Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
So has Gilbert actually ruled anything out or has he just found a different way of saying its as you were last night?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He hinted to sisu and the American guy working together but said sisu want admin.

Telfer85

If Ashley is interested there’s no doubt he will want the club as well. I imagine he’d let Wasps play there as well. The way Ashley would make a big profit on all this is uniting the club with the stadium and selling once in the prem. He won’t do that by just having wasps and events there.

As someone else has said the purchase won’t be straightforward tho as Sisu will clearly stick their heels in and make it difficult if they lose out here. Ultimately though if Ashley did come out on top I can’t see him not owning us as well at some point.

wingy

Which doesn’t make sense.

SISU or their acquaintances are waiting for admin but are footing the bills for ACL to prevent stadium from closing.
But I think it's the club .
Now I don't want to alarm anyone but we're not exact cash handy right now .

After being told all summer nothing was going in someone on here recently said £5M was put in against losses.
I just hope there's no danger the club when and however they deal to get out of here sorry but it's all weird right now.

hutch1972

It would be interesting if someone can ask Gilbert on Twitter whether Sisu have put a bid in and it's just not been considered or whether they've pulled their bid?

Seems strange for them not to try and get the Arena so did they just not bid or were they told their bid wouldn't be welcomed?
The debts in ACL could only mean a sisu bid would be in conjunction with another party. They haven't got the wonga to go it alone outside of administration.

CCFC_Irish

If Ashley is interested there’s no doubt he will want the club as well. I imagine he’d let Wasps play there as well. The way Ashley would make a big profit on all this is uniting the club with the stadium and selling once in the prem. He won’t do that by just having wasps and events there.

As someone else has said the purchase won’t be straightforward tho as Sisu will clearly stick their heels in and make it difficult if they lose out here. Ultimately though if Ashley did come out on top I can’t see him not owning us as well at some point.

Wasps won't be back. Something tells me they have realised where they went wrong. A 30k seater stadium that rarely filled a third of it's capacity possibly hoping Coventry City folk would fill it out for them.

Just to recap based on what has been said

Mike Ashley has made a bit pre-administration.
NEC have made a bid pre-administration.
SISU have not made a bid and will only make one after administration.
McEvoy has apparently teamed up with SISU and wanted to make a bid but SISU don't want to until after administration.

It is clear from these offers there is potentially only one offer on the table that would to any degree have the football clubs interest at heart.

Edit: Ashley probably isn't even interested in the club either.

CCFCSteve

According to Gilbert that debt needs to be clear, no sane person is clearing that debt

I’m not sure Gilbert knows exactly what he’s talking about when it comes to the details of the process side of things

Politically, now Wasps are dead it's sensible for them to stay at arm's length. But of course as the freeholder they'll be talking to potential bidders! Also remember all the demands SISU made about a new stadium - that CCC built a road infrastructure etc for them etc - and potential bidders will want to know what's possible, and what isn't.

I wonder if there’s conversations about the structural issues/repairs as well

Gynnsthetonic

Don't think Wasp will be playing at home in Coventry again

Saddlebrains

Wtf. Richard Keys just tweeted Ashley is the preferred bidder and isn’t interested in the football club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He literally knows nothing so i wouldnt worry

However as stated in my previous post IF thats the case, its the worst possible thing for us

Worse than Wasps here, worse than NEC.

Ashley and SISU will just try and distress each other incessantly until 1 caves

usskyblue

Wtf. Richard Keys just tweeted Ashley is the preferred bidder and isn’t interested in the football club
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ashley laughing all the way to the CBS

Roflcopter.gif

Nick

Administrator
Begs the question why does he want only the stadium

Although wasn't keys the go to man for the council's pr?

hutch1972

I am puzzled. Unless it's been mentioned somewhere, why are NEC bidding if they don't need the stadium, what with them already having Birmingham and the events and facilities there?

Seems people are saying they won't be interested in the club or the stadium, but at the same time they don't need the events part of the Arena, because they already have Birmingham.

🤔🤷
If you have a competitor quite close, is it not best if you get to own it?
Birmingham would get the wheat and leave cov with all the chaff.

Brighton Sky Blue

He literally knows nothing so i wouldnt worry

However as stated in my previous post IF thats the case, its the worst possible thing for us

Worse than Wasps here, worse than NEC.

Ashley and SISU will just try and distress each other incessantly until 1 caves

So he wanted to buy Pride Park and Derby, but apparently doesn't want CCFC + stadium?

AFCCOVENTRY

So Ashley get preferred bidder status and gets time to complete the deal for the CBS? If that fails we have Sisu who are only interested if acl goes into admin.

Nick

Administrator
So Ashley get preferred bidder status and gets time to complete the deal for the CBS? If that fails we have Sisu who are only interested if acl goes into admin.
Who would give him that status? The council?

There has to be weird pr games going on at the minute with stand offs.

Telfer85

Begs the question why does he want only the stadium

Although wasn't keys the go to man for the council's pr?
I imagine his tactic will be to distress Sisu until he gets us on the cheap. If he’s doing it through a pre packed admin would that mean all our agreements are void? Give us worse terms? charge us more rent? Gonna get worse before it gets better possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread