Trevor Francis (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Shock 😧 rip

skybluesam66

very sad, we so very nearly signed him - amazing to think we could have had the transfer record - imagine that today !!

The Philosopher

Always think of him when watching reruns of Only Fools and Horses

“…Trevor Francis track suits from a mush in Shepherds Bush….”

So nearly a sky blue apparently.

Will be missed.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Exceptional talent made his Birmingham debut at 16 and kept his place.

For those who have not seen Trevor Francis play, watch BBC Midlands today and Central News tonight.

Will probably show highlights of his playing days at Birmingham.

NortonSkyBlue

RIP. Very good player who was blighted by injuries. The greatest Birmingham City player according to their fans. Latchford, Hatton and Francis with Kendall behind was a formidable combination during that period. I remember him scoring 4 goals as a 16 year old.

Johhny Blue

RIP. Very good player who was blighted by injuries. The greatest Birmingham City player according to their fans. Latchford, Hatton and Francis with Kendall behind was a formidable combination during that period. I remember him scoring 4 goals as a 16 year old.
I scored way more than 4 when I was 16

Legia Sky Blue

A really top player, and always came across as a nice guy. Often wonder how our fortunes might have worked out if we had signed him instead of Forest.

Bennettbarnet

For those who have not seen Trevor Francis play, watch BBC Midlands today and Central News tonight.

Will probably show highlights of his playing days at Birmingham.
There's this thing called YouTube now that all the kids are watching. Could be on there as well maybe.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

Great clip here about his transfer options. Annoyingly it repeats this first part of the report twice, but it shows just how different football was in those days.

Offhegoes

I remember when he was Sheff Weds manager and I think they lost a Quarter final cup game at Hiillsborough, and as he was going round consoling the players he broke down whilst talking to one player. You don’t see that level of emotion from managers very often.

procdoc

Before my time so never saw him play but by all accounts was a lovely man. For those of you that remember, how close was Francis to joining us?

long way home

Now Chris Bart Williams died earlier today sudden heart attack 49 years old... Both Forest and Sheff wed.... Both supposed to be very good people as well as players.. Shame

Irish Sky Blue

Tommy Hutchison played with Trevor at Man City in the early 80s. He told me that Francis was perhaps the best player he ever played with. (some praise considering the calibre of his team mates, Dalglish and Law to name but two). He saw passes and moves that no one else saw were on. Tommy felt his brain worked faster that his body was able to cope with and that this was the reason for some of his injuries.

fatso

Chris Bart-Williams has just passed away as well, aged 49, thought to be due to a heart attack according to a Forest fan. Another decent player gone too soon. R.I.P.

Not a good week for Forest.

Users who are viewing this thread