Timmy in 'The Times' (1 Viewer)

covhead1

[h=1]Coventry chief executive defends his actions[/h]

Submitted by WG on Sat, 13/07/2013 - 14:09Coventry City chief executive Tim Fisher defends his actions and that of the club's parent company Sisu in a full page feature interview in The Times today. He thinks that he has been unfairly vilified. Whilst he concedes that Sisu's period in charge of the Sky Blues has not been 'a roaring success ... it is grossly unfair to say they have done anything other than have the best intent for Coventry.'
Even if one concedes this point, ending up ground sharing in the East Midlands can hardly be judged to be a good outcome. It could be five years before the club returns to Coventry. Indeed, in an accompanying box The Times describes Sisu's record since 2007 as 'abject'.
Mr Fisher evidently thinks that Coventry City Council is the villain of the piece. Sisu have applied for a judicial review, taking the view that the Council acted unlawfully and with improper purpose. Mr Fisher thinks they are motivated by a belief that 'there is a better owner coming along.' This might not be an unreasonable supposition.
As for the offer by former director Garry Hoffman to pay the rent at the Ricoh Arena to keep the club in their home city, Mr Fisher is dismissive: 'It is not a real deal. He says it is rent-free, but then wants take part of the money we earn through ticketing. It's a financing deal at 25 per cent. Not even the Mafia charge that.'

Nonleagueherewecome

Bit rich comparing Hoffman to the Mafia given his employers behaviour.

"Abject"-thanks for your support, The Times!

Hadenough

Not even the Mafia charge that.

Yes but the Mafia refused to deal with Sisu ,even they have principals you ars*hole:slap:

Timmy - You little liar

The quote from Tim Fisher today's Times 'It is not a real deal. He (Hoffman) says it is rent-free, but then wants take part of the money we earn through ticketing. It's a financing deal at 25 per cent. Not even the Mafia charge that.' is outrageous.

I was at Nuneaton today and so was Gary Hoffman (No sign of you, Mr Fisher, though a meeting was offered to discuss Mr Hoffman's proposal)

Perhaps you should meet with Hoffman before you accuse him of offering a Finance deal at 25%. If you read the piece in the Coventry Telegraph. Gary Hoffman is not trying to make money for anyone other than CCFC out of his proposal.

The deal Hoffman offers is based on bigger crowds at the Ricoh rather than the likely ccfc crowds at Northampton. Will the attendances be down 25% or 50%, in your estimations? Perhaps you believe there will be no difference!

Mr Hoffman is offering to pay the rent for the Ricoh for you, improve your cashflow, and increase profits for you and the Academy. The increased profit you mention is incremental to the football club and not Gary Hoffman. He has been quite clear he is not going to make any money, personally.

I understand Mark Labovitch, your fellow non executive Director was a PR man for Tony Blair, once upon a time; well if he advised you on your quotes in the Times he underestimated the weapons of mass destruction that the fans of CCFC have at their disposal.

We will not got to Northampton for 3 - 5 years, our resolve provides the weapons that will destroy you, you little liar (or should I say misrepresenter).

Tonylinc

FFS Fisher; your company took on the whole of the obligations of playing the Ricoh without any fuss. Their subsequent mismanagement has meant a fall in revenue. Now someone offers you a way of continuing and you say No. Come clean this is all about distressing ACL is it not. Don't give us any more shit about FPR's You want the stadium at a knock down rate and that is all.

wingy

I think we need to recognise here folks that ,Its extremely likely that Timmy boy is the driver behind the policies of the club . Rather than currently her @ the Top .

I'm hearing that he has a significant Stake ,around the Value of the ARVO input. What That means or suggests ,Well??

Tonylinc

Nobody make any mistake......this will be the end of Coventry City and the beginning of a franchise football club.

georgehudson

i'm afraid TF,
you have now become,
what in common parlance may be termed as 'an inveterate liar',
just how many times can you come out with tosh

Nonleagueherewecome

i'm afraid TF,
you have now become,
what in common parlance may be termed as 'an inveterate liar',
just how many times can you come out with tosh

Is it 342 times?

CCFCSteve

The quote from Tim Fisher today's Times 'It is not a real deal. He (Hoffman) says it is rent-free, but then wants take part of the money we earn through ticketing. It's a financing deal at 25 per cent. Not even the Mafia charge that.' is outrageous.

I was at Nuneaton today and so was Gary Hoffman (No sign of you, Mr Fisher, though a meeting was offered to discuss Mr Hoffman's proposal)

Perhaps you should meet with Hoffman before you accuse him of offering a Finance deal at 25%. If you read the piece in the Coventry Telegraph. Gary Hoffman is not trying to make money for anyone other than CCFC out of his proposal.

The deal Hoffman offers is based on bigger crowds at the Ricoh rather than the likely ccfc crowds at Northampton. Will the attendances be down 25% or 50%, in your estimations? Perhaps you believe there will be no difference!

Mr Hoffman is offering to pay the rent for the Ricoh for you, improve your cashflow, and increase profits for you and the Academy. The increased profit you mention is incremental to the football club and not Gary Hoffman. He has been quite clear he is not going to make any money, personally.

I understand Mark Labovitch, your fellow non executive Director was a PR man for Tony Blair, once upon a time; well if he advised you on your quotes in the Times he underestimated the weapons of mass destruction that the fans of CCFC have at their disposal.

We will not got to Northampton for 3 - 5 years, our resolve provides the weapons that will destroy you, you little liar (or should I say misrepresenter).

Exactly. It's about time someone really pushed the club on this. There is no real cost and potentially substantial benefits to the club if they agree to Hoffmans offer...unless the aim is to distress ACL. If any of those supporting sisu believe different I'd like to know their reasons.

The Wolves match alone is likely to generate £100k-£200k more at the Ricoh, so why would you play at NTFC ?!!!

CCFCSteve

Ps in life everyone is accountable for their actions. I really do hope that SISU and people like TF (and to some extent PA) are held to account. Some might think they have always been one step ahead. I personally believe they are just digging a deeper hole for themselves.

Skybluesquirrel

Hoffmans offer could easily be interpreted as an investment of £400,000 (plus the buy-out clause at NTFC) to then gain 50% of the profit on the additional gate receipts at the Ricoh.

Its a very cheeky offer that he knows SISU will never accept. Hoffman is acting as a broker between ACL and SISU so that negotiations could start again. It also allows ACL off the hook as they are quite rightly reluctant to accept Holdings as the 'club' and only want to negotiate with CCFC Ltd - the holder of the lease.

It puts additional pressure on the FL when SISU argue they have nowhere to play, as they now have another offer which they have truned down.

Users who are viewing this thread