Turkish super cup in Saudi (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Why the hell did the Turkish authorities agree to this? (Obviously we all know), what a balls up

TomRad85

Why the hell did the Turkish authorities agree to this? (Obviously we all know), what a balls up

Completely ridiculous. Fair play to the teams for fucking off back to Turkey.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

SkyBlueSoul

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a big PL game being played over there soon.

Yep and our teams will let the Saudis have it completely on their terms as long as the money is right I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Didn't they try that about 15 years ago with a "39th game" concept? Extra round of games played in places such as Saudi Arabia in the same way the NFL has a game in London every now and then. Got shot down at the time as pie in the sky nonsense but I agree it's definitely heading that way atm.

AOM

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a big PL game being played over there soon.

Yep, or a cup final. The Spanish and Italian leagues already host one of their cup finals over there. Just proves it's not about the local fans whatsoever

hamertime

The Saudi league will never take off as there isn’t the fan base for it. Financial fair play doesn’t apply to them so they would never be able to have a team in the champions league as all the other clubs have to abide by it. They might have a showpiece event every now and then but that’s as far as it will even go. Crowds of 100 in some games lol.

SkyBlueSoul

Clash of cultures before one of the Spanish Super Cup games last night. A minute's silence was held for Beckenbauer but was booed and whistled through because it's not in Saudi culture to observe one for any incidents or deaths.

Users who are viewing this thread