pricing for midweek game and weekend matches.
I cant imagine any Coventry fans or even occasional fans being attracted to a game because its Watford, Stoke City or Bristol City. The reason for going to games is to see Coventry City. Just perhaps a very local derby might encourage someone to go who doesnt normally but who cares about it's Watford, Norwich, Stoke, Sunderland or Bristol City

I can see a justification in premier league when occasional fans might want to go if its Liverpool or some club like that.

This appears to me , just a lazy and 'copy cat' strategy that is weakening attendances and revenue and self defeating. I live 100 miles away and definitely avoid games that are 33 GBP and pick the lower two priced categories.

I sympathise with West Brom fans and and I'm sure many Coventry City fans will think @no, I will go to a cheaper game over Christmas" ie Cardiff City.

CDK

A bit much,but always love seeing a miserable baggies fan in there normal expression.

GIMOC

are you sure that's down to a boycott and not just because people can't be arsed midweek. Had a look on twitter and it seems to be one bloke and the replies agreeing with him are mostly from our fans!

well either way that’s 1800 tickets we’ve lost money from. Whether you wanna call it a boycott or just midweek timing. Either way it’s not good for us. I imagine if the ticket prices changed we would be seeing more baggies here and in turn cov fans. Might be one of the lowest attendances of the season for us

last game before crimbo. Kids off school. Club should be trying their hardest to get kids n parents up there.

Frostie

It baffles me why there is 3 scales of pricing. I can understand different pricing for midweek game and weekend matches.
I cant imagine any Coventry fans or even occasional fans being attracted to a game because its Watford, Stoke City or Bristol City. The reason for going to games is to see Coventry City. Just perhaps a very local derby might encourage someone to go who doesnt normally but who cares about it's Watford, Norwich, Stoke, Sunderland or Bristol City

I can see a justification in premier league when occasional fans might want to go if its Liverpool or some club like that.

This appears to me , just a lazy and 'copy cat' strategy that is weakening attendances and revenue and self defeating. I live 100 miles away and definitely avoid games that are 33 GBP and pick the lower two priced categories.

I sympathise with West Brom fans and and I'm sure many Coventry City fans will think @no, I will go to a cheaper game over Christmas" ie Cardiff City.

I think a lot of it is how many away fans they anticipate & therefore cashing in on them. Certainly looks to have backfired in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread