VAR (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Do you think we should have it on the Championship?

SBT

Only if dodgy Championship refs could somehow undermine its credibility even further by ballsing it up, as they inevitably would

Otis

I like it, or at least I would, if they used it properly. Nothing wrong with the system itself, it's how they use the system that's all wrong.

Micromanaging it within an inch of its life, instead of just concentrating on the fundamentals.

No-one should be offside by a big toe. That's one part of all the nonsense.

The handball law is all wrong too and that doesn't help.

stupot07

Absolutely not, VAR seems to get more decisions wrong as it does right and causes too much controversy.

It was brought in to help with clear and obvious errors and is instead used to rule out goals for offsides which are so tight you could slide a leaf of paper between them. Even then it's impossible to know if that is the right frame or not.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Briles

I'd want it purely for penalty decisions nothing else

mmttww

I like it, or at least I would, if they used it properly. Nothing wrong with the system itself, it's how they use the system that's all wrong.

Micromanaging it within an inch of its life, instead of just concentrating on the fundamentals.

No-one should be offside by a big toe. That's one part of all the nonsense.

The handball law is all wrong too and that doesn't help.

This. Same with every law change in football, it's always the implementation and application that ruins it. Like injuries; supposed to leave the field for treatment. Instead, just to tick the box, players leave just to be waved back on. Joke.

Handball the same. It's so simple. If the ref says they used their arm, foul. If the ref says it hit their arm, it's not. Their decision stands and gets respected. Level of officiating in almost all football games is shocking.

clint van damme

I'm afraid this particular genie is not going back in the bottle and I think its only a matter of time until it extends to the Championship.

Paul Anthony

Yes - imagine the amount of pens vik will get when VAR catches the opposition ragging the shirt off him 4 times a game

Problem is that assumes it would be used correctly and consistently apply the same outcomes. I just don't have the faith that would actually be the case.

At the end of the day the VAR system is only as good as the people who operate it. It might be the best bit of technology in football, but it's still no good if it's being operated by a clown.

fatso

Not for me,
there's nothing worse than celebrating a goal like a teenager loosing his cherry to then have to suddenly stop while play is halted to check and then being so deflated when the goal is disallowed.

rob9872

Not fussed either way but should be a level playing field as in some cup games it's used where available and not others. Massive PL advantage who are used to it by now.

letsallsingtogether

No imagine scoring that goal going ape shit then to have it chalked off.
What an anti Climax not what the game is about.

Hertsccfc

No imagine scoring that goal going ape shit then to have it chalked off.
What an anti Climax not what the game is about.
Imagine having a clearly offside goal given against us and missing out on a play off place as a result. Nothing wrong with the technology it's the way it is implemented.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why on earth weren't Wolves awarded a penalty today against Newcastle? It looked clearcut to me.

Otis

Imagine having a clearly offside goal given against us and missing out on a play off place as a result. Nothing wrong with the technology it's the way it is implemented.
Yup. Exactly.

As you say, how would we all feel if a completely incorrect decision went against us in an ultra crucial game. We would be livid.

They just need to sort out how to use the technology properly. It's being misused at present.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but imagine scoring an offside goal and getting promoted.

letsallsingtogether

Yup. Exactly.

As you say, how would we all feel if a completely incorrect decision went against us in an ultra crucial game. We would be livid.

They just need to sort out how to use the technology properly. It's being misused at present.
They have had plenty of time how long does it take ffs, the rules changing every minute doesnt help, we have arguments on here most weeks about what is handball and what isn't does anyone actually know for sure even commentators can't agree.

Users who are viewing this thread