Transfer Shouts (13 Viewers)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Sisu could afford it, they are an investment firm. As an example Forest utilised the loan market in January and ended up getting promoted.
We were a couple of decent loan signings in positions we were short of players away from being a playoff team, again in my opinion. It wouldn’t have broke the bank bringing in a couple on loan anyway

Not sure Forest are the best example.

They likely would've paid a hefty loan fee for Davies and brought in Surridge for £2m and Steve Cook who would've been on fairly signiciant wages at Bournemouth.

djr8369

Sisu could afford it, they are an investment firm.

They can’t afford it and key word there is investment. Chucking a few million into the squad to try and make the playoffs would be a gamble.

Can people just stop with this idea that SISU can just throw a few extra million in hoping we would make the play offs. It’s tiresome, head in the sand nonsense.

procdoc

You wanted to gamble for promotion which wouldn't have happened anyway. Forest are far richer than we are and could afford top end loans. Why waste the loan fees and wages in January on something that wouldn't have happened.
It might not have happened but at that point we weren’t far away. We were in and around the top 6 and. A couple of players may have bolstered our chances. We will never know. I just know lack of ambition when I see it

lordy_87

They can’t afford it and key word there is investment. Chucking a few million into the squad to try and make the playoffs would be a gamble.

Can people just stop with this idea that SISU can just throw a few extra million in hoping we would make the play offs. It’s tiresome, head in the sand nonsense.
Well they are a hedge fund

procdoc

I wasn’t suggesting they should spend millions. However we let Walker out on loan and moved Tavares from the U23s into the squad instead of bringing in a loan striker. Granted we signed Bidwell but a couple of loans could have made all the difference.

procdoc

Not sure Forest are the best example.

They likely would've paid a hefty loan fee for Davies and brought in Surridge for £2m and Steve Cook who would've been on fairly signiciant wages at Bournemouth.
We don’t know what loan fee they paid, Villa deemed him as surplus to requirements so it may have been minimal. A couple of loans could have made the difference, that’s all I’m saying

SlowerThanPlatt

ceetee

A lot of kids stand out in their age groups but are often overtaken as other kids grow beyond them. That's a general comment as I know nothing about this lad, but remember Hyam came in as a development player

Matt smith

A lot of kids stand out in their age groups but are often overtaken as other kids grow beyond them. That's a general comment as I know nothing about this lad, but remember Hyam came in as a development player
Decent signing, reckon he’ll play some part this year

must Be one of the fringe signing

PUSB-We_are_going_up

could potentially offer J.Burroughs a path into the first team, as he will be playing RWB for the 23s, allowing J.Burroughs to be in and around the bench instead of Kane

Terry Gibson's perm

How many right backs do we need we seem to have more than centre backs and we play three of them.

Dabo
Kane
New bloke
Rowe
Burroughs can play there
Eccles can cover

procdoc

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread