Waggott - We Have Emerged Stronger From January Than When We Entered it (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Waggott Comment
Coventry City CEO Steve Waggott feels that the Sky Blues are stronger now the month of January has finished then when it began.
City have had Ryan Allsop, Josh McQuoid and Gary Madine return to the parent clubs but have signed Arron Martin on an eighteen month deal, Frank Nouble and Blair Turgott until the end of the season and taken Dominic Samuel, Samni Odelusi, Jamies Jones and Luke Williams on loans.
Writing in his notes in the programme for the Scunthorpe game, Mr Waggott wrote: "i completely understand the frustration from supporters at the way the season has panned out.
"I am not one to look to make excuses but it has been a really bitty season for a host of reasons, but we feel we have emerged from January stronger than when we entered it."

Yes we have emerged as more contenders to relegation than we were in December. Fantastic job, pleased for you Waggot, I really am...

:jerkit:

torchomatic

To be fair we are holding up quite a few teams. Nineteen, isn't it?

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm not one to look to make excuses but here they are what a twat this man is, why has it been bitty?

olderskyblue

He's right, we are stronger. We had 5 points more at the end of Jan...

Ashdown

Once again the poor chap is only a front man. He has a mandate to deliver from the Ivory Tower which is one of placation, appeasement and optimism. He will have been told to portray a sensation that they actually care about events on the pitch and that they have done all within their power { Tiny tin pot budget based on Sixfields revenue } to help their manager with his promotion { relegation } fight. SP has also probably followed his mandate in sending back anyone who was costing anything at all and replacing them with guys most likely on a free including wages for parent clubs who want them to have some game time to asses their futures before the end of the season.

Ashdown

I think we'll just about scrape up but not before Pressley has had a good go at preventing it. I can't wait for the marketing presentations to begin over new ST's for 2015/16, now that will be comical !

LB87ccfc

His comments do not suprise me considering HE is the one who does the wheeling and dealing at the club NOT pressley..... fucking wanker.

Hobo

Does he mean we've got a better squad and thus are underachieving to a greater extent now than we were?

what he means today will not be what he says tomorrow and what you heard today will not be what you hear tomorrow, and someone else somewhere will have got it wrong, however we are building for a more sustainable future and you need to realise you are just a paying fan who doesn't really understand football and its complexities. We can't really progress until we have our own stadium and the revenue streams that go with it.

torchomatic

stupot07

Is it really that much stronger?

Martin and nouble and Pennington were already here. So the only difference

Jones for Allsop
Samuel for madine
Odelusi for swanson
Williams for mcqoid
turgott for daniels

They may bring something different, but I haven't yet seen enough from them to say they are overall a massive improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

James Smith

Well we're cementing our position at the bottom end of the table :(. Maybe he meant that.

covcity4life

And do you prefer the current position that we are in with this current squad???

that does not make any sense.

the pre january squad had august-jan

you are judging post jan squad in the 2nd week of feb.

surerly more blame would be on pre feb squad for our current position?

The Gentleman

that does not make any sense.

the pre january squad had august-jan

you are judging post jan squad in the 2nd week of feb.

surerly more blame would be on pre feb squad for our current position?

Neither do you. As Stupot says above, what have you seen to suggest the team is stronger now than it was before January?

covcity4life

Neither do you. As Stupot says above, what have you seen to suggest the team is stronger now than it was before January?

Jones looks better than Allsop
Samuel is has pace unlike that overated lump madine
Odelusi already done more than swanson ever did
Williams highly rated by everyone but can agree jurys out on this one comapred to mcqoid
turgott for daniels-LMAO. i am better thah daniels. hell jordan clarke may have been better than daniels. turgott has pace and impressing already for u21's. hell play a part this season.

stupot07

Jones looks better than Allsop
Samuel is has pace unlike that overated lump madine
Odelusi already done more than swanson ever did
Williams highly rated by everyone but can agree jurys out on this one comapred to mcqoid
turgott for daniels-LMAO. i am better thah daniels. hell jordan clarke may have been better than daniels. turgott has pace and impressing already for u21's. hell play a part this season.

And you have based all that on seeing Samuel, jones and williams play once, and never having seen Odelusi or Turgott play?

Pretty sure Shaun Jeffers was top scorer 2 years running for the U21's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Chipfat

How many games would Tuesdays team win against this team out of ten... Murphy,Christie, Clarke, Seabourne, Macpake, Baker, Moussa, Jennings, Prutton, Wilson and Clarke,, Subs Macsheffrey, Cody Mac, Elliot, Cameron and Adams.. These were all players under perm contract at the club,, so out of Tues squad who would get in to this squad....

I would say win 2 out of 10
Perm players that would get in the Squad Haynes and Phillips and Fleck at a push

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

And you have based all that on seeing Samuel, jones and williams play once, and never having seen Odelusi or Turgott play?

Odelusi played vs Rochdale and scored though :eek:

stupot07

How many games would Tuesdays team win against this team out of ten... Murphy,Christie, Clarke, Seabourne, Edge, Baker, Moussa, Jennings, Prutton, Wilson and Clarke,, Subs Macsheffrey, Cody Mac, Elliot, Cameron and Adams.. These were all players under perm contract at the club,, so out of Tues squad who would get in to this squad....

I would say win 2 out of 10
Perm players that would get in the Squad Haynes and Phillips and Fleck at a push

No fleck would definitely be in, he's undroppable in Pressley's eyes.

stupot07

Odelusi played vs Rochdale and scored though :eek:

He did, but ccfc4l wasn't there! ;)

I thought he looked lively, then again I thought Samuel was MOTM, but then has been poor in the 2 following games. Any player can have a good game, that's why I need to see some impact/ability over a number of games in order to judge whether they are an improvement or not. I'm saying other than Jones, we haven't seen enough to make that judgement.

And I'm not trying to have a pop at ccfc4l at all.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Pretty sure Shaun Jeffers was top scorer 2 years running for the U21's.

we have only played a handful of games since february began 12 days ago stupot. not sure what you want me to say?

can only go with what i seen and heard. i would be extremly confident in putting turgott infront of swanson simply because swanson did very little. odds are in blairs favour.

also ive seen extended highlights via sky blue player so not a total stab in dark. its a point of debate. noone will know who was right till end of season.

Sutty

He's right - we are better now than a month or so ago.

But that is a bit like saying the dehydrated, limping marathon runner with 2 badly twisted ankles is stronger after you chuck him a bottle of water half way round.

The Lurker

He's right - we are better now than a month or so ago.

But that is a bit like saying the dehydrated, limping marathon runner with 2 badly twisted ankles is stronger after you chuck him a bottle of water half way round.

Full of loans? For me is not better. If we carry on the slide will the loans be up for the fight? No. I don't like the fact we have so many loans in a relegation scrap

Users who are viewing this thread