TM wants us to trust him/Infrastructure (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Yes Red with chips but a bit of Brown with me bacon or sausages :)

singers_pore

To talk about building an "infrastructure" when the owners can't even sort out the Academy and stadium, is frankly an insult to our intelligence.

TM tried to jump from this sinking ship over the Summer, and this latest statement is just a piss take.

Gint11

I'm keeping faith by a thread at the moment. Our squad is dangerously thin and short on the ground. If he doesn't make 2/3 good signings we are in for a struggle.

Sky Blue Harry H

I must admit I keep logging on here hoping to see the arrival of.......'new signing' -it will happen, but like (I suspect) most others I am getting more edgy as each day goes by!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I must admit I keep logging on here hoping to see the arrival of.......'new signing' -it will happen, but like (I suspect) most others I am getting more edgy as each day goes by!

Correct Harry.

It was only recently that people were saying 'we have three and a half weeks to go, don't panic' - which seemed fair. We're now 11 days away from the start of the season and you can add in that we've lost Vincelot. I honestly think I could get in the defence somewhere too!

I'm very nervous. We need at least 7 good players to come in, and it needs to happen soon.

coop

How many of the targets TM wanted do you think he's landed, in my opinion only one Sordell would be interesting to no which other one's he wanted and has lost out on

better days

From our own young players talking to their mates at Premier League clubs. Also senior pros tell young lads that Coventry under TM is a great place to learn

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Average salary L1 2014-15 was £69500 or around £1340 pw. With all the money washing around I would expect that to be higher this year. How much would we pay say one of our youngsters? Is the expectation of salary higher because of the big club perception? Will that put a lot of players out of reach for CCFC?

Selling Vincelot will have freed up more than that though surely. I can not see him being on £1340, it was surely at least double. That would mean by definition being able to bring in a couple of average L1 players or young lads with no/little experience wouldn't it? Is that what we need? Ok it might be loan players from premiership or even Championship teams where parent club pays or chips in but past history has been a bit hit and miss on that front and loans can no longer be short term. If Vincelot was viewed as an average player L1 standard (I wouldn't place him as stand out) then does that mean the only players TM can look at to make the player numbers for the squad work are journeymen, loans and youngsters? of a lesser standard or experience to Vincelot?

I understand TM must wheel and deal, but it still seems to me like cost cutting because the available cash flow has got tighter than ever, but why has it? (rhetorical I can guess)

Fingers and toes crossed and wishing TM lots of luck in finding the right ones and making it work

Bob Latchford

What the don't panic people must understand is , new players coming in need to gel . by the time this happens , the season is already taking shape . it'll be constant catch up .

Bob Latchford

To talk about building an "infrastructure" when the owners can't even sort out the Academy and stadium, is frankly an insult to our intelligence.

TM tried to jump from this sinking ship over the Summer, and this latest statement is just a piss take.
Fair comments .

Bob Latchford

I'm keeping faith by a thread at the moment. Our squad is dangerously thin and short on the ground. If he doesn't make 2/3 good signings we are in for a struggle.
True.

SkyblueBazza

The simple fact is...he doesn't have to ask for the fans' trust. The fans have little choice in the matter. Whoever the manager is...we just have to get behind them & the team they put on the pitch.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Gint11

My last defence of TM with signing players is that many will become unattached or available on 1st August. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a few come in then. In reality TM has always said the team might not be ready until the end of the window, not by the first game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The Coventry doom and gloom in me can't help but think this goes hand in hand with cutting season ticket sales off by the opening game. The budget is massively slashed and you're tricked into buying a season ticket before you really know how fucked we are, and how little in the shape of playing staff resources we'll really have.

Chipfat

This merry go round we are on with Sisu is in everything they do, you look at managers to board members, all take turns to stop the ride get off to make a statement about, infrastructure, stadium, squad building, meetings, Land, oh and my favorite "we are the victim" only to jump back on the ride to go faster, so we don't get to see the real them, just the blurred version of what is truly happening. The new guy will give same answer to his or her first question, that should be answered with the truth instead of the stock "i'm here to correct past mistakes" and then do exactly the same as before. Same story different face, they are playing the fans like fools and have been for a very long time now, everything is misdirection or delay tactics.

As for the managers past and present, if you read between the lines most will say the same, however i do not feel sorry for them as they made the judgement that working with Sisu was going to be ok as well as thinking they could compete on what is being said. They are paid to make judgments on players ability and personality and hope to get more right than wrong to gain positive results, so if they can't smell BS, See BS and do no research on the history of this club then they can't complain when in the BS, that they don't like the smell.

TM is now in a very tough spot but is paid to make the most of what he has, we still have time to bring some in and i still think 8th, 9th or 10th is somewhere we should be come the end of the season. But I am honest enough to temper my expectations in hope of an improving club and squad, i want us to win every game and want us to reach the potential we have as a club. I just don't get angry or sad anymore if things are not done, players are sold or deadlines are past for ways forward, life of a Cov fan is not easy which is why its not easy to give up. I just feel all words from within the club have no meaning or are true and until this circus is brought to an end and the ring master departs this club is dying on its arse, bit like majority of fans passion towards the club to keep hearing the same rhetoric.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm waiting for next Monday when TM reveals the signing to replace Fleck and Vincelot, and in walks Bigi on a four year contract taking up both their wages.
If that's the plan we are up shit creek.
TM said three players this week didn't he, so he's now got two days to get them done, plus Bigi next week.
I will need a string whisky to watch bloody Bigi give the ball away everytime he touches it, though excuses will already be in place to say he's for the future and needs time to bed in.
Get some deals done TM like you said you would, they will have about ten days to jell with the team.

Nick

Administrator
I'm waiting for next Monday when TM reveals the signing to replace Fleck and Vincelot, and in walks Bigi on a four year contract taking up both their wages.
If that's the plan we are up shit creek.
TM said three players this week didn't he, so he's now got two days to get them done, plus Bigi next week.
I will need a string whisky to watch bloody Bigi give the ball away everytime he touches it, though excuses will already be in place to say he's for the future and needs time to bed in.
Get some deals done TM like you said you would, they will have about ten days to jell with the team.

He had better have had a transplant then!

ClarkeZ

I constantly feel sorry for the managers at this club, I'm sure they get given the same spiel, Pressley, TM and all before under SISU will probably have been told you will get something to spend, we can bring players in and you have a good wage budget. And then I expect its all taken away once the pen hits the paper.

I trust TM as a manager, for the most part, out of seemingly nowhere he created a team that could challenge for promotion last year. I had concerns in the back half that we were worked out and he doesn't have a plan B. However, I argued heavily against the TM Outers saying he needed another summer to build. Unfortunately his isnt building. Whether he has been overzealous with players he thinks we can get and then sign championship or stronger L1 clubs, or if SISU have said youve got shit all mate, deal with it, I dont know.

But either way, we barely have a skeleton squad, we need quality and it needs to be now. We cannot compete with this squad. People say "we are a L1 team now what more do you expect"... I see the point but I'm sure as hell not going to accept mid table L1 as acceptable for this club. It might be realistic, but CCFC should be so much better than that. I dont see the game plan for the owners, surely they cant be making much money off this, if anything at all, why keep it going. Cut your losses and get out, or try and make the club profitable by putting in to get promotion. Stagnation is a disease this club has and cannot get rid of.

D

Deleted member 2477

Be careful js you will have the sisu bully boys on here slating you for dare saying sisu arnt backing the club and we should be aiming higher.
Totally agree with whay you say and he now has just over a week to rcruit several players.
We dont even have a team to put out at the moment and god help us if we get two or three injuries as we have no back up.

Cant remember a ccfc squad being so thin and cut to the bone still acording to some on here we should accept it as we are a self funding 1st division club

Nick

Administrator
Be careful js you will have the sisu bully boys on here slating you for dare saying sisu arnt backing the club and we should be aiming higher.
Totally agree with whay you say and he now has just over a week to rcruit several players.
We dont even have a team to put out at the moment and god help us if we get two or three injuries as we have no back up.

Cant remember a ccfc squad being so thin and cut to the bone still acording to some on here we should accept it as we are a self funding 1st division club

Yes, OSB was really being a SISU bully boy when he explained some things to you.

Sky Blue Kid

And how can sisu do that without paying customers? The club is limited in what it can spend thru ffp. Yes sisu can give the club money but that will only add to the debt thus lumbering us with them for longer. Every club sells players. Arsenal sell players and they make a profit and have cash reserves. It is what it is. The sun is shining. The football will be back soon. Let's just enjoy the ride.
If you look at FA ruling the "Club" can "Gift" money to the team. Nothing to do with "Loaning" ;)

Esoterica

Just had a chat with Mystic Meg...
2 or 3 desperate free transfers over the next 3 weeks topped up with a few loans, a mid table finish, Mowbray to walk away into a Champ job at the end of the season. A club one year further down the spiral: No academy, 1 year left on the Ricoh deal, next naive manager employed, relegation to league 2, move into the Butts and playing in front of 3000. Club back into admin by 2018.

KersleyDigs

Here's our rebuilding so far, there are big gaps left to fill.... a LOT to do!

- Maddison... replaced by... Jodi Jones
- O'Brien... replaced by... Kwame Thomas
- Fleck...replaced by... Vlad Gadzhev
- C. Thomas... replaced by... Andy Rose
- Fortune... replaced by... Marvin Sordell

- Vincelot... replaced by... no one yet
- Stephens/Reda... replaced by... no one yet
- Martin... replaced by... no one yet
-
Phillips... replaced by... no one yet
- Cole... replaced by... no one yet
- Murphy... replaced by... no one yet
- Armstrong... replaced by... no one yet

7 first team signings needed.

stupot07

Here are the gaps still left.... a LOT to do!!!

- O'Brien... replaced by... Andy Rose
- Fleck...replaced by... Vlad Gadzhev
- C. Thomas... replaced by... Ben Stephenson
- Fortune... replaced by... Kwame Thomas

- Vincelot... replaced by... no one yet
- Stephens... replaced by....Jordan willis return to fitness
- Reda... replaced by... no one yet
- Martin... replaced by... no one yet
-
Phillips... replaced by...kelly-evans potentially
- Maddison... replaced by... Jodi Jones
- Cole... replaced by... no one yet
- Murphy... replaced by... no one yet
- Armstrong... replaced by... Sordell

Conor Thomas made about 1 appearance last year and rarely played the season before - hes probably replaced by Stevenson, Andy rose replacing JOB.

Also Stephens only came in because Willis and reda were out, so Willis is like a new signing

We've also signed kwame Thomas, then some of those will be replaced by academy players coming through, e.g. kelly-evans for Phillips

I'd also say Sordell is here as thr main man so a replacement for Armstrong not fortune who played a bit part

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KersleyDigs

Do you disagree that we need 7 in then Stu? When I say replaced I mean generally, head-count, wages, position/place etc, so only rough...

stupot07

A lot will depend on what formation he wants to play. You'd probably get away with 5-6 more signings. As with willis, Phillips, Haynes, burge, etc, there comes a point when the younger players become part of that headcount and proper part of the 22-24 man first team squad.

2xcb
1x cm
1-2 x winger/attack midfiekers
Plus McCann

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread