US bombing in Syria (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Only going to increase tensions between US and Russia?

Weren't people saying the US should take action against Assad not long ago?

covcity4life

I thought people wanted action against Assad though?

Aren't the people of Syria being attacked by Assad and ISIS?

i dont have a clue whats going on mate. i wouldnt be surprised if their is foul play going on from russia and usa. all i know is its a shame innocentrs dying at the hands of both sides.

ccfc92

i dont have a clue whats going on mate. i wouldnt be surprised if their is foul play going on from russia and usa. all i know is its a shame innocentrs dying at the hands of both sides.

Agreed.

Though, to be fair, this was a direct attack on a military base. Not that it makes it better for the civilians killed.

covcity4life

you ever seen newsroom? they talked about saren gas use on that, horrible to see it in real life. disgusting

agree on military base point

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't understand what Trump is playing at. This was seemingly done after no investigation whatsoever. If it was Assad that launched the gas attack, why? He's winning the civil war and a massive super power has decided to give him their support. It doesn't make any sense for him to launch a chemical attack and kill scores of children. So was it him, or was it made to look like it was him? If it was 100% Assad that launched the chemical attack, I can't say destroying the air base the attacks came from is a bad thing, but do they have extra Intel and are therefore sure on this?

Trump said many times he wanted to stay out of Syria (however he has failed to drain the swamp of the globalist advisers, so I don't know if this has come into it). One thing is for sure though, everyone winging about Trump being Putin's puppet are clearly mistaken. This is next level fucked up.

It's hard to form a reasonable opinion on this because the information is so flaky at this time and everyone is blaming each other.

clint van damme

In a nutshell as i see it - the west is caught up in a proxy war between sunni and shia muslims instigated by Saudi Arabia but Israel is happy to let it happen because one of the shia states they want them to go to war with is their enemy Iran although Obama fucked that one up for them.
This all started years ago when the States gave Saudi a green light to spread Wahhabism in return for keeping the oil flowing.

Syria is just the latest battle ground and as usual it's a fucking car crash and as usual the normal man on the street is the biggest loser while cunts like assad, trump , putin and al baghdadi have a pissing contest.

Captain Dart

I thought people wanted action against Assad though?

Aren't the people of Syria being attacked by Assad and ISIS?

Topple him and a more religious regime gets in, no thanks Dictators like Sadaam, Assad & Gadaffi kept/keep that stuff suppressed.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

From what I can see, either:

1) The Chemical attack was real and Trump just delivered repercussions for breaking international laws.

Or

2) It was fake (not done by Assad at least) and the White Helmets/rebels/Isis tricked the US into attacking another nation.

Or

3) The USA orchestrated it to give them an excuse to attack Syria.

Or

4) The Syrian Airforce bombed a terrorist chemical manufacturing plant and their human shields got caught up in the release of chemicals.

The Syrian state and Russia are saying number 4 from what I can see, The USA are saying number 1. Personally, I don't have a clue, but I still cannot understand why Assad would do this. Syrian state media are also saying civilian children were killed in the USA airstrike on the airbase. Personally I think that's bullshit. How many airbases employ children? Standard propaganda.

This is really fucked up.

ccfc92

From what I can see, either:

1) The Chemical attack was real and Trump just delivered repercussions for breaking international laws.

Or

2) It was fake (not done by Assad at least) and the White Helmets/rebels/Isis tricked the US into attacking another nation.

Or

3) The USA orchestrated it to give them an excuse to attack Syria.

Or

4) The Syrian Airforce bombed a terrorist chemical manufacturing plant and their human shields got caught up in the release of chemicals.

The Syrian state and Russia are saying number 4 from what I can see, The USA are saying number 1. Personally, I don't have a clue, but I still cannot understand why Assad would do this. Syrian state media are also saying civilian children were killed in the USA airstrike on the airbase. Personally I think that's bullshit. How many airbases employ children? Standard propaganda.

This is really fucked up.

1 or 4 imo. The way the gas attack has been covered in the media, I can't imagine it being fake or staged by the USA.

Captain Dart

All we know for sure is someone is lying, quite possibly everyone is lying.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

1 or 4 imo. The way the gas attack has been covered in the media, I can't imagine it being fake or staged by the USA.

I agree.

Sorry, should have cleared up my previous post. When I say 'fake', I mean faked to make it look like it was him, rather than it actually not happening at all.

eastwoodsdustman

The whole thing is a real mess. They have to defeat ISIS first and foremost and then look at Assad if they want him out of power. If they take/took him too early then ISIS could have got a strong foothold in the country. After they've sorted Syria there will be the Kurds kicking off for independance. They've been fighting ISIS in the hope that that they get their own country too (turkey dont want this) so it's going to rumble on for years to come. Meanwhile the main cause of it all is thinking of standing again on an anti Brexit campaign.

clint van damme

The whole thing is a real mess. They have to defeat ISIS first and foremost and then look at Assad if they want him out of power. If they take/took him too early then ISIS could have got a strong foothold in the country. After they've sorted Syria there will be the Kurds kicking off for independance. They've been fighting ISIS in the hope that that they get their own country too (turkey dont want this) so it's going to rumble on for years to come. Meanwhile the main cause of it all is thinking of standing again on an anti Brexit campaign.

i assume you're referring to blair? It started long before him mate, he, and his mate bush, just threw petrol and a few gas canisters onto the fire.

eastwoodsdustman

i assume you're referring to blair? It started long before him mate, he, and his mate bush, just threw petrol and a few gas canisters onto the fire.

I disagree,Bush snr went in for the first Iraq war and it seemed to put Saddam back in his box so to speak. Bush Jr and Blair then went in all guns blazing, upset the status quo and we are still dealing with it 20 years later both in the middle east and at home. Assad, Saddam and Gaddafi were in power and kept a lid on everything with their own brand of tyrrany, but, whist they did this there were less people dying. All hell has been breaking loose for the last 2 decades with no real end in sight.

clint van damme

I disagree,Bush snr went in for the first Iraq war and it seemed to put Saddam back in his box so to speak. Bush Jr and Blair then went in all guns blazing, upset the status quo and we are still dealing with it 20 years later both in the middle east and at home. Assad, Saddam and Gaddafi were in power and kept a lid on everything with their own brand of tyrrany, but, whist they did this there were less people dying. All hell has been breaking loose for the last 2 decades with no real end in sight.

you're talking mainly about Iraq but the whole sunni/shia thing has been bubbling under for ages.
The Saudis have been spoiling for these conflicts for years.
It's seem unpalatable to say that perhaps we would be better off with the likes of Saddam Hussein and Gadaffi in power but you may have a point. Things certainly weren't as unstable as they are now.

eastwoodsdustman

As soon as Saddam went, the whole area exploded. Like you say It's been bubbling for decades but the tyrants kept it in check. Sadly the conflicts over the last 20 years have proven that they should have remained in power despite how evil they were and still are.

ccfc92

As soon as Saddam went, the whole area exploded. Like you say It's been bubbling for decades but the tyrants kept it in check. Sadly the conflicts over the last 20 years have proven that they should have remained in power despite how evil they were and still are.

No win situation really isn't it. Remove a tyrant, thousands of innocent people get killed. Keep the tyrant in power, thousands of people get killed by said tyrant.

vow

Unfortunately I saw the video on facebook. It started playing with out me clicking play, and it's a horrific video to see people suffering and dying in that gas attack :(
Hate that shit, where video's play automatically, sounds/looks horrific, I've not seen it myself and don't want to either as I dislike having them sorts of images floating around my head :bored:

Liquid Gold

I do think that the permanent solution will be separate Sunni, Shia and Kurdish states in the Middle East.

ccfc92

Hate that shit, where video's play automatically, sounds/looks horrific, I've not seen it myself and don't want to either as I dislike having them sorts of images floating around my head :bored:

Luckily the sound was off.

As much as it's horrible to see, in some ways I think it's important to see it, so people learn from what is happening and it doesn't keep happening.

I hope that makes sense.

ccfc92

So if Russia attacked an RAF base in Britain, they only attacked a military base, not "Britain"?

I don't mean that at all.

Trump is saying in them tweets, don't attack Syria in general. Bombing of "targets" has been going on for ages by the US on Syria before Trump was president.

Today was a military base, not a civilian area of a town or something like that. I hope this comes across correctly. I'm not condoning the missile attack, but at least it was a military base that potentially murdered innocent civilians, not innocent civilians sitting down having their breakfast.

ccfc92

It wasn't a bombing, it was 59 cruise missiles. And they deserved what they got.

Sorry, was a poor title.

You're correct, bombing suggests random attacking. Something I don't believe is happening in Syria by the US/UK etc.

Users who are viewing this thread