Trust, Young Fans Good idea (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

I've asked you several times to explain your initial statement as to why it would be wrong and erm you seem to be struggling for an answer.

I'm not struggling for an answer. "Wrong" is not a universally accepted thing - it's personal. But for me it is most certainly wrong to attend Sixfields.

According to my personal moral code it is wrong to do things that are mean and unpleasant for other people. It is wrong to be selfish and to do things purely for my own benefit irrespective of how it impacts other people.
Extending this, it is also wrong to support people who behave in this way.

I have looked at SISU's behaviour and reached the conclusion that the most logical explanation for their behaviour is that they are deliberately trying to bankrupt ACL so that they can pick up the Ricoh for a song. That is wrong. So it would be wrong for me to support them financially. I'll not give them a single penny.

For the same reasons I refused to attend whilst Marlon King was playing. I'll not put a penny in his pocket either.

You do what you want - you follow your own morals. But I think it is wrong.

NortonSkyBlue

Well done to the trust, a great initiative, keep a flame flickering and well done to POSH too, excellent of them to cooperate.

On Grendel's point that many parents are not keen on taking them to away games, i agree, that's why they should never go to Sixfields.
On the morality position, denying a charity of its contracted money or King,.. mmm... both despicable, both self serving, both immoral.
Taking the football club away from its home town? just a business decision.......damn the consequences, fans are collateral damage. Yes I know where I stand on the subject. Fuck this Coventry City FC, may they suffer death by a thousand cuts whilst these charlatans are in charge.
My Coventry City will return one day and I will be able to say I was on the right side.

skybluetony176

Unsavoury? Why is it unsavoury?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think he means that it's unsavoury that there is no atmosphere. Unless off course you can't hear the whistles in the ground and some sixfielders have concocted that story to throw scorn on the hilliers?

lordsummerisle

I think he means that it's unsavoury that there is no atmosphere. Unless off course you can't hear the whistles in the ground and some sixfielders have concocted that story to throw scorn on the hilliers?

The "hillers" proudly going on about them doing it.

Have you learned nothing from Dongles epic fail the other night?

covmark

Oh do stop talking out of your arse for a change. The hillers gleefully admit to blowing the whistles.

Nick

Administrator
So you admit that there is no atmosphere in sixfields that can stir the passion of the next generation and keep them interested in watching CCFC. The Trust have it right then by taking them to away games.

Never once said there is a good atmosphere, can you answer my question now

skybluetony176

Oh do stop talking out of your arse for a change. The hillers gleefully admit to blowing the whistles.

I never said they didn't. I'm saying it proves that the Trust have it right by not taking them to a souless ground where you can here the noise outside over the "noise" inside.

thaiskyblue

I went to a world cup qualifier, Gambia v Algeria, full house in Banjul, i must have been the only person who didn't have a whistle.

skybluetony176

So what ??
Get a fucking grip people its just whistles.
In South America thousands of fans blow whistles during games !!!

I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's jealousy. A hand full of men on the hill can make the carnival atmosphere that those inside can't. Still that's the price you pay for rent a crowd.

Sky Blue Kid

Grenduffy....[ Quote ] It gets an interest going in the club. Many parents are not keen on taking young children to away games. /Unquote ]...... So what do you call travelling a 70 miles round trip to a "Home game?"

ccfc92

Grenduffy....[ Quote ] It gets an interest going in the club. Many parents are not keen on taking young children to away games. /Unquote ]...... So what do you call travelling a 70 miles round trip to a "Home game?"

I agree. But I think he meant the hostile and dangers of being at away grounds

Sky Blue Kid

@ ccfc92.................The problem is mate, a few games have already had opposition crowds bigger than CCFC crowds, so isn't this the same environment?

dongonzalos

It did indeed bite me on the ass.

Still not happy with Mr Strange's rant bar the whistles bit.

Wish he showed so much passion getting the answers we deserve as oppose to attacking fellow supporters

torchomatic

We had a thread a while back where lots of people were talking about the first City game they went to (or for our older posters, could remember ;)). I couldn't see anybody talking half as fondly about their first game at Sixfields, a ground where one or two stands are empty and the 'hillers' make more noise than the crowd.

Oh dear I see you're being sucked in now.

I can only comment on my own son but he is the same at Sixfields as he was at the ricoh. He loves the football and the team and loves every minute of every game regardless of the result. I know there's many such as yourself who belittle supporters at Sixfields but it keeps my son's passion for Coventry City alive so when we do eventually return he will still attend.

Sky Blue Pete

How's the when looking torch? How long will you attend northsmpton? No animosity absolutely your choice just interested as that was the cut off point for me. 3 of us be straight back if we play home games in Coventry

torchomatic

How's the when looking torch? How long will you attend northsmpton? No animosity absolutely your choice just interested as that was the cut off point for me. 3 of us be straight back if we play home games in Coventry

For as long as it takes Pete. But if my lad suddenly said he didn't support city any longer then I wouldn't go.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can only comment on my own son but he is the same at Sixfields as he was at the ricoh. He loves the football and the team and loves every minute of every game regardless of the result. I know there's many such as yourself who belittle supporters at Sixfields but it keeps my son's passion for Coventry City alive so when we do eventually return he will still attend.

I'm not belittling anybody. My point was that following the City away was likely to be more enjoyable than watching them in Northampton. If I didn't live so far away I wouldn't object to going to Sixfields once so I could back up what I'm saying better.

Empty stands, tiny crowds, no atmosphere are three ingredients you don't find on the road, though.

Sky Blue Pete

For as long as it takes Pete. But if my lad suddenly said he didn't support city any longer then I wouldn't go.

Really?
So next season - yes?
3rd season - yes?
5th season - yes?
New stadium not in Coventry?
New name in different part of country?
Is there no cut off point?
I'm almost in admiration.

mrtrench

Really?
So next season - yes?
3rd season - yes?
5th season - yes?

I wonder how many ex-W'don fans still travel to Milton Keynes every home game.

torchomatic

Really?
So next season - yes?
3rd season - yes?
5th season - yes?

New name in different part of country? Where did you get that nonsense from?

As long as it takes. As for a stadium not in cov I travel anywsy alwsys have so if it was like where the ricoh was thdn I would still go. Why would I not?

torchomatic

I wonder how many ex-W'don fans still travel to Milton Keynes every home game.

About 7000 city fans did.

stupot07

must have missed the renaming of CCFC to MK Dons? :facepalm:

To be fair up until the point before we played MK dons there was a lot posters calling us covhampton franchise and stating they wouldn't go to Northampton to support a 'franchise' team, and were worried that we were/are going to be refranchised, yet still went and gave their hard earned cash to a 'franchise' team.

I know one of two on here and subsequently said that in hindsight they wished they hadn't of gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

skybluetony176

To be fair up until the point before we played MK dons there was a lot posters calling us covhampton franchise and stating they wouldn't go to Northampton to support a 'franchise' team, and were worried that we were/are going to be refranchised, yet still went and gave their hard earned cash to a 'franchise' team.

I know one of two on here and subsequently said that in hindsight they wished they hadn't of gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I still don't see what the issue was with some regarding this.

MK is done and dusted. Boycotting MK is not going to change a thing. Our story is still being written, so boycotting sixfields can have an effect. If the least that happens is that the next time some faceless non football fan owners want to move a club from its home (for F & B, sorry rent too high, sorry lease hold, sorry free hold, sorry unnumbered free hold or whatever this weeks excuse is) the FL and FA don't allow it to happen because they don't want another sixfields situation then the boycott has been positive.

Astute

Ah and hasn't your attitude changed? It wasn't too long ago that you insisted that you didn't judge what fans chose to do. Couldn't resist joining The Pack eh?

Trying to twist my words again? Or just trying to take a thread off track as usual.

I have always said the same. I won't go. But although I don't think that we should go I never tell people not to go. But this don't seem to sit well with people that do go. They don't seem to be happy with people that won't go and tell them that they should go whilst having a go at them for not going. But are very unhappy when someone says that they shouldn't go. Even if they don't tell them not to go.

Total double standards.

Astute

Do you constantly have a go at your dad for not going like you do us on here? Or is he right not to go but we are wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread