Villa away... (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

£5 a ticket on a Friday night. Most people under 30s will never have been. Could take a few thousand surely?

rob9872

A weekend in Brum with Blues away following day 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

blunted

Singing the song in the Birmingham Senior Cup and then with the Blues (Zulus which does have an historical precedent parp). And we are the Rude Boys according to This Town.

messiahrobins

One of the worse away day experiences year after year for me. For a club who apparently never cared about us, the hostility displayed by their fans towards us which was almost bullying level was abhorrent. They clearly had an inferiority complex due to us being in the top flight longer at the time and more recent Major trophy winners. No other fanbase has been that toxic towards us really over a sustained period.

Travs

Yeah I expect they were gutted they only won the European Cup in 1982 compared to our single fa cup win.

edgy

Apparently Villa TV shows live u21 home matches. Wonder if we can watch this somehow?

rob9872

Assume this is pay on the gate?

pusbccfc

Why would anyone under 30 care? As you say, most would have never seen us play them, Villa couldn't care about us, we've been leagues apart for much of that time. Who cares?

I personally quite like Villa and would love to see them break into the top 4/6. Would prefer seeing them win the league than Man City/Liverpool etc. It's about time we knocked this tinpot one-sided "rivalry" on the head.

Ironic you say that because I was listening to Talk Sport yesterday when they had Birmingham and Villa fans on. Is there a more one sided rivalry in England than that?

Travs

It is yeah, my Villa fan mate reckons we’ve sold about 500! Thats some going for the Birmingham Senior Cup!

I went to a Senior Cup game at Nuneaton Boro away in the 00's (can't remember exact year but it was at the old Manor Park boro ground).

A grand total of 4 city fans...

Sick Boy

One of the worse away day experiences year after year for me. For a club who apparently never cared about us, the hostility displayed by their fans towards us which was almost bullying level was abhorrent. They clearly had an inferiority complex due to us being in the top flight longer at the time and more recent Major trophy winners. No other fanbase has been that toxic towards us really over a sustained period.
I remember us giving as good as we got when they came to HR. It was mad there the day they sent us down.

Travs

I struggle to recall any trouble at Highfield Road involving Villa.... but i can't think of a time i went Villa away and there wasn't any trouble.

The relegation game was ridiculous at Sick Boy says. The atmosphere in the Rocket pub and in Cov station on the way out there was crazy.

Legia Sky Blue

I struggle to recall any trouble at Highfield Road involving Villa.... but i can't think of a time i went Villa away and there wasn't any trouble.

The relegation game was ridiculous at Sick Boy says. The atmosphere in the Rocket pub and in Cov station on the way out there was crazy.

The Villa fans I know all felt they were running the gauntlet on their trips to HR, but unless your jouney as a home fan involved being in close proximity to away fans immediately outside the ground, on Gosford Park, or on the way back to the station, you could easily have remained oblivious to it.

torchomatic

1-1. Weird being at Villa Park again. About 40 mins gone.

Tommo1993

Suppose it gives the Aston Villa obsessives a chance to see us play them, that they so desperately crave.

torchomatic

Villa never bothered me. Nor Leicester. We've never had rivals really. Not sure why we think we need one.

rob9872

Does anyone know if Joe McCallum any relation to Sam? Looks decent.

Betjemann looks the pick on ours so far though

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Cov and Leicester should be rivals really.
The cities of Coventry of Leicester have very little to do with each other, very much West and East Midlands in a commuting perspective. Our rivals are Aston Villa and Wolves. I detest Leicester because of their fans going back to 1976, however they are not really rivals.

pusbccfc

The cities of Coventry of Leicester have very little to do with each other, very much West and East Midlands in a commuting perspective. Our rivals are Aston Villa and Wolves. I detest Leicester because of their fans going back to 1976, however they are not really rivals.

But Forest and Derby are rivals. Birmingham and Villa are rivals.

rob9872

Saves me having to get a half n half scarf v Warwick in the final

Users who are viewing this thread