Viveash (2 Viewers)

SBT

Very long, but pretty interesting interview with Adi Viveash in the CT. Really interesting to hear him talk about how much work it took to bring some players up to the required level, which players he thought developed the most and how reluctant he was to take the job long-term. Multiple mentions of Duckens Nazon! More interviews to come this week apparently too.

Hobo

In part two he kills the idea that some of our fans have, that he will eventually replace Mark Robins as manager.

No, he is one of those people who knows he is a coach. That is the role he does, the role he enjoys, the role he wants. He does not want to be a football manager. Being a football manager is a very different role to being a coach.

SkyBlueSoul

Good article, shame it is borderline unreadable on that shocking CT site

Not sure if it’s only an iphone thing but if you open it in the reader it takes the adverts away and is 100000% better

4c17c358f257c5470c960b41faf24f52.jpg

ebbe32a928d3f58c0ae58ca3ceb942bd.jpg

SBT

The second part of the interview is really revealing about this season and next:

- Confirms we recruited our players to play with 3ATB, but also says moving to a back four was inevitable
- Says wide players will be our key transfer target in the summer, and seems to suggest they want to move Haji Wright to a central position long-term
- Very complimentary of Latibeaudiere and the importance of utility players
- Namechecks Russell Martin and Maresca (!) as good coaches in the Championship

hill83

Not sure if it’s only an iphone thing but if you open it in the reader it takes the adverts away and is 100000% better

Even doing that it crashes and reloads. Happened about 5 times in total reading it. And no joke, my phone is blazing hot now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In part two he kills the idea that some of our fans have, that he will eventually replace Mark Robins as manager.

No, he is one of those people who knows he is a coach. That is the role he does, the role he enjoys, the role he wants. He does not want to be a football manager. Being a football manager is a very different role to being a coach.
And that's why it's so important to keep him along with Robins. They re a brilliant team and that each knows their best role in it only benefits us.

fernandopartridge

The second part of the interview is really revealing about this season and next:

- Confirms we recruited our players to play with 3ATB, but also says moving to a back four was inevitable
- Says wide players will be our key transfer target in the summer, and seems to suggest they want to move Haji Wright to a central position long-term
As I've said before they are recruited because they are capable of playing in different systems. It's the capability of the player that is signed not the very specific role he's played.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Darth Robins

Reader mode is a browser thing, it should be on most things by now. It'll even let you bypass paywalls sometimes too, I know it does for The Athletic.

covcity4life

Oh no he loves "Enzo" 🤣

SleepyGinger

Interesting comments on Haji, seems like the long term plan is still for him to play down the middle.

“I’m a little bit like we need to do it in a slightly different way. So the fact of getting your two top strikers in Ellis (Simms) and Haji (Wright) on the pitch, you have to find a different way. But that’s not about systems, it’s about how do you get the best out of Haji. Well, you want to give him a bit of freedom on the left but you want him arriving in the middle because he’s a good finisher and a really good header of the ball. If he’s wide he’s never going to evolve into what you want him to look like.”

Hobo

As I've said before they are recruited because they are capable of playing in different systems. It's the capability of the player that is signed not the very specific role he's played.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, and he say's it takes time for players to understand things, some longer than others. Fans tend to be impatient about development.

shmmeee

Just to add. If you’re on iPhone you can set intro automatically use reader mode every time you visit a certain site. Click the Aa button then Website Settings when you’re on the telegraph site. Then turn on Use Reader Automatically.

Offhegoes

Have watched his previous 2 long interviews on YouTube. Really impressed. You can see why players react to him, has a real presence and charisma about him. Some of the football we've played over the last few years at times has been electrifying. When we have had to change our approach like the 2nd half of last season, he has managed to get that right too. If you want to know why we have been over achieving based on our budget, a big part of that is the coaching of Viveash IMO.

SBT

Have watched his previous 2 long interviews on YouTube. Really impressed. You can see why players react to him, has a real presence and charisma about him. Some of the football we've played over the last few years at times has been electrifying. When we have had to change our approach like the 2nd half of last season, he has managed to get that right too. If you want to know why we have been over achieving based on our budget, a big part of that is the coaching of Viveash IMO.
The stuff he mentions in part one of the interview about how he talks to players about their personal well-being and how he’s opened up to them about his own experiences suggest he’s something of a mentor to our younger players as well. He seems to have a genuine passion for developing players first and foremost, and we as fans have enjoyed the results.

AJB1983

Aside from the coaching, my mate, my daughter and i used to sit near the home dugout and it was always pure entertainment when he’d be having words/arguments with the opposition dugout.
Brilliant stuff.

blunted

AV is a massive part of our success and I am not so sure we would have done so well without him. Would love to know why Chelsea got rid, if they did. Probably new regime with a shit agenda.
USA blokes said how better Hadji Wright was than at previous World Cup.
Can't think of many players he hasn't improved.

Users who are viewing this thread