Tod Cantwell (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

Unnamed championship club bid for him just been turned down even though contract runs out end of season… we can’t have bid for him with o’hare out?

Or could we have?

Samo

Would be a marque signing but I can't see it.
Although, MR and AV seem to relish resurrecting careers.

CCFC54321

I wouldn’t dismiss out of hand personally. Not going to cost a great deal as he’s contracts up. No where near the Norwich squad and I’m not sure Burnley will want a player that probably won’t hit the ground running.

Frostie

He'll be a free transfer for Rangers so much bigger wage & signing on fee available there for him (and his agent).

junglej13

Exactly the type of player I would give the wide birth. A 'name' - injury problems and hasn't played well for a long time. Would prefer us to take prospects from League 1 or Premier League development squads.

Last edited:

Northeast sky blue

Good player but seems to have gone backwards over the last couple of seasons, I feel sure he would still have his pick of sides, unfortunately I don't think we would be one of them

eastwoodsdustman

I have heard that Paterson will be the one we are trying to secure. If we do then I cant see why we would look at Cantwell as we already have Casey Palmer in that role.

JonesBob

Cantwell is a luxury player who thinks he is Grealish. At times excellent, at times headless chicken. He is hot and cold and honestly if he can't hack it at Norwich he's not going to do much with us. People say MR likes a challenge but as we see with Kane and Walker sometimes it doesn't work out. Also, Cantwell and OHare would not fit in the same team.

napolimp

Cantwell is a luxury player who thinks he is Grealish. At times excellent, at times headless chicken. He is hot and cold and honestly if he can't hack it at Norwich he's not going to do much with us. People say MR likes a challenge but as we see with Kane and Walker sometimes it doesn't work out. Also, Cantwell and OHare would not fit in the same team.

Wouldn't that be the point of signing Cantwell, to fill in for O'hare whilst he's injured? Then if he comes good you could always slot him into a 2 behind a lone striker. Would be a risk if the fee is significant, though he's clearly very talented.

slowpoke

I like him, good player but too much like COH for me who could be fit October/November so can’t see it.
A fully fit O’Hare is the better player imo.

CDK

SPL not a quality standard below the championship standard maybe 2 teams apart who would be lower mid table in The E.P.L and that's the big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread