To beer or not to beer, that is the question (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I drink on occasions, but not OTT, but with a long day and the later ko time, I think I'll have a few (to deaden the feeling (should the worse happen) but knowing that the adrenaline will overcome the alcohol should we prevail. Can always watch the replay stone cold sober afterwards Going to have to pace it a bit, though!

What about the rest of you?

torchomatic

I count myself fortunate as drinking as never been part of my matchday routine. Not even when I started going home and away from 83 onwards.

Makes me laugh at the CBS. Loads of fans trundle down to the bars ten minutes before half time and then come back up ten minutes after the game has started. Can never understand it.

Nick

Administrator
I count myself fortunate as drinking as never been part of my matchday routine. Not even when I started going home and away from 83 onwards.

Makes me laugh at the CBS. Loads of fans trundle down to the bars ten minutes before half time and then come back up ten minutes after the game has started. Can never understand it.
I do like having a couple although never to the point I'm completely out of it.

NorthernWisdom

Having been to a fair few games where I really can't remember what happened (I couldn't get you to Ashton Gate again if I tried!), then I reckon sober is the best way... although with our history, not knowing what's happened is usually the best way to be!

SkyBlueSoul

I'll have a couple but nothing excessive. I got excited for the Checkatrade, can remember it but it's hazy so for the Exeter match I limited myself and enjoyed the day a lot more. Will probably have 2-3 over a couple of hours before, not arsed about having one at half time.

Otis

Same. And I can't drink anyway. On too many tablets at the moment.

The doctor also gave me some medication too.

Garlana86

I'm likely going to go to a few pubs but then lower myself to the drinking some cans on a bench with my pals, no queue times that way, cheaper and hopefully good weather.

JPG77

Will have a few beers on the train down and a few at the box park, that will be it until I get home, then champagne to celebrate us getting back to the PL

Great_Expectations

My standard match day routine involves a civilised two pints pre game with lunch at the pub and that’s all.

For various reasons this year I’ve had a few games where I’ve changed routine, so enjoyed the novelty of doing something different and had a few more pre game (and occasionally post) while soaking up the atmosphere.

I will drink on Saturday, it’s a massive occasion and as part of that I want to enjoy it with a few nice beers as the location provides plenty of good options.

Will be a steady pace though as want to actually watch and “enjoy” the game - that is the reason we’re all there after all!

Brighton Sky Blue

Never drink at games but if there’s fewer than 2 goals in it at 10 minutes to go I think that may change

Great_Expectations

Mentioned it on match threads before but there’s two blokes in front of me who are always late to their seats, leave at 30 mins, aren’t back until 10 mins after HT and more often than not then leave early.

What is the point?!

fernandopartridge

Mentioned it on match threads before but there’s two blokes in front of me who are always late to their seats, leave at 30 mins, aren’t back until 10 mins after HT and more often than not then leave early.

What is the point?!

It's up to them isn't it? For some people the football is part of a social event not necessarily even the the most important part of the day. No problem with it myself.

ajsccfc

If the laws in this country allowed you to drink in your seat it may be different but I've never drank at football, can't be arsed with the limited time window and then having a relay to the toilet and back during the game. More or less teetotal now by accident anyway so never been that bothered

Great_Expectations

It's up to them isn't it? For some people the football is part of a social event not necessarily even the the most important part of the day. No problem with it myself.

I hear that line of thought I just don’t get it. Or if football is secondary perhaps sit in a seat where disturbance to those around you is minimal.

Different seats for different needs.

Kingokings204

Will have a few spread out over the day. Going to be fairly warm also. And I booked the train from cov and it’s going to be rammed isn’t it. I regret it a bit tbh. Hope it’s worth it

matesx

8..30am start in the Cherwell pub Banbury if anybody fancies it? 🍻 10.10 train to Wembley Stadium station.

jordan210

I dont really drink as trying to lose weight. But I will have a low alcohol beer on the train. A proper beer before the match and than if we win a beer on the way home.

Wiseoldfool

I'm likely going to go to a few pubs but then lower myself to the drinking some cans on a bench with my pals, no queue times that way, cheaper and hopefully good weather.
You may have to change your plans, there is a no drinking zone for outside .They have also warned off licences not to sell alcholl before the game.

no_loyalty

I very rarely drink alcohol pre match as end up needing the toilet every 10 minutes, and miss a lot of the game.

Going to have a couple early Saturday morning on this occasion, so should be ok at game.

Grendel

To be fair my alcoholic nature began when I went to every home and away game in the 80’s

skyblue1991

Defintely have a few before the game, for me it's part of the matchday.

Not going to get to Wembley until about 3pm though and with the street drinking ban it's unlikely I'll have another couple in the area before the game because all the pubs will be rammed. So will walk around in the sun, soak up the atmosphere and perhaps have another beer in the ground

I refuse to have any refreshments at HT, not risking missing any minute of the match!

rob9872

I drink on occasions, but not OTT, but with a long day and the later ko time, I think I'll have a few (to deaden the feeling (should the worse happen) but knowing that the adrenaline will overcome the alcohol should we prevail. Can always watch the replay stone cold sober afterwards Going to have to pace it a bit, though!

What about the rest of you?
Pussy 😀

Users who are viewing this thread