Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmmeee

From my understanding of the current scenario, we have a situation whereby the stadium could be shut down whilst a new buyer is sought and matches, exhibitions and other events are stopped. The problems are related to the processes involved with liquidation, in that the governance structures connected to ACL become void. This includes operating licences, etc.
The value of football, events, etc to the economy of the City of Coventry [in it's widest sense] is significant. Each hotel room booked at the CBS and other hotels in the city, plus the secondary spend in restaurants, shops, pubs, etc is of value to our businesses.
We need some pragmatism to break out within this process and surely CCC even in their most vindictive mode can see there is value in providing a month worth of funding to keep the CBS operating whilst a new buyer is sought.

Probably not the best time for Gilbert and Ridley to be hammering the council on bailing out local companies TBF.

Tommo1993

It’s prediction time just for the sake of it and one can get mocked if one is wrong.

My take:

1) There’ll be a last minute extension attempt where there seems to be some dubious claim of progress.

2) This will fail with straightaway or soon after.

3) CCFC will play at Walsall on Tuesday either way due to uncertainty / insurance etc.

4) The temporary administration team in place now will be appointed administrators

5) The administrators will have no money to juggle or pay lawyers with, without some funds from bondholders or others.

6) Council will be put under pressure to revert lease with advocates pointing to the Butts precedent.

7) SISU will put huge legal pressure on Council and Administrator. Administrators will be very aware that they could be challenged and will tread carefully.

8) SISU will end up with the head lease in exchange for taking up liability for CBS repairs and for taking over TUPE liability for ACL employees and subleases to job centre etc etc. this will be touted as “taking up liabilities of £25m” or some such. SISU will capitalise this in their CCFC portfolio. SISU will pay administrators costs for doing this. 2-3m I guess.

I hope I’m totally wrong.

Think 3 is wrong. Even though I think it’s a safe assumption that not all of the fans expected to attend will actually attend - it’d be stupid to play at a ground will less capacity than tickets sold!

shmmeee

You are putting the blame on the club for not having a new stadium!!! Red herring and distraction. Stop it

Its not is it mate? It’s core to the whole issue. If they’d actually built the ground they said this wouldn’t be an issue. Instead they pursued a strategy of waiting for Wasps to go bankrupt: well here we are. But rich to moan about it now.

rexo87

No idea if he has any inside info but interesting take nonetheless
776ac10fa7cf9d647eced36c6cb44085.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

If Sisu bought the stadium, what’s to say they wouldn’t milk us for rent?

But they own CCFC, so ultimately would be no benefit in doing it.

1000% we would be charged rent - how else would the costs of stadium ownership be funded. If Sisu determined that ownership of the stadium and 100% of all the would add 3m a year to revenues then they could afford to double rent payments... that rent could be securitised to provide the funding to purchase.... or maybe we could sell some bonds (too soon!?)

In all seriousness though an Property Company for the stadium is a given, and a rental payment to that company gives that company "value" that can be mortgaged etc. So long as the company belongs to the same group then no concerns...

Grendel

Why would he want it? There's now no rugby club essentially. No players and no P Share

I think Derek has fell out of love with Rugby

ceetee

Why would he want it? There's now no rugby club essentially. No players and no P Share

Without the bond to repay and the other debts wiped out I would imagine the stadium complex can be run profitably, and he's in the best position to know that and agree a pre-pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread