Torp or Hamer? (2 Viewers)

Bad Boy

Based on nothing but pure romanticism given that its St. Valentines day and I'm all loved up with Mrs BB I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hamer back playing in sky blue at some point in the future 😍

fernandopartridge

His performance today was probably among the top 3 if not worst individual performances of the season, he was miles off it and even when he took a set piece was terrible. Early days in his career here but no positive signs at all today. Is he physically up to it?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

His performance today was probably among the top 3 if not worst individual performances of the season, he was miles off it and even when he took a set piece was terrible. Early days in his career here but no positive signs at all today. Is he physically up to it?

It looks like he lacks a yard of pace for the necessary recovery runs.

Otis

Which has turned out to be the case on more than one occasion, see what some of us were posting about Simms as exhibit A.
Exactly.

Robins himself alluded to the fact the game was too fast for Torp.

He needs to adjust to English football. I am sure that will come and he will be a very good player for us.

Adge

Exactly.

Robins himself alluded to the fact the game was too fast for Torp.

He needs to adjust to English football. I am sure that will come and he will be a very good player for us.
And I hope that you are correct. It was his time to impress yesterday and unfortunately he fell flat on his face. A full pre-season though will hopefully see him get up to speed.

SkyBlueMatt

Torp will come good. He needs to build stamina and soeed of thought over this summer.

If he isnt performing by mid September time questions will be asked

No doubt, then by the following May those people asking questions will be saying "Happy to be proven wrong" and the circle of life continues.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Torp will prove to be a good the blokes just been through a full season at home and then straight into the Championship for 6 months. After he's had a proper rest and pre season he will be fine.

fernandopartridge

Torp will prove to be a good the blokes just been through a full season at home and then straight into the Championship for 6 months. After he's had a proper rest and pre season he will be fine.
He'd had a rest for a month before he joined, then hasn't really played much in the last few weeks. As a result he just looks off the pace. No doubt he's got some quality but he really needs to be get up a few levels intensity wise, the only way to do that really is by playing.

Mucca Mad Boys

He'd had a rest for a month before he joined, then hasn't really played much in the last few weeks. As a result he just looks off the pace. No doubt he's got some quality but he really needs to be get up a few levels intensity wise, the only way to do that really is by playing.

Agreed. Showed some really good glimpses. He’d just signed at the start of the Norwegian pre-season, Sheaf gets injured so he’s thrust into the team, picks up 1-2 knocks and is out the team for a month.

It’s been a tough start, and with a pre-season with us under his belt you’d hope he can improve and show his quality.

The premise of the thread is quite silly too. Hamer was the best CM in the league last season and probably the best I’ve seen play for us there. It’s a non-starter.

You put Hamer back in this team and we’re comfortably in the playoffs and think we can put that question to bed.

skybluegod

Torp will come good. He needs to build stamina and soeed of thought over this summer.

If he isnt performing by mid September time questions will be asked

I'm not sure even come September questions should be getting asked. Very limited time on the training field for the first few months here. Even with a pre-season it may take a little longer to adjust. Can take some signings from abroad 18 months...

Think you are right that it will come for him though.

harvey098

Am I the only one that thinks Torp has been pretty decent overall? Even some of his little sub cameos he’s done well.

He’ll get longer spells in the team but apart from Blues, where the whole team were off it, I don’t really think he’s done much wrong? In fact, I’d say he’s been good.

Tea & Busquets

Am I the only one that thinks Torp has been pretty decent overall? Even some of his little sub cameos he’s done well.

He’ll get longer spells in the team but apart from Blues, where the whole team were off it, I don’t really think he’s done much wrong? In fact, I’d say he’s been good.
He has been good. Thought this was general consensus?

ProfessorbyGrace

We really need him to score from distance more, IE at least 6 or 7 times, so that the Torp-edo nickname can take off.

Users who are viewing this thread