Tom Davies Virus (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It isn't something that takes over your computer and stamps on it. Apparently being tested for Glandular fever.

Fingers crossed it isn't else Hiwula will be covering at centre half.

ConnorDevine

Played 5 a side with a lad who's Glandular Fever turned into Myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome).

Nasty stuff, forgetting the football I hope he makes a full recovery without any complications

Hobo

Hope he gets well soon.

Warwickhunt

new lovers desease it comes from all the tongue sucking etc

Magwitch

new lovers desease it comes from all the tongue sucking etc
Yes also known as the kissing disease. Usually very mild, sore throats basic flu symptoms etc but can be more serious. Davies is a fit guy so even if it was glandualor he should be okay in a week or two.

Nick

Administrator
Really? Glandular fever can keep people out for months.
Yes also known as the kissing disease. Usually very mild, sore throats basic flu symptoms etc but can be more serious. Davies is a fit guy so even if it was glandualor he should be okay in a week or two.

scubasteve

Really? Glandular fever can keep people out for months.

yep. wasn't one of the reasons allassani was out of the game for a while at palace. Also the tennis player heather Watson missed nearly a year with glandular fever.
If it is I would say Davies is probably done for the season.

Magwitch

It can Nick,a mate of mine had a serious bout of it years ago and had to have some sort of incision done in his throat by his GP at home in the days before paramedics and he was bloody ill for ages. But there are milder forms which most cases are.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It can be debilitating to even the most healthy and fit individuals. If anything when it starts showing in those individuals they have a pretty bad case.

Went to school with someone who had ME - practically bedridden for months.

MatthewWallis

I had it when I was younger and couldn’t even get the energy to go to school for 6 weeks, so I can’t even imagine being a professional footballer with it. He will need to build up a lot of fitness when he recovers

shmmeee

I got 0% attendance one term at school because of glandular fever.

Worst thing was I was 12 and never kissed a girl and even the teachers were telling me it was the kissing disease.

pipkin73

I had it when i was younger, was signed of work for 6 weeks but went back after 2 weeks as i needed the money. Never managed to do 1 shift and was off for over 2 months. Still have problems now when i'm run down, doctor said it never leaves you and you are prone to relapses.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's what ended Dougie McGuire's City career before it had even got going, wasn't it?

SkyBlueCRJ

If he's got Glandular fever he might as well be injured. Docs say it could be anything from 3-8 weeks until you're allowed to play sport

Speedies_Chips

If he wasn't a fit guy, then no-one would kiss him.

Users who are viewing this thread