Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomRad85

Shame it’s yet another attention seeker rather than a serious bidder, but I’d love to see SBT if we did get a billionaire owner willing to splash the cash.

“Taxi for Pep”

“Halaand: does he close down enough?”

“Why isn’t Tavares getting on the pitch?”
"This De Jong chap doesn't run about much, still think Bigi could do a job personally."

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Shame it’s yet another attention seeker rather than a serious bidder, but I’d love to see SBT if we did get a billionaire owner willing to splash the cash.

“Taxi for Pep”

Kevin de Bruyne flatters to deceive

Is Phil Foden a burden on the team?

Grendel

Why all the dislike of Dawkins, a Cov Kid doing very well.
Unless he's done something I don't know about, perhaps you just don't like the band's he's managed?

Well

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

“Taxi for Pep”

“Kelly is better than Kante”

pusbccfc

Unless he's done something I don't know about, perhaps you just don't like the band's he's managed?

Exactly that. They don't like him cause he's a Cov kid who's done well. They don't like him because he has decent sources through players. Typical SBT.

shepardo01

Im not sure it’s that simple anymore - i think the creditor liability is huge - a winding up order is due Monday there’s little escape from that
Just pessimistic based on all that has gone before.... I think we know that CCC will be looking every which way they can to still have them about in some way/shape or new form!!
If they can't, I'll bet they will have tried damn hard....

Sepalla's aim has always been the Ricoh/CBS... was told this by a club employee who had met her/been in meetings with her (think this was around the mid point between Northampton and Brum where a lot of meetings with staff/players took place)

Trying to remember the quote he gave me, something along the lines of "I want the stadium... and I'll get it..."

Have things changed?.... who knows...?

Would she/sisu actually sell up if a crazy billionaire offered the 60 mil someone quoted here earlier?.... or does this particular arm of SISUs hedge fund serve a different purpose way beyond just being a football club????

Also, could CCC be difficult with the lease if SISU still involved- remember, the article that appeared mentioned investment to support, not a buy out.... got a feeling CCC will have a part to play... of course...it's nearly pantomime season too...

Lots there.... but who bloody knows!!??.....

Grendel

Exactly that. They don't like him cause he's a Cov kid who's done well. They don't like him because he has decent sources through players. Typical SBT.

Again

clint van damme

2 maybe 3 people have made negative comments about him, not the whole forum, stop being a drama queen.

Grendel

2 maybe 3 people have made negative comments about him, not the whole forum, stop being a drama queen.

He said he had exclusive info that Wasps had secured funding in early September to secure the lease

theferret

All this hand-wringing makes me laugh. Everyone wants SISU out, but the moment there's talk of a potential buyer, people immediately find a reason for why we shouldn't go near them.

These are the same people who are adamant that the only model that works in this division is for a filthy rich benefactor to spunk millions up the wall in some sort of coke-fuelled Operation Premiership, but they label all this as 'investment' to hide what it really is.

Truth is this, very few people become football club owner wealthy because they own a fluffy bunny factory. Take it or leave it. Ashley? Yep. This American fella, yep. What exactly are people hoping for?

dadgad

Given the number of investors in U.K. footy atm the only way CCFC can get beyond the current cycle of ‘shite owners, homelessness, etc.’ is for some bored billionaire Yank to distract himself with a limey plaything. The potential is here, miles better prospects than say Bournemouth or Brentford. I’d take it.

clint van damme

He said he had exclusive info that Wasps had secured funding in early September to secure the lease

Yeah, and given this latest story, it's highly relevant to point that out.
I've no opinion one way or another on him, but it would be great if he's attracted a billionaire into buying the club but I won't hold my breath.

shmmeee

Because we’ve had a cavalcade of absolute chancers who go to the media first with great tales of being a city fan and knowing a billionaire and at this point until there’s a bid on the table being considered it’s meaningless.

Gynnsthetonic

I won't be celebrating until Wasps signs are being taken down at the arena and MR is throwing around the cash.

All just talk until then.

The one thing that is a genuine pleasure is seeing that Wasps are actually in trouble given their antics since arriving.
I really think they've had it and will head the same way as Worcester

Grendel

he bragged he was in the know and had jnside info on the fact wasps had secured the loan and said not to doubt him. He was wrong?

theferret

he bragged he was in the know and had jnside info on the fact wasps had secured the loan and said not to doubt him. He was wrong?

Again, so what? He probably had some info but jumped the gun a bit and it didn't pan out.

His parents live across the road from me and he visits now and again. Did a really nice thing for my daughter once. Nice fella. Clearly a big supporter of the club and the city. Not going to get carried away by one iffy tweet or cast doubt on his integrity based on that alone. I don't have the energy to be that cynical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread