Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
It was a two pronged slant.

1) Can CCFC afford to stay in anything other than hostels?
2) Does Walsall offer anything other than hostels?

There's that hotel over the road, had a beer in there before one of the games.

No idea how nice it was, had beers though.

The Philosopher

Also, could the update from the club mean ACL are somehow avoiding Administration today and have another extension?
That sounds most likely and will probably avoid further potential SISU claim potential that would occur if we played at Walsall.

They’ll have to show that some kind of deal is possible though, but with bidders like the NEC and Ashley at the table proof of funds and potential resolution is no problem. An extension would be denied if it was just that poker chap and Dhinsa putting offers in.

TomRad85

Is if possible someone like Ashley or McEvoy could be wanting to invest with SISU rather than bidding against them?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Pretty sure the Council also said that's why they didn't want SISU to own it...
There is, or at least was, meeting notes on the council website that say safeguards need to be put in place to ensure that if CCFC / SISU ever get ownership of the stadium it can't be used as security on any finance.

The Philosopher

In theory, they would want Ashley to pay less for the Ricoh so he would pay more for the club.
I wonder if SISU and Ashley are working together on this - it would make sense.

MA would know that buying the stadium with SISU hostile is a big risk.

It’s SISU’s best “out”. Use their leverage positions to make sure MA can get the stadium with the proviso that he then buys CCFC.

Personally don’t mind this outcome.

With betting sponsorship going at least “Sports Direct” or Lonsdale or whatever can be the backers next season and like him or not, he’s got a few quid. (MA)

AFCCOVENTRY

We have a scenario here apart from NEC, all the other 3 parties want to marry the stadium and club together.

Very interesting times and I would say positive.

Skyblue_CP

Yep, it's just then what's he going to do with it.

Surely he would have an agreement in place for the club before the arena?
This is what I can’t get my head round, why would he be in for the CBS against SISU if they were in agreement.

Skyblueweeman

It was a two pronged slant.

1) Can CCFC afford to stay in anything other than hostels?
2) Does Walsall offer anything other than hostels?

Ha ha - fair enough. Didn't pick up on the 2nd point.

To be fair, clubs normally are happy to stay within a 30 mins drive of the ground they're playing (taking into account traffic/time of travel etc). That opens up a wider area than Walsall itself. Thankfully.

Terry Gibson's perm

Hummel must be delighted to have all that merchandise sitting there with let’s be generous a limited value.

The Philosopher

Dawkins tweeted 20 minutes ago saying “WE CONTINUE” your guess is as good as mine what that means.
If there is an extension (and it looks like there will be) it’ll be interesting to find out who is putting the money in to pay the costs while this is going on?

Stewarding
Police
Ongoing insurance

I guess by extension it’ll be CCFC and gate receipts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread