Wasps downward spiral... (8 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Bond holders getting aggy now wanting answers on what’s going on….

This made me chuckle..,

bondholder: Agree especially with the last bit. Failing that CCFC are talking about building a new stadium in the future. At 35m this is a gift by comparison

£35m ?!…Might be a tad optimistic. I presume they haven’t looked into SISU and how they do business !!!

FulltimeWum

I clicked through eight pages before I noticed it was sorted in latest to earliest order. Similar to Donnie Darko but less rabbits. 7/10

FulltimeWum

Outlandish prediction. Wasps will fold/merge disappear from Coventry.

Richardson will go onto build a variety of hotels and leisure industry settings in the various car parks around the arena.

Interesting read from the Leicester tigers fans forum on London wasps. Notice the posts on London wasps financial position in the press!

lots of amateur one eyed speculation much like on here. 😉 It’s not in the news because it’s not really news …. It’s all in the public domain …. What news do you expect it to be in ? …. Headline on news at ten ?

CCFC54321

Outlandish prediction. Wasps will fold/merge disappear from Coventry.

Richardson will go onto build a variety of hotels and leisure industry settings in the various car parks around the arena.
Can live with that in the short term. All we do then is finish them off by not going into them and giving the hotels the worst ratings ever on trip advisor! 😀

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

lots of amateur one eyed speculation much like on here. 😉 It’s not in the news because it’s not really news …. It’s all in the public domain …. What news do you expect it to be in ? …. Headline on news at ten ?
Welcome to SBT… the reason we expect it to be in the Coventry Telegraph is because if it was our accounts there would be a 5 page spread about how we’d be going into oblivion.

Welcome to SBT… the reason we expect it to be in the Coventry Telegraph is because if it was our accounts there would be a 5 page spread about how we’d be going into oblivion.

that’s a fair comment…… so why do you suggest it’s not in the news ? ….. perhaps nobody would be interested if Wasps are as insignificant locally as many on here feel. The accounts are late that’s already public, anything beyond that is speculation

Grendel

that’s a fair comment…… so why do you suggest it’s not in the news ? ….. perhaps nobody would be interested if Wasps are as insignificant locally as many on here feel. The accounts are late that’s already public, anything beyond that is speculation

Well the bond holders also haven’t been paid - despite a commitment they would be and then late accounts along with a wall of silence by wasps

Well the bond holders also haven’t been paid - despite a commitment they would be and then late accounts along with a wall of silence by wasps

agreed … but again anything beyond that is speculation…. The fact that Bondholders haven’t been paid has been reported publicly in the appropriate press where people are interested ….. is the average Cov Telegraph reader really interested? …. Are you suggesting that the lack of local coverage is some conspiracy theory or could it be that at the moment it’s not really news worthy ?

mr_monkey

And the fact Bobby bridge is blocking anyone who asks about it on twitter

If it was the football club it would be everywhere but we can all do the maths as to why it isn't being reported can't we

Philosorapter

agreed … but again anything beyond that is speculation…. The fact that Bondholders haven’t been paid has been reported publicly in the appropriate press where people are interested ….. is the average Cov Telegraph reader really interested? …. Are you suggesting that the lack of local coverage is some conspiracy theory or could it be that at the moment it’s not really news worthy ?

Could you explain why Coventry Telegraph Business Award winners - company of the year 2016 is not of significant interest to Coventry Telegraph readers?

Also, could you explain why missing a deadline to pay back bondholders is not news-worthy either?

Nick

Administrator
Again. Would they be about the ins and outs of legal cases? If it was CCFC they would be.

As it's bad wasps news is hushed until Bobby can copy and paste.

And the fact Bobby bridge is blocking anyone who asks about it on twitter

If it was the football club it would be everywhere but we can all do the maths as to why it isn't being reported can't we

Tell us why it’s not being reported ? Is Bobby Bridge the only journo that can report such a shocking story ? If it’s that scandalous then surely another media outlet would pick it up, don’t you think ? …… or is it that right now there isn’t really anything particularly interesting to report that isn’t in the public domain. If you are hanging your hat on one journalist then I would politely suggest it’s a non story. Of course in due course it might be a great story and the biggest scandal to hit Cov, there again it might fizzle out to nothing.

Could you explain why Coventry Telegraph Business Award winners - company of the year 2016 is not of significant interest to Coventry Telegraph readers?

Also, could you explain why missing a deadline to pay back bondholders is not news-worthy either?

i didn’t say paying back bondholders wasn’t news worthy ….. it’s been reported in the financial press where it rightly should be reported.

An award 6 years ago ? Is that really current ?

mr_monkey

Tell us why it’s not being reported ? Is Bobby Bridge the only journo that can report such a shocking story ? If it’s that scandalous then surely another media outlet would pick it up, don’t you think ? …… or is it that right now there isn’t really anything particularly interesting to report that isn’t in the public domain. If you are hanging your hat on one journalist then I would politely suggest it’s a non story. Of course in due course it might be a great story and the biggest scandal to hit Cov, there again it might fizzle out to nothing.

I imagine they are just hoping it comes to nothing to avoid the egg on their faces of backing a non Coventry based sporting entity over one that has been the lifeblood of the city

I mean it won't be long until the circus ups a leaves anyway with the results and the crowds you are currently getting, it won't be sustainable for much longer anyway even if the bonds are paid

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Wasps are insignificant but considering they own a community asset that wasn’t sold to SISU because there were fears they’d loan against it. You can see why the community asset would be of significant interest

Again. Would they be about the ins and outs of legal cases? If it was CCFC they would be.

As it's bad wasps news is hushed until Bobby can copy and paste.

I don’t disagree one journo may choose not to report it …. That’s life …. But he can’t hush every other media outlet. As I said if it was that scandalous someone else would pick up on the story ….. but they haven’t …… ask yourself why ??

Grendel

The local news outlets have a wasp section and there are stories on it most days

The delayed accounts and lack of bond payment show a significant financial issue with the club

That in turn would have considerable implications for the football club. It’s fairly silly to say it’s not something newsworthy when other stories including transfer news etc are

Philosorapter

I don’t disagree one journo may choose not to report it …. That’s life …. But he can’t hush every other media outlet. As I said if it was that scandalous someone else would pick up on the story ….. but they haven’t …… ask yourself why ??

Are they going for Coventry Telegraph Business Award - Company of the year 2022?

I mean it won't be long until the circus ups a leaves anyway with the results and the crowds you are currently getting, it won't be sustainable for much longer anyway even if the bonds are paid
Time will tell I guess, neither you or I know. This is something that has been said and wished now by you guys for a long time and it hasn’t happened yet. There are also a lot of decent men and women who’s wish it is that Wasps don’t fail but time will tell.

Last edited:
The local news outlets have a wasp section and there are stories on it most days

The delayed accounts and lack of bond payment show a significant financial issue with the club

That in turn would have considerable implications for the football club. It’s fairly silly to say it’s not something newsworthy when other stories including transfer news etc are

agree there is a significant financial issue nobody denies that ….. I’m not familiar with other media outlets locally ….. are you suggesting that all the media outlets are collaborating for a news blackout ?

FulltimeWum

Time will tell I guess, neither you or I know. This is something that has been said and wished now by you guys for a long time and it hasn’t happened yet. There are also a lot of decent men and women who’s wish it is that Wasps don’t fail but time will tell.
Are you alluding that only non decent people wish for Wasps to fail?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

agree there is a significant financial issue nobody denies that ….. I’m not familiar with other media outlets locally ….. are you suggesting that all the media outlets are collaborating for a news blackout ?
No, the one paper that has a vested interest in the Wasps project is silent, the rest wouldn’t care because outside of England - Rugby isn’t of interest.

now if Wasps go bump - that would probably make the news, but surely Wasps fans want to know what’s going on? There’s a few in London still

Philosorapter

Could you explain how a company which lost around £3.5 million could even be considered by the Telegraph as anywhere near deserving of this award?

I love you guys & gals at the Telegraph, by the way. It is a question that was brought up when the award was given, and it is still relevant now.

mr_monkey

By the looks of things most of them don't live in Coventry though which is the point

I personally feel massive sympathy for actual wasps fans who had their club ripped away from their community and moved hundreds of miles away by scumbags and dodgy deals, I take no pleasure in their pain that it's failing massively, the people that made it happen however I hope they all go bankrupt

Last edited:

Grendel

oddly the local telegraph was very keen to publish many stories of Mr Eastwood include a fanfare when the bond was launched and frequent stories about the amazing success “of the biggest club in Europe” and a series of spinned tales of success

strange if there was interest then there isn’t now

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

By the looks of things most of them don't live in Coventry though which is the point
And this is the point which is lost on Wasps fans…. They’ve come in to the detriment of the major sports teams already here.

and typical Londoners don’t care about anything or anyone else. As long as they’re fine everything else is collateral damage.

I really don’t know the breakdown of people across the stadium, all I can tell you is that where I sit there are more season ticket holders from the midlands than from other parts of the country. Don’t overlook that over the years many long standing Wasps supporters come from all over the country not just London. People move on in life but they still support Wasps. I’m sure that could be said of CCFC also. I have friends who supported Wasps at Wycombe but live nearer Cov, they used to travel down.

mr_monkey

I really don’t know the breakdown of people across the stadium, all I can tell you is that where I sit there are more season ticket holders from the midlands than from other parts of the country. Don’t overlook that over the years many long standing Wasps supporters come from all over the country not just London. People move on in life but they still support Wasps. I’m sure that could be said of CCFC also. I have friends who supported Wasps at Wycombe but live nearer Cov, they used to travel down.

Genuine question, where have the rest of them gone now you are getting 8k or so for some games? I know they gave loads of free tickets when they first moved in, has that stopped now

Users who are viewing this thread