Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

On that subject, they run away when you show them evidence of their attendance lies

Might be my finest twitter moment tbf enjoy the read

View attachment 26563View attachment 26564View attachment 26565View attachment 26566
I like the “can’t wait for cov to get relegated. Enjoy league one” tweets.

it’s like we haven’t been in the arse end of football in the past 5 years.

I mean that’s just genera football banter these days, Sunderland say it on the regular….

Calista

Stuart Barnes has an article in The Times today saying that the return of 6.5% on the bond was so out of sync with with the state of the economy at the time, with interest rates at .5% that it should have been seen as the warning it was
It's one of the oldest sayings in the financial world but when something looks too good to be true, it usually is
Yes it was pretty bizarre. Given the prevailing rates at the time, 6.5% seemed way over what they needed to offer, and was in itself a warning sign as you say.

If (as it seems) they’d even got players promoting those bonds to people it’s sad tbh.

Sky Blue Pete

The council's lease to Wasps at the time included a stipulation that insolvency of any kind could see the club forced to forfeit ownership of the stadium, with the exact wording: "If the tenant enters into some kind of insolvency regime."

I hope someone is advising joy not to play hardball and expect a long lease for nothing from ccc. Real opportunity here to do some real good either owning or selling and uniting the ground with ccfc in a deal that can be sustaining or hopefully so

Covkid1968#

Sky Blue Pete

Surely “nothing to see here” Maton, “fag ash” Lucas, and “over my dead body” Duggins must all come under scrutiny and public enquiry over their parts in this shitshow now?
Well things change don’t they but even if the decision was genuinely made for the right reasons they have to admit that it wasn’t the right one now surely

SBAndy

It may be a very slightly misleading picture but below is a snapshot of our attendance vs Sheff Utd (the protest one). Attendance 8,801.

1665742867364.jpeg
Edit: and this was in the 86th minute so probably a fair few that had already left.

Robinshio

I’ve tried hunting back for pics of our home attendances in L2 but can’t find any. Be interesting to see the comparison.
no pics but we averaged 9255 (Again recorded attendance rather than actual) however I think we only had around 3k STH so probably 8500+ in attendance

we are only around 1800 shy now of our highest average in an all seater stadium

duffer

As we allways guessed wasps paying reach for positive media and threatening to pull advertising

Not just Wasps pressuring the CET to pull negative stories.

The council also squashed things like the arena bailout story by threatening to withdraw advertising. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have a hand in suppressing anything negative about their pet Wasps project too.

Gynnsthetonic

Not just Wasps pressuring the CET to pull negative stories.

The council also squashed things like the arena bailout story by threatening to withdraw advertising. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have a hand in suppressing anything negative about their pet Wasps project too.
Maybe we see some leaks from councilors who weren't happy with the deal to sell to Wasp but were silenced at the time

Happy_Martian

I’ve tried hunting back for pics of our home attendances in L2 but can’t find any. Be interesting to see the comparison.

Can't help with pictures of attendances (and a photo of one stand doesn't give a true reflection any way). But this site has all attendance figures for the L2 season. Looks like we averaged between 6 and 8.5K. Only numbers significantly lower than those were the League Trophy initial rounds.

duffer

The council's lease to Wasps at the time included a stipulation that insolvency of any kind could see the club forced to forfeit ownership of the stadium, with the exact wording: "If the tenant enters into some kind of insolvency regime."

I hope someone is advising joy not to play hardball and expect a long lease for nothing from ccc. Real opportunity here to do some real good either owning or selling and uniting the ground with ccfc in a deal that can be sustaining or hopefully so

Personal opinion, Pete, but everything I've read suggests the bondholders (who have a first charge on it) get the lease or at least the administrator gets to sell it to pay them. So I don't think CCC will get much of a say in it this time. This could be a good thing!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Personal opinion, Pete, but everything I've read suggests the bondholders (who have a first charge on it) get the lease or at least the administrator gets to sell it to pay them. So I don't think CCC will get much of a say in it this time. This could be a good thing!
But don’t the council have to agree and assign it?

Skyblueweeman

Isn't that worse for us? I wonder what the socio-economic mix is of the bondholders but I'd suggest a number would be Wasps fans. I can't imagine they'd be enamoured about CCFC having any sort of benefit out of this.

I could be totally wrong though!

Robinshio

Isn't that worse for us? I wonder what the socio-economic mix is of the bondholders but I'd suggest a number would be Wasps fans. I can't imagine they'd be enamoured about CCFC having any sort of benefit out of this.

their interest will be purely financial (certainly if they are in it for any material amounts)

Nick

Administrator

Won't they just get the best offer to the administrator rather than a choice?

rexo87

What the actual fuck. Councillors called to meeting to help Wasps stave of admin

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread