Match Thread Watford FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Mar (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

We were far better as a unit. Watford dominated the first half as the midfield were overrun and palmer was adrift of Torp and Kelly.

Palmer cannot play as a 10 - he just can’t - we were clearly much more competitive in the second half
Palmer as a 10 doesn’t work I agree. But this system doesn’t work generally.

wingy

Just to say again that this was a boy of about 11. However, just because ‘he was giving Cov fans some’ he then becomes fair game? Once again, this is an 11 year old boy. Who are the adults here and who the children? I watched most of the shoot out and all I seen of him was that he was becoming more agitated and upset with himself as he was no where near saving any penalties. The only time I saw him ‘give the crowd some’ was when he looked up at our section with disbelief when the crescendo of jeers greeted his missed penalty. I think his life lesson might be to despise people who come from Coventry and I wouldn’t blame him. I did notice that he was the only member of the losing blue team who the guy organising the shoot went over to comfort at the end. I thought that was telling.
Character buildiing,no not for me,turn it in!!

fernandopartridge

I think the fact that a lot of our fans were singing it is part of the problem. We’re talking about an 11 year old boy here who has a thousand plus adults jeering him after he mis-kicked a penalty in a half time shoot out. Do you think the boy himself found it light hearted? I wonder if you have children yourself and if you do how would you feel for them if they were on the end of what happened yesterday? I’ve got four boys (all grown up now) but if that had happened to any of them, I‘d be devastated for them. I’m glad my sense of humour was missing as when I see the verbal abuse and the mocking of a primary school kid as funny, it’s then that I’ll know I need to take a good look at myself.
Agreed, it sounds embarrassing

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SBT

Pretty galling that I couldn’t get a ticket for this game when loads of the people who did spent their time slagging off Robins for not trying to win a game that we won, and heckling primary school kids.

covboy9

Just to say again that this was a boy of about 11. However, just because ‘he was giving Cov fans some’ he then becomes fair game? Once again, this is an 11 year old boy. Who are the adults here and who the children? I watched most of the shoot out and all I seen of him was that he was becoming more agitated and upset with himself as he was no where near saving any penalties. The only time I saw him ‘give the crowd some’ was when he looked up at our section with disbelief when the crescendo of jeers greeted his missed penalty. I think his life lesson might be to despise people who come from Coventry and I wouldn’t blame him. I did notice that he was the only member of the losing blue team who the guy organising the shoot went over to comfort at the end. I thought that was telling.
Character building lol

mmttww

Just watched the winner again, 15 passes before the goal with 7 or 8 players involved

Christian Bale GIF

Tommo1993

Pretty galling that I couldn’t get a ticket for this game when loads of the people who did spent their time slagging off Robins for not trying to win a game that we won, and heckling primary school kids.

Guy behind us was unbearable.

The ref was a waste of space nonce.
The near side lino was a nonce.
Bachmann was a scum nonce.

He was screaming it all though, as if he’d die if they didn’t hear him. Some people are just nasty wronguns.

Evo1883

He’s playing for himself and he’s in poor form. He’s overplaying, not passing when it’s on, and not tracking back like he used to. That’s why he’s not in the team. He did virtually nothing yesterday, as proven by the fact his fans had to go on about his running off the ball like he’s Jamie Allen. He’s had no impact on the ball for weeks.

His last goal contribution was 22 days ago , or 4 matches .

It seems a relatively short period to suggest it's been for weeks .

I feel like fans are talking about this like its been going on for a while and it's a bit unfair , even if I am annoyed too by him not signing

Brighton Sky Blue

Tbh, yes, we were asleep but I also think it's a well executed header. If one of ours put one away like that I'd say its a good finish.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I don’t think he was even trying to score to be honest. An embarrassing amount of space to be given in the box

TomRad85

If it was Wilson in goal, the reaction on here would have been much different. You can see the correlation between those that berate him being either stone cold silent on this or deflecting away from it. It was some poor goalkeeping, but thankfully it didn't cost us.
Wilson is shite. The sooner everyone accepts that, the better. Hopefully he'll be gone in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

blunted

You are not wrong, I realise this was based on a predicted draw vs. WAT AWAY!

HUD AWAY W; CAR HOME W; LEE HOME D; SOU AWAY L; BIR AWAY W; IPS HOME - D; HUL HOME - D; BLA AWAY - W; QPR HOME - W = 75 points... 6th spot. Southhampton in playoffs 2 legs. WBA in the final at Wembley.

Now we could also lose two of the D vs LEE/IPS/HUL or have CAR HOME D instead of W, 73 points. However, if you think 75 needed even with better GD...
Think Cardiff just became a tougher game now.

blunted

Funny thing is, it’s people slating professional footballers when the only physical activity they do is walk to the fridge to grab another can of Stella. We weren’t brilliant today, it was a scrappy game in general. It was played at 100mph and needed a few players with composure to slow it down. We won in the end and defended like warriors. We weren’t shit, we weren’t brilliant. The comments throughout this thread are ridiculously over the top.
We are grinding out results away at the moment whilst not playing flowing football. The encouraging thing is if we hit peak form, we could make the playoffs. Think we could have got a point at both Norwich and West Brom in the end with a little luck.

JulianDarbyFTW

Utter bollox. Are you saying in a roundabout way we were wrong to stand up, condemn SWFC fan and support Palmer? Classic right wing tactic.
What an utterly pathetic interpretation of what I said. I framed it exactly how I meant it. It was wrong, it rightly got press attention, but it was a distraction from football. If you think that is racist then you've got a fucking screw loose.

blunted

Definitely - another anonymous performance from Palmer against championship standard opposition
He was our best player against West Brom and Rotherham. Also was very good against Norwich. Stop cherry picking and pursuing an agenda against a player you do not rate. I think he has been too inconsistent since he has arrived but give credit where it is due when he plays really well.

Users who are viewing this thread