Tonight's 'new fan' questions and comments! (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Otis; you and Macca are my favourite posters on here (OSB for the informative stuff of course). However ther o/p here makes you sound like a complete tool.

rob9872

Just hope those who are attending for the first time in ages show a bit of patience and understanding and don't come with the blinkered attitude that its "only" Crewe and we must be 3 up within the first ten minutes or they will start grumbling and complaining and worse of all moaning at a misplaced pass or even booing. Crewe are a decent team and there is every chance it will be a very close game and needs everyone, fairweather or long suffering, to get totally behind the boys for the entire 90 mins.

Brilliant! Our Trust leader and wannabe board member enhances the notion of some fans being more equal than others with sweeping generalisations (and btw I'm a s/t holder but can't stand all this hierarchical bullshit) Nice to see that you represent ALL City fans!

eyeseye_us

You've gotta be kidding !
The useless buggers behind the bars are unable to cope when just 5000 people show up.
They'll shit a brick when nearly 30,000 are there! :eek:

i totally agree...they are clueless at the best of time and never seem to have enough of anything to cope with the few that decide to eat or drink. its not like they didnt know this was coming or anything.i just hope they are well stocked and staff up accordingly.

ajsccfc

I don't like when people moan whenever the ball isn't hurried forward in a frenzy and we actually have the temerity to pass it around and keep possession, but this happens at league games also.

Someone coming to their first game of the season has as much chance of knowing their stuff as anyone else, it's not as if watching glorious League One football every week gives regular matchgoers more insight into the beautiful game. (How to overhit a cross though, that we can wax lyrical about)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"Are we playing the diamond formation, or is it the Christmas tree one?" :whistle:

you're an idiot

Brilliant! Our Trust leader and wannabe board member enhances the notion of some fans being more equal than others with sweeping generalisations (and btw I'm a s/t holder but can't stand all this hierarchical bullshit) Nice to see that you represent ALL City fans!

Spot on! Totally representative of how the club is run too. There's clearly a problem when engaging with the community beyond the core support so rather than try and understand why that is and encourage them back let's just dismiss them, mock them and send them packing with their tails between their legs. Then we can get on with moaning how empty matchdays are :jerkit:

theferret

Never understood why some people struggle with the idea that if you put thousands of people in the same place at the same time, you are going to get loads of differing opinions. If people groan at an over hit cross, so what, what difference does it make? Fans have hardly got on the players back all season, I only wish they were a little more vocal at times

Sheffield United were booed off the pitch at half time the other night for the umpteenth time this season. If that happened at the Ricoh, this board would go into meltdown and the hystercial superfans would be out in force. It won't tonight BTW, fans will be right behind them from the off.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
OK. Where do we get these badges?

Feel free to cut out and wear it proudly!

44bmcov3_zps75fd3301.jpg

Covstu

maybe they will say 'why are all these fans growling at me becausre its my first time up here' I wont be coming up again!

Sbarcher

Bovril? - ah that's what it's like.

Otis

Otis; you and Macca are my favourite posters on here (OSB for the informative stuff of course). However ther o/p here makes you sound like a complete tool.

Thanks for the compliment. :) You do realise though I am being very tongue in cheek here.

We need a packed stadium and to get a packed stadium we need new blood and fans returning who haven't been for some time.

Otis

People don't go to games= fans moan.

People DO go to games= fans moan.

YOU CAN'T FUCKING WIN.

Well true, but there are a percentage of fans who up and off at the first sign of failure or lack of good football.

Then, when we are having a bit of success, come back and expect the football to be really good and for us to win easily.

They therefore then get pissed off again really quickly and really easily and can have a lack of patience towards the team.

The end game here is to get to Wembley not turn on a show of great fast flowing football.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well true, but there are a percentage of fans who up and off at the first sign of failure or lack of good football.

Then, when we are having a bit of success, come back and expect the football to be really good and for us to win easily.

They therefore then get pissed off again really quickly and really easily and can have a lack of patience towards the team.

The end game here is to get to Wembley not turn on a show of great fast flowing football.

They'll also no doubt snap up all the tickets for the CL semi at the Nou Camp in 2016.

CV2 4GU

How about

I hope you dont come back, we want to keep the attendances down

Last night Cov had a chance to keep some of these "New Fans" and hopefully the first half performance will encourage them to come back

And if one of them is lucky enough to sit next to you, you can tell him that Marlon has left or even direct them to the nearest toilet.

A great man once said "Football without fans is nothing"

UOTE=Otis;356497]I'd ready and am expecting one or more of the following questions or comments;

1. 'You're in my seat!' (this despite me being an ST holder at the Ricoh since its opening and in this same seat all season long)

2. Is this Block 18/19/20/21 etc. etc.?

3. Is this the Ricoh Arena?

4. Why isn't Marlon King playing?

5. Do they have any toilets here?

6. Are we the ones in blue?

7. Andy Thorn has lost a lot of weight hasn't he!

Any more to add?

Have certainly encountered the first and second ones before (Chelsea) and have seen number one happen on a number of occasions to others too.

Seems some people who have hardly ever been before or even never been before seem to know an awful lot more than you about the stands and blocks and seating and which seat is theirs despite your protestations and reasoning! :whistle:

The other thing that will make me chuckle tonight will be the amount of people who go down to the malls for food or the toilet and they come back up the steps into the stands and completely forget where they were sitting and stand there puzzled for a couple of minutes scratching their heads.

Am also expecting to see me having to get up and down out of my seat several times when people are late, leave early or find they were in the wrong seats/rows.

Really don't understand these people who just sit anywhere either. At the Sheff U JPT game one bloke was sitting in the wrong seat and clearly in the wrong seat. The correct ticket holder came along and this bloke simply would not move. Even when the steward came up to the seat he refused to budge. Took the steward a good little while to get him shifted!

Glad to have new people here, but it does carry some complications with it for sure! ;)[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread