Wake up supporters - you are being conned! (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Very good question, why don't you put that one to CCC & the Higgs Trust? Also possible ACL who've signed away an important revenue stream (catering) to Compass for how many years??????????

Fair comment about compass.

Why don't you ask why CCFC signed away an important revenue stream (catering) to ACL for how many years??????????

James Smith

Very good question, why don't you put that one to CCC & the Higgs Trust? Also possible ACL who've signed away an important revenue stream (catering) to Compass for how many years??????????
The point I was making was that SISU just walked away from negotiations with the Higgs. We could have bought their half share and had a say on the board of ACL but for reasons best known to themselves they decided not to.

Sky Blue Kid

No lots if things remain a mystery. Like why some posters only ever post when the football clubs landlord comes under attack.

Can the same be said about you and a few others(Few being the operative word) when defending SISU?:facepalm:

dadgad

I come on here because I am angry, angry at the moment because the owners of my club are moving that club away from the city to another town. It's tragic the way our club is being abused by the owners and some fans are happy to let that happen. We've been at our lowest position for decades with the highest level of debt, thanks to their brilliant stewardship. Then they bang on about FFP and the requirements that brings at the same time as hobbling our income with a groundshare outside the city. This of course is to say nothing of the proposal to spend money we don't have on a stadium we arguably don't need. Then having right royally pissed off the landlords who despite everything haven't kicked us out, they don't say sorry for their behaviour just that they will stay if the previous deal is put back on the table. Bit late for that isn't it? As I said before the fact that the Higgs are still prepared to deal with them is nothing short of baffling.

Our club is the one that I grew up watching, I can remember my dad taking me to my first match at Highfield Road and the last. I can remember the trips to Hillsborough and Wembley for both the FA cup and the charity Shield. I cry every time I listen to my copy of Sky Blue Magic when the final whistle blows and again when Killer lifts the cup. Over the years I've taken some stick as a Sky Blues Fan from friends and colleagues, the latest jibe being "How do you think your home form will be away next season?" I don't take it personally, and even the friends making those comments are shocked by what's happening to us. On here I've been accused by you of being PWKH, a council worker, working in the ACL politburo in the Ministry for talking drivel etc. but I'm not actually that bothered, I get called names by my toddler nieces and nephews so nothing new there.

I thought that we couldn't get more screwed by the owners than we did under BR, and it pains me to say it but we are now. You're damn right that I pick up on things where I think someone is posting something that's wrong. If things look a bit suspect on either side of this mess then we should be questioning them about it. The fact that PWKH comes on here and presents the ACL/Charity side and is more open and comes across as a nice bloke doesn't mean that we should take everything he says as the unblemished truth.

The thing is though he and ACL have been more open with us and explained things when asked, they've also filed their accounts on time! That's one of the reasons that I quote him as a source, I've not yet found somewhere where he's been untruthful with us. At some points it is ACL/his word against CCFC/SISU and you have to make your own mind up in that case. Yes he and whoever else it was were a bit silly with balloon gate but other than that they've held what I can only describe as the moral high ground in all this. The club are starting to get around to engaging with the fans via the fans forums but it should have been done earlier and the owners should have noticed that they were getting unpopular a long time ago.

I believe that ACL should be owned by the club and that the club needs the revenue from the 365 days a year Arena business. What I don't think is that a SISU owned club should have any part of this and thankfully I don't think the council will let them.

Excellent post and bang on the money.

simple_simon

This is rubbish.
Only one company did not pay rent ad only one company taking the club away from Coventry.

Your either Tim Fisher or an employee of SISU.

ajsccfc

The shame with there only being Fisher now is that it's too much of a challenge to come up with anything more ridiculous than things he's actually said in reality. Man's a spoilsport.

Brighton Sky Blue

The shame with there only being Fisher now is that it's too much of a challenge to come up with anything more ridiculous than things he's actually said in reality. Man's a spoilsport.

Many of my followers criticised me for being too realistic. I gave up.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thank-you chaps - Bottom line is, SISU haven't done a lot right during their time here. But to support the council in their underhanded efforts to prevent our club from capturing the one asset that would bring greatness again is psych-ward committal worthy.

"Capturing"...well, that sums things up neatly.

shropshirecov

Is there no caveat that can be written into the conditions of any acquisition of the Ricoh by ccfc owners that's states the stadium must stay property of the football club? Basically whoever owns ccfc it can't flog it.

Some great legal minds on here, serious question.

Sky Blue Pete

Is there no caveat that can be written into the conditions of any acquisition of the Ricoh by ccfc owners that's states the stadium must stay property of the football club? Basically whoever owns ccfc it can't flog it.

Some great legal minds on here, serious question.
That's why there will always be some kind of shared ownership I believe.
However it is also why although I have some questions to ask of acl Higgs and Ccc I am in their corner when it comes to trusting Sisu and why they cannot trust them or deal with them in good faith.

How Grendel, rfc and the others can't see this I am shocked

skybluehugh

The stadium is not exclusively owned by a charity. They have a share.

Them hiding behind a charity, is like hiding behind your geeky friend punching people and expecting not to be punched back.

I'm not advocating any such behaviour. ACL had a responsibility to the club (and it's supporters who do not even realise they are being wronged) to sit down at the table and revisit figures to ensure a long term future for the club (and its home by virtue of the fact that they can only exist in harmony).

Mr fisher, we will not fall for your crap, you have had years to sort out the rent. You also had years to buy the 50% stake in the ground. You and your bosses chose not too. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE STATE OUR CLUB IS IN, NOT ACL NOT CCC YOU. So feck off

skybluericoh

I could only read up until your points 1 and 2

Happy with the progress under SISU until the stadium debacle, I was happy (content would be a more appropriate word) with SISU until they sold Fox and dan on the eve of the season starting. Since then I cannot wait to see the back of them.

Fundamentally it appears that my point is being missed;

SISU have been sub-standard to say the least, but the stadium situation only shows that CCC and ACL are not acting in the best interests of the club.

The argument against seems to be dredging up years of SISU's mistakes.

So I ask, if this were a new owner temporarily lodging us at Northampton on account of the current landlords unjustifiably bleeding the club of a large proportion of it's revenue until the situation is resolved; would you support them?

And if so, if you can understand the logic, Why not dispense with the past and focus only on the present;

No stadium ownership/viable rental agreement = no matchday/hospitality/other revenue = no football club

luwalla

Sisu also need to understand how business works. Alienate your customers and you have no business.

Eerrr yep ok, i Totally agree.. But that has nothing to do with my post, regarding the structure of a business investment... So not sure why you copied my post regarding that

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

SISU have been sub-standard to say the least, but the stadium situation only shows that CCC and ACL are not acting in the best interests of the club.

So I ask, if this were a new owner temporarily lodging us at Northampton on account of the current landlords unjustifiably bleeding the club of a large proportion of it's revenue until the situation is resolved; would you support them?

And if so, if you can understand the logic, Why not dispense with the past and focus only on the present;

No stadium ownership/viable rental agreement = no matchday/hospitality/other revenue = no football club
Sisu sell up and the club can move forward

skybluehugh

The present is that you and you alone are taking COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL out of COVENTRY. You have been offered far too much in my view, but still turned it down. That is the present

DaleM

It's not about the rent. It's about distressing ACL/CCC and getting their grubby paws on the Ricoh and if they ever did get the stadium expect CCFCs rent to remain high.

The present is that you and you alone are taking COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL out of COVENTRY. You have been offered far too much in my view, but still turned it down. That is the present

Me and me alone? So we're all but sold on the idea that i'm Tim Fisher/SISU employee? With all these conspiracy theories, I hope you go to bed wearing your tinfoil hat so the aliens can't read your mind!

Sky Blue Pete

Me and me alone? So we're all but sold on the idea that i'm Tim Fisher/SISU employee? With all these conspiracy theories, I hope you go to bed wearing your tinfoil hat so the aliens can't read your mind!

No idea who you are and you are entitled to your opinion but in my opinion you are very wrong. The only possible successful future is for Sisu to sell up and for us to take a chance on new owners who will work with other parties not deliberately confronting everyone arrogantly to get their own way like schoolboy bullies

blend

Its easy to miss the simple facts. Unfortunately for us our owners are impossible to deal with, drag everything and everyone through legal processes to get what they want. Most of their businesses or investments end up like this. Of course we want the best for our club but it seems apparent to most that they don't.

Sky Blue Kid

icon1.png
I support SISU's destabilisation of ACL for one reason - it's in the club's best interests to shock these people into cooperation.

Them hiding behind a charity, is like hiding behind your geeky friend punching people and expecting not to be punched back.

I'm not advocating any such behaviour. ACL had a responsibility to the club (and it's supporters who do not even realise they are being wronged) to sit down at the table and revisit figures to ensure a long term future for the club (and its home by virtue of the fact that they can only exist in harmony).

Make your mind up pal!....You Quote "Support the destabilisation of ACL"
Then say....Quote "I'm not advocating any such behaviour."
Must be Fisher...keeps disappearing up his own arse!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You sir are an idiot.

Me not 'advocating any such behaviour' was when 'bigfatronssba' said that I am advocating stealing.

Me supporting destabilisation of ACL is with a view to rent reduction and long term financial stability for the club.

Two very different concepts. Just like making the distinction between the two braincells in that dome of yours.

You must have felt really smart posting that - try reading things properly.

skybluehugh

The truth is ACL do not have any legal obligation to CCFC, they are the landlords of the arena. They are not the owners of CCFC. that is like saying my landlord is responsible for sorting out how my business is run and stepping in when I can not pay my bills. It does not happen, all my landlord would do is kick me out. ACL have not kicked CCFC out of the arena even though they are owed well over a million in unpaid rent. SHITSU walk out on them. And you have the Gaul to say it is ACL/CCC fault, well I am sorry BUT YOU ARE WRONG, in my opinion

James Smith

Where has it been written or said that ACL are hiding behind the charity? As far as I know PWKH is the spokesperson for both but to the best of my knowledge has never sought to shield ACL using the charity. Can you provide any evidence of this behaviour?

skybluehugh

You sir are an idiot.

Me not 'advocating any such behaviour' was when 'bigfatronssba' said that I am advocating stealing.

Me supporting destabilisation of ACL is with a view to rent reduction and long term financial stability for the club.

Two very different concepts. Just like making the distinction between the two braincells in that dome of yours.

Whoooo, losing the ability to back up your argument and resorting to name calling, sure your not Grenel?

The truth is ACL do not have any legal obligation to CCFC, they are the landlords of the arena. They are not the owners of CCFC. that is like saying my landlord is responsible for sorting out how my business is run and stepping in when I can not pay my bills. It does not happen, all my landlord would do is kick me out. ACL have not kicked CCFC out of the arena even though they are owed well over a million in unpaid rent. SHITSU walk out on them. And you have the Gaul to say it is ACL/CCC fault, well I am sorry BUT YOU ARE WRONG, in my opinion

See I have to disagree. Because this is not a coincidental meeting of landlord/tenant. The arena was built principally FOR THE SKY BLUES. How can that very important fact escape you? The arena was meant to be a mutually beneficial venture, and clearly on this point, it is precisely the opposite. CCFC have a moral obligation to pay the rent. ACL have a moral obligation to make that rent affordable with a view to the long term stability of their tenant - both have failed, but you seem intent only on highlighting the failings of CCFC.

James Smith

You sir are an idiot.

The loan to ACL from the council allowed a lower rent (which was rejected) to be offered. I don't support withholding rent especially when you haven't tried to talk to the owners of the property first.

dadgad

ub

This is interesting.
Given that this is obviously a Sisu plant why would someone suddenly crawl out of the woodwork and ask Cov fans to entertain the current situation?

Could it be that they are concerned they have no support?

That the move to Northants is dependent on this support?

Are the FL monitoring (as they should) this situation?

Not One Penny More

Users who are viewing this thread