Torp or Hamer? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

Since Torp signed for us, the man has really impressed me. His movement and foot skills is top notch. Next season I feel he will run riot against the opposition. Really glad we have him in our squad. Gutted they stole that great FA Cup winning goal from him. Pissed off!!

Last edited:

torchomatic

We don't have Hamer. We have Torp. I think he will be a wonderful player for us.

junglej13

Will benefit enormously from a full pre-season. When we signed him Robins said something about him needed to bulk up a little (or something to that effect). They know exactly what to do to bring him on. He will be a huge player next season I suspect.

Alkhen

He'll be huge for us next season. He just needs to adjust to the pace of the Championship. His skill and reading of the game is huge already.

Really impressed by his mentality and technical ability to step up and score a penalty that no keeper in the world would stop... Just moments after being robbed of scoring an all time classic winning goal at Wembley.

Such balls

lordy_87

He is a great passer and looks so composed. Also love seeing him run with the ball to he just seems to glide with it. Plus he can take a set piece and has a rocket of a shot on him.

It is looking like another brilliant piece of scouting and given time I think will be phenomenal.

Otis

Also such a shame that what would have been the best moment of his life has been snatched from him. Imagine going from being an unknown playing in small grounds in Norway to scoring a historic last minute winner against Manchester United in front of 90,000 at wembley. Those few seconds must have felt euphoric.
That's fine. He'll be scoring the winner in the Champions League final in a couple of years time.

SkyBlueSam01

Think a 3 man midfield of Sheaf + Torp + Eccles could be exceptional next year

Sheaf in the holding role with Eccles and Torp more advanced

Torp has the skillset to be like a Championship Lampard and showed on Sunday that he can time a late run into the box

Eccles is great at breaking up the play and I think will continue to progress on the ball

skybluecam

Also such a shame that what would have been the best moment of his life has been snatched from him. Imagine going from being an unknown playing in small grounds in Norway to scoring a historic last minute winner against Manchester United in front of 90,000 at wembley. Those few seconds must have felt euphoric.
Forget his life mate that was the best moment of MY life and it got stolen

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Torp showed he is a top player on Sunday, excited to see what he can do in a 46 game season with a pre season behind him
In the short time he was on the pitch on Sunday I thought that he stood out as a player that could be in that United team .
However , it's very early days and he can't be compared to Hamer until he's played a lot more games.

Sky Blue Harry H

Forgetting ability, it also takes time for a player to feel like they belong within a new group of players. Different characters, some more outgoing than others etc, and when these players feel integrated within the group, it is then they start to shine. That is what seems to be a strength of recent City squads and is what is the complete opposite of what man Utd are experiencing at the moment. They have great individuals, but a lot of them look like strangers with each other, and don't seem integrated in the way that a lot of ours do. That is why I expect the likes of Torp and others to keep improving.

Users who are viewing this thread