Tony Mowbray (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Looks like he might tell it as it is and demand what is necessary to succeed and be prepared to point out if he doesn't have what is required within the squad.

Not sure if that is a formula that will suit our owners

"The best teams for me are the ones with the tightest knit group. The senior players help the younger players in the dressing room; the heartbeat of the football club.

"You have to get players in who are good characters and quality players.

"Not a team full of loan players who are going back to their mother clubs in the summer."

the last few days; how many players have we got for next year.

"I'm trying to put plans together. At the moment we've got 13 but it's not really enough because some of those are young and won't necessarily impact on the team yet.

"So we need to recruit more players in the summer. You have to plan and know where you are going. I have a sheet in my office of what the team might look like next year.

"There's no scouting dossier so I didn't want to gamble with players who have played Under-21 football and not first team football."

This added to spending money on Ryton and that fact he is not impressed that there is no memory of our heritage at Ryton.

I am pretty sure someone felt we lived too much in the past the FA Cup and Jimmy Hill. Hence the lack of memorabilia now

Last edited:

DazzleTommyDazzle

"The best teams for me are the ones with the tightest knit group. The senior players help the younger players in the dressing room; the heartbeat of the football club.

"You have to get players in who are good characters and quality players.

"Not a team full of loan players who are going back to their mother clubs in the summer."

Cue someone mentioning Swindon.....

skybluetony176

I cant help but wonder if signing to the end of the season was TM's idea. Not so much as he's on trial more a case of TF & SW being on trial.

He clearly thinks the club has potential given it's history and potential fan base given the catchment area but maybe he's not so sure on the owners. Or to be more precise, the people that the company who represent the owner have put in charge. Just a theory.

Noggin

Pressley said most of the same stuff regarding loan players though, the fact we have a team full of them is sisu's/waggots doing and nothing to do with the managers.

Last edited:

ccfcway

also reducing the amount of loans was in the 5 point CCFC the way forward promise.

We then went on to sign about 6 more loans

Gazolba

TM's job is to keep us up and sell season tickets for next season, whether he is here or not. My guess is he is hoping to do well enough that he will be lured away by another club. At the end of the season, the relegated Premiership and Championship clubs will all be looking for a new manager.

kg82

Personally, I feel the best way he could sell season tickets is to stay on. Surely the powers that be can also see that? I won't hold my breath!

matesx

TM's job is to keep us up and sell season tickets for next season, whether he is here or not. My guess is he is hoping to do well enough that he will be lured away by another club. At the end of the season, the relegated Premiership and Championship clubs will all be looking for a new manager.

you're a little ray of sunshne aren't you?

Users who are viewing this thread