Travel (1 Viewer)

steveo1987

Anyone seen the Chiltern trains message, all trains sold out? Odd as I can't see how they can stop people getting on at Bicester for example where I'm getting on

torchomatic

Yes, bit odd. If you've already bought tickets you can travel, we bought ours evening of the Middlesbrough game.

They've upset a few on Twitter by suggesting if you're not going to Wembley then don't travel.

steveo1987

I'm pretty sure I will get on it as I cannot see them stopping people getting on a London bound train. Had no issues for Cov playoffs and checkatrade and Euro games last year.

SkyBlueMatt

"Return services will be particularly hit with capacity at 50% of the number of tickets sold, leaving thousands of Coventry fans stranded in London."

Take your tents lads.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

They're probably being over dramatic but if they're not. I hope Cov win for their sake, it'll be carnage otherwise.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

torchomatic

torchomatic

Major Tom

Travelling with kids can’t afford to take the risk .. getting back from a Wembley was not great when at that playoffs and checkatrade .. now going to have to drive

theferret

Been at Cov station for 20 mins or so. Quite a few milling about, plenty on the ale already. Pretty relaxed though. Straight through to platform. 7.10 looks like it will be fairly busy but not rammed.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Word of warning for those planning on traveling on Chiltern trains, looks like they've taken ticket sales offline now as won't let me buy a ticket from Banbury. Will have to go via Oxford now. Safe journeys everyone!

better days

Travelling with kids can’t afford to take the risk .. getting back from a Wembley was not great when at that playoffs and checkatrade .. now going to have to drive
Drive to Stanmore Station and get the Jubilee Line. It's usually easy to park there and its only a short hop on the train to Wembley

Frank Sidebottom

Been at Cov station for 20 mins or so. Quite a few milling about, plenty on the ale already. Pretty relaxed though. Straight through to platform. 7.10 looks like it will be fairly busy but not rammed.
It wasn't too bad at Cov Station for the LG2 playoff..... just the checkatrade that was carnage.

EalingSB

Another option is to drive to somewhere like Beaconsfield - easy run down the M40 and then it’s 20 minutes on the train. Safe journey.

Major Tom

Drive to Stanmore Station and get the Jubilee Line. It's usually easy to park there and its only a short hop on the train to Wembley
Yes thought about that .. Booked fryent park as per advice and walk from there, hopefully ok fingers crossed
Massive cock up by Chiltern they used to be reliable but have gone down hill and are as bad as the rest now ☹️

BananaFlats

Balls! Bought our Chiltern train tickets last weekend but really not sure what to do now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major Tom

Balls! Bought our Chiltern train tickets last weekend but really not sure what to do now!

I think getting back will be the issue, its not great when they are running properly with massive queues and packed trains from Wembley.. Depends on the risk you want to take we are with kids so now driving

torchomatic

I think getting back will be the issue, its not great when they are running properly with massive queues and packed trains from Wembley.. Depends on the risk you want to take we are with kids so now driving

Yeah, chaos. We have just booked Wembley Pk Premier Inn. Will come back tomorrow. They have already said tickets will be valid.

pusbccfc

Chiltern regularly tweet stuff like this. Was the same during the strikes.

You'll get on fine

clint van damme

Given your username if you're in tile Hill why not pop your head in the Prince and see if there's any space on their buses.
They were sold out but they might have had a cancellation.

clint van damme

So they have sold shit loads more tickets than they have space on trains?

Scandalous. I envisaged these sort of problems which is why I'm going g by coach but I thought it would be the West Coast mainline where issues were not Chiltern.
Re: your other post, 10 cancellation fee, someone should be jailed if they don't waiver that for people cancelling.

Brighton Sky Blue

Scandalous. I envisaged these sort of problems which is why I'm going g by coach but I thought it would be the West Coast mainline where issues were not Chiltern.
Re: your other post, 10 cancellation fee, someone should be jailed if they don't waiver that for people cancelling.

Indeed. We paid £108 but getting back 99. Will probably be a melted Mr Whippy that comes in the post

Users who are viewing this thread