Victor Torp (3 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I reckon it averages at about league 1 level, theres some decent teams. The likes of Bodo and Molde regularly compete against big European teams in Champions League and Europa league. I take the point though that the lower half of the league will be fairly poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the top end is certainly pushing a bit higher than the rest but I would say in general the rest of the Eliteserien is still only around league 2 level on average. I'm really not trying to be a party pooper!

The Allsvenskan is a bit better, but most teams there would still only be on average a league 1 standard. Some lower, Malmö and maybe one or two others slightly higher, with a similar pattern to those you pointed out in Norway.

They are fun leagues, but we need to give this guy a chance. It's going to be a step up, regardless of price tag.

TomRad85

Yeah, the top end is certainly pushing a bit higher than the rest but I would say in general the rest of the Eliteserien is still only around league 2 level on average. I'm really not trying to be a party pooper!

The Allsvenskan is a bit better, but most teams there would still only be on average a league 1 standard. Some lower, Malmö and maybe one or two others slightly higher, with a similar pattern to those you pointed out in Norway.

They are fun leagues, but we need to give this guy a chance. It's going to be a step up, regardless of price tag.
Always thought some leagues would really benefit from a merger. Scandi leagues would be much better for it.
I know they looked into it for Netherlands and Belgium too but it didn't come off. Again I think that would have been great.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CovLad94

Could be an interesting signing, looking forward to seeing the lad develop and fit into our team.

Mucca Mad Boys

Gyokeres came from the Swedish second division. At the time, the scouts/analysts at BHA couldn’t understand why there was seemingly no interest in him before snapping him up.

The bottom end of the Dutch and Belgian leagues must be pretty poor too. Sakamoto was relegated last year (iirc) and Hamer came from Zwolle who were thereabouts the foot of the table.

There seems to be a lot of metrics that favour teams looking to Scandinavia for talent. BHA and Brentford to name a few recent examples.

hill83

I'm not sure he is on this one, he gets down sometimes. We gotta cheer him up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

dr-evil-crying1.gif

torchomatic

Not enough foliage.

Too much foliage. Like those Christmas Specials on tele that were obviously filmed in July.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Gyokeres came from the Swedish second division. At the time, the scouts/analysts at BHA couldn’t understand why there was seemingly no interest in him before snapping him up.

The bottom end of the Dutch and Belgian leagues must be pretty poor too. Sakamoto was relegated last year (iirc) and Hamer came from Zwolle who were thereabouts the foot of the table.

There seems to be a lot of metrics that favour teams looking to Scandinavia for talent. BHA and Brentford to name a few recent examples.

It's a very interesting set of leagues, with a lot of good players hiding in there. As soon as a player stands out they are gone though.

I remember watching Majeed Waris at Häcken around 2012. He was about 21 at the time and scored twenty something goals that season. Was sold for a large sum to Spartak Moscow and has spent the last ten years basically flattering to deceive at a variety of clubs but for the odd season here or there.

Regarding PEC Zwolle in the Netherlands, Kastaneer more or less went the other way when Hamer came here. He played regularly as they got relegated and then saw his game time largely restricted to substitute appearances the following season in the second tier. Funny old game!

shmmeee

Let’s say we’ve got £8-9m left of the Gus money for arguments sake. O’Hare looks like he’ll be off on a free. Vik might stay. £2m on this guy, same again on Binks, an AM, and a wide forward. Or £5m on a CM and £1m on AM/CB/WF who we need in the summer?

hill83

From those YouTube clips as well he’s got a different sort of technique to his shots. Not sure it means anything but I count it as a positive.

Skyblue_LDN

Pretty excited by this one. Signing randomers from abroad that no-one has ever heard of is infinitely more interesting than signing Championship rejects like Todd Kane, Sean Maguire etc. even if they might still turn out to be shit. Been a while since we had a Dane as well.
Has there been anyone recently other than
Pretty excited by this one. Signing randomers from abroad that no-one has ever heard of is infinitely more interesting than signing Championship rejects like Todd Kane, Sean Maguire etc. even if they might still turn out to be shit. Been a while since we had a Dane as well.

Not sure there’s been on since Claus Jorgensen … other than Schmeichel on loan

Martin180

Let’s say we’ve got £8-9m left of the Gus money for arguments sake. O’Hare looks like he’ll be off on a free. Vik might stay. £2m on this guy, same again on Binks, an AM, and a wide forward. Or £5m on a CM and £1m on AM/CB/WF who we need in the summer?
Long term we need another GK

CoventryUSA

Never heard of him!

Mind you, I'd never heard of Haji Wright...... despite me actually watching him on the telly in the WC apparently....

...I did smoke a LOT of weed that world cup to be fair

Heck, even as an American, we hadn't seen too much of Haji. Going to a non-ECL Turkish team will do that to you. He snuck into the UMSNT striker pool extremely late in the cycle based on injury to Daryl Dike and an extreme lack of form for Ricardo Pepi. Even then, there were plenty of us who wanted to see Brandon Vazquez (FC Cincinnati, now Monterrey) given the nod over Haji.

Astute

Got news for you mate. Vik left before the season started.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m glad this guy recognised what we miss without Hamer. It does worry me that on some threads there’s a number of fans who think Sheaf, Allen, Eccles and Lati is enough for our CM options. We need more.

Torp seems like he’d be a good signing and exactly the kind of out of the box thinking we need to punch above our weight.

At £2.1 million, it could be a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread