Walsall Sold Out (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

Lets pack Brum out for this now, pubs within walking distance of New Street, Villa at Home to Everton so maybe get to mix with a few Everton fans and have some decent banter if they come into brum too.. Should be a good day! and hopefully 3 points!

Kingokings204

Another 250 tickets for Walsall just gone on sale now, lets sell out record time and get more tickets and pack it out with 3000 not 2000.

Hopefully, if they make more tickets available they won't send them straight to CCFC. Might be an idea to contact them and let them know they're missing out potential sales.

shropshirecov

If they took away the netting from the front two rows a couple hundred more would be made available there and then. Bizarre how some clubs love their netting

kg82

If they took away the netting from the front two rows a couple hundred more would be made available there and then. Bizarre how some clubs love their netting

I can understand it at the front of the stand. Deterrent from running onto the pitch. However, at the back, like at Wolves, I have no idea what the point is?! It's not as if it stops the Wolves fans above dropping things on the fans below!

swisstony

Defo sold out now.
Rang at 9,they told me to ring back at 10.
Phoned Constantly for an hour and a half permanently goes to answerphone or engaged tone.
When they answered it is sold out,can't understand it when the website was also down.
If anyone has 2adult and 1 kids spare I'll be delighted to take them offs your handsw

shropshirecov

I can understand it at the front of the stand. Deterrent from running onto the pitch. However, at the back, like at Wolves, I have no idea what the point is?! It's not as if it stops the Wolves fans above dropping things on the fans below!

If there was a problem with pitch invasions at grounds without front row netting then I'd agree. But there isn't, places like Walsall, the walkway is actually in front of the seats. In games like ours where demand is huge, the away club could even send a few more stewards. I'm sure others will disagree

pusbccfc

How they can't give us more ill never know.

kg82

If there was a problem with pitch invasions at grounds without front row netting then I'd agree. But there isn't, places like Walsall, the walkway is actually in front of the seats. In games like ours where demand is huge, the away club could even send a few more stewards. I'm sure others will disagree

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Nettings ridiculous. But I can understand it in some cases.

fernandopartridge

Any decent boozers that ain't this club at the ground?

Trying to think of the boozer we all turned up at a few years back and made open up early. I was sure it was the St George and Dragon but nothing shows in google.

Fernando you remember?

Is that the one by the Market Ground mate? I am fucked if I know. Our friend from Coundon has actually text me to say it's called the Black Country Arms now.

LastGarrison

Is that the one by the Market Ground mate? I am fucked if I know. Our friend from Coundon has actually text me to say it's called the Black Country Arms now.

That's the fucker!!! Used to be called the Green Dragon according to it's website, thought I had made it up!

Is he going Saturday?

Cheshireskyblue

Just spoken to Walsall FC asking if there will be any more tickets allocated to us and was told No! I queried why we had been allocated fewer tickets & she said 'That both clubs had agreed a lower allocation'!!! I wonder why?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Just spoken to Walsall FC asking if there will be any more tickets allocated to us and was told No! I queried why we had been allocated fewer tickets & she said 'That both clubs had agreed a lower allocation'!!! I wonder why?

Given our recent record on local away games, it does seem rather odd.

Perhaps too large a following would be too embarrassing?

Steve.B50

Will be a real shame if we do not get more tickets for this game.
Last season they said sold out but on the day they came into the Supporters club and said they will sell tickets on the day.
I think PC Dave Mapp made sure everyone got a ticket last year as they did not want fans hanging around outside. However, not sure Dave is looking after us anymore as we now come under Northamptonshire Police.
If you do have to sit in the home end it will not be as bad as last week as the Walsall fans are a decent lot compared to Wolves.

Bee Sky Bee

We had more last season. It has to be down to policing costs.

Hi. Saddlers fan here. It will be down to policing costs and police advice.

Walsall aren't shy in selling as many tickets as possible, we need every penny we can get to make sure our rent is paid.

However there were a lot of arrests of Walsall fans last year, so the WMP are insisting that when they police high profile games, they'll overdo it (as usual) and charge too much.

It's a shame as it's always a far better atmosphere when away fans take up most of the side as well. I think you'll have behind the goal, and a few blocks of the side, maybe up to the halfway line ay most.

It should be a cracking game, we've just started to hit our best, and you are flying. We've been a bit inconsistent at home so it could go either way. I'm hoping its the same scoreline as one of our better performances last season, against your lot.

glenccfc91

Any spare tickets around? I know it's late but I couldn't buy a ticket until I was paid! Feel free to direct message me or email me: [email protected] ideally 2 tickets, 1 ticket would still be greatly recieved!

Perfect illustration of why clubs like Walsall and us struggle financially! Any Cov fan would tell you that we would take around 4000 minimum to a game like this, but the 2 clubs agree to throw away income!!!!!!!!!!!

Houdi

Just go into Birmingham and get the train to Bescot when you need too, alot in Walsall has been closed down or boarded up and is a dive, train takes you straight to the ground £7 west midlands hopper pass from Cov to New Street pubs close by easy done.
Get a bus and rail west midlands off peak day tripper for £6, it is cheaper than just a train pass, God knows why.

theferret

Hi. Saddlers fan here. It will be down to policing costs and police advice.

Walsall aren't shy in selling as many tickets as possible, we need every penny we can get to make sure our rent is paid.

However there were a lot of arrests of Walsall fans last year, so the WMP are insisting that when they police high profile games, they'll overdo it (as usual) and charge too much.

It's a shame as it's always a far better atmosphere when away fans take up most of the side as well. I think you'll have behind the goal, and a few blocks of the side, maybe up to the halfway line ay most.

It should be a cracking game, we've just started to hit our best, and you are flying. We've been a bit inconsistent at home so it could go either way. I'm hoping its the same scoreline as one of our better performances last season, against your lot.

I'm sorry, but there is no way that the cost of extra policing is greater than the revenues from 1000 extra ticket sales.

Not only that, I suspect police advice is more likely to suggest the club make more away tickets available to avoid away fans going in the home end which I suspect will happen, although I douby they'll be any issues.

After all, it was the police who pretty much told Wolves to give us more tickets for the same reason.

There are no excuses for this, you must just have a thick yam-yam running your ticket office :D

LB87ccfc

I get one of them all the time, that is what I meant Houdi, excellent value and allows you to drink in Brum before hand which is far better than Walsall.

LB87ccfc

I'm sorry, but there is no way that the cost of extra policing is greater than the revenues from 1000 extra ticket sales.

Not only that, I suspect police advice is more likely to suggest the club make more away tickets available to avoid away fans going in the home end which I suspect will happen, although I douby they'll be any issues.

After all, it was the police who pretty much told Wolves to give us more tickets for the same reason.

There are no excuses for this, you must just have a thick yam-yam running your ticket office :D

I think it could partly come down to Villa been at home the same day ... First time in many a year we potentially bump into them or at least in the same area as them.. I know this sounds a little far fetched, plus policing has definitely made a difference here and alot of complaints were made on several occasions by saddlers who had to move from their usual seats for away fans apparently so that could have a bearing effect too.

theferret

I think it could partly come down to Villa been at home the same day ... First time in many a year we potentially bump into them or at least in the same area as them.. I know this sounds a little far fetched, plus policing has definitely made a difference here and alot of complaints were made on several occasions by saddlers who had to move from their usual seats for away fans apparently so that could have a bearing effect too.

Last year we were allocated 3100 for a bank holiday monday game when blues were also playing wolves at st andrews. We also took 5000 to Blues in the cup a few years back on the same day that villa were hosting blackburn, so I don't think it is an issue. Moving ST holders may be an issue, but other than that it is a nonsense decision made by woolly-minded idiots. But hey, they won't change their minds so we'll just have to live with it I guess.

Bee Sky Bee

Well, as long as they're not as bad as those running your shambles of a club, we're happy.

Users who are viewing this thread