Time to face facts (2 Viewers)

ptr

Madders will have been offered more money that we could ever dream of offering him. If in the jobs you were on now, you were offered a massive increase in pay, better bonuses, company in better position both financially and status wise are you honestly saying you wouldn't take it? We are a league one club, Norwich are in the premier league. Some of you lot need to understand we are no longer a big club, we are not in the premier league. Seen messages on Twitter and stuff calling the lad a prick. No one stops to think that the boy has been offered a job a lot better on a whole than the job we can offer him, who are sisu to stand in his way. We are not a feeder club as I've seen on this forum but unfortunately we are a selling club yes, and we will be till we are back in the prem. Even then if we were to have players good enough we would not be able to stop the man city's and the Chelsea's coming in.

Overall yes I am gutted like everyone else but the fact is it was inevitable. He has dreams like any of us would to play at the top and the fact is he won't reach it with us atm or any time soon. It is however bizzare he is joining a team that will most likely play in the championship next year, but still it's a step up. The one thing I am annoyed at is the supposed price of 2 million as he's worth double that. But his lack of game time will have done that. Hopefully there is a large sell on clause involved.

Bit of a rant but from me but best of luck to him and hope he is more motivated then ever to help us up now. Excellent player who teams couldn't deal with in this league, compeletely kicked off the park. He will have better protection from referees higher up and will be able to showcase more of his talent. I would like to think he will go on to play for England but time will tell.

Some of you will moan as its another Maddison Thread but honestly couldn't deal with reading some of the idiotic comments on other threads. The rest of the season begins now. PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Of course you can't blame him, he has probably at least quadrupled his wages. None of us would turn it down.

ccfc1234

Resent the club not the player. We were getting close and in the championship he is worth 10m

Brylowes

Madders will have been offered more money that we could ever dream of offering him. If in the jobs you were on now, you were offered a massive increase in pay, better bonuses, company in better position both financially and status wise are you honestly saying you wouldn't take it? We are a league one club, Norwich are in the premier league. Some of you lot need to understand we are no longer a big club, we are not in the premier league. Seen messages on Twitter and stuff calling the lad a prick. No one stops to think that the boy has been offered a job a lot better on a whole than the job we can offer him, who are sisu to stand in his way. We are not a feeder club as I've seen on this forum but unfortunately we are a selling club yes, and we will be till we are back in the prem. Even then if we were to have players good enough we would not be able to stop the man city's and the Chelsea's coming in.

Overall yes I am gutted like everyone else but the fact is it was inevitable. He has dreams like any of us would to play at the top and the fact is he won't reach it with us atm or any time soon. It is however bizzare he is joining a team that will most likely play in the championship next year, but still it's a step up. The one thing I am annoyed at is the supposed price of 2 million as he's worth double that. But his lack of game time will have done that. Hopefully there is a large sell on clause involved.

Bit of a rant but from me but best of luck to him and hope he is more motivated then ever to help us up now. Excellent player who teams couldn't deal with in this league, compeletely kicked off the park. He will have better protection from referees higher up and will be able to showcase more of his talent. I would like to think he will go on to play for England but time will tell.

Some of you will moan as its another Maddison Thread but honestly couldn't deal with reading some of the idiotic comments on other threads. The rest of the season begins now. PUSB
He goes he goes.its the fee I'm pissed off about. Don't wanna watch him play for us again though,can't see the point.

Nick

Administrator
He may help us get promoted. That's a big point.
Ali contributed a lot to MK Dons after he was sold.
Hopefully he will, I don't think he is as good as ali. While he is in a city shirt I hope he scores shit loads and sets loads up.

He has a price tag now, I think he might be under more pressure.

idm1975

Hopefully he will, I don't think he is as good as ali. While he is in a city shirt I hope he scores shit loads and sets loads up.

He has a price tag now, I think he might be under more pressure.
The price tag he has been given is laughable and if i was him i would be pissed off at being so undervalued.

Brylowes

He may help us get promoted. That's a big point.
Ali contributed a lot to MK Dons after he was sold.
Fuck mk. He's a canary now,hardly gonna put himself out for us.he should go now play in their stiffs-and watch the 1st team get relegated.

Nick

Administrator
The price tag he has been given is laughable and if i was him i would be pissed off at being so undervalued.
Yes, I'm sure he is annoyed. He has probably just increased his wage five food. Judging by the reaction of his agents and people he knows they see it as a great move and are congratulating him.

How much do people realistically think he is worth?

Brylowes

Fuck mk? He has a point, the over the top outrage is a bit cringe.
Not over the top I run a boozer near Norwich.Trust me this is a disaster.
Out of interest Nick have Sisu/club ever made a bad decision in your opinion.just wondering

Nick

Administrator
Not over the top I run a boozer near Norwich.Trust me this is a disaster.
Out of interest Nick have Sisu/club ever made a bad decision in your opinion.just wondering
Yes, taking over the club.

Is it a disaster? Or is that an over reaction? We did fine without him.

Otis

Some have talked about him being booed and are unhappy with his comments.

Don't know what they want the lad to say. That's he's gone to a new club and is not happy about it?

The normal rhetoric has been forthcoming. 'Excited' 'Big club' etc.

Don't know what else he is supposed to say.

If City fans now boo him then they are idiots I'm afraid.

Last edited:

clint van damme

People need to get a grip.

No league 1 side is going to hold onto a player once a premiership club comes calling.

And the fee is fine- he's a good player but he's done fuck all and he's not in the same league as Dele Ali.

My only issue will be if the majority of the cash doesn't go back into the team.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
At 2m for what he has actually achieved in the game is a very good price, the choice was for our club to hold on and see if that value would increase. We chose to cash in early and only time will tell whether that was good value or not.

Personally, I have no affinity with any player as perhaps many years ago, I cheer them on when they play, but after all, they are have to move on at some stage and then say the appropriate words about new job etc.

i think we have been poor since he has been back and would swap him for Kent any day as we moved the ball quicker, his pirouettes slow it down to much for Armstrong and Murphy and eventually at a higher level, players will just see through the trickery. Looks great at L1 level though.

Otis

I think people's judgement is clouded by the ridiculous £7m figures that were bound about yesterday.

Dele Alli went for £5m and had played 100 games for MK Dons.

Why would Maddison be worth £7m?

Irish Sky Blue

Same would apply to Dack at Gillingham and Bradshaw at Walsall. Pretty sure that their wages would have increased significantly. The fact is that they were under contract like Maddison so it was up to the club whether they went or not. Walsall and Gillingham clearly have more ambition than Sisu. I am pretty sure that one of the things that Joy, Tim and Chris didn't consider was what was best for Maddison. "Who are Sisu to stand in his way", they saw the short term pound signs. Maddison's feelings, thoughts, ambitions I am sure never came into it. What annoys me is not that he has gone particularly. It is the knock down fee received and the timing which means that even if they gave TM a small percentage of the fee ( if the football club is a self funding separate entity to Sisu shouldn't he have it all?), he is not now in a position to spend it until the summer. Before any one says Sisu funded recent deals, it was already stated extra funds were available due to increased gates.

ClarkeZ

Jesus Christ, some of the stuff coming out on this forum in the last 8 hours is unbelievable.

He was going, end of story. If it was yesterday or in the summer he was gone. No ifs, no buts. We have been talking about it all season and most of us agreed he should go with a loan back clause. Which we got.
So we have lost nothing, we have our player, who of course will keep playing hard. He wants to make a premier league side next season, he has to impress! Plus we're his home town team, there is still a thing called passion in this sport if you look closely enough!

On top of that, we got exactly what we needed with 2 big, albeit young, defenders to solidify the back 4.

If you came to me yesterday morning and said Madders goes with a loan back and we sign 2 big decent looking defenders for the remainder of the season, id be pretty chuffed. People need to get a fucking grip and realise this is a business, Madders would have snapped Norwich's hands off for that deal (as would every single one of us in that position, don't kid yourselves), so the club have to get what they can for him.

Sorry to stir it up, but some people here need to grow up and support us trying to get back into the automatics. We have all the tools now.

Macca

Am I the only person who doesn't care. In the 30 years I've followed City the lad is a dot in time. In fact we got to the top of the league without him. If he is going to be amazing it won't be with us so goodbye and good luck. Not going to get dewy eyed just because he is from Coventry

Grendel

Am I the only person who doesn't care. In the 30 years I've followed City the lad is a dot in time. In fact we got to the top of the league without him. If he is going to be amazing it won't be with us so goodbye and good luck. Not going to get dewy eyed just because he is from Coventry

No your not the only one.

Couldn't say I care less really.

D

Deleted member 4439

Jesus Christ, some of the stuff coming out on this forum in the last 8 hours is unbelievable.

He was going, end of story. If it was yesterday or in the summer he was gone. No ifs, no buts. We have been talking about it all season and most of us agreed he should go with a loan back clause. Which we got.
So we have lost nothing, we have our player, who of course will keep playing hard. He wants to make a premier league side next season, he has to impress! Plus we're his home town team, there is still a thing called passion in this sport if you look closely enough!

On top of that, we got exactly what we needed with 2 big, albeit young, defenders to solidify the back 4.

If you came to me yesterday morning and said Madders goes with a loan back and we sign 2 big decent looking defenders for the remainder of the season, id be pretty chuffed. People need to get a fucking grip and realise this is a business, Madders would have snapped Norwich's hands off for that deal (as would every single one of us in that position, don't kid yourselves), so the club have to get what they can for him.

Sorry to stir it up, but some people here need to grow up and support us trying to get back into the automatics. We have all the tools now.

Reluctantly, I have to agree. Whilst we appear to have stalled up front, it is our defence that's been our downfall; and not only in shipping goals but in providing the solidity and shape needed to assert attacks.

stupot07

I think people's judgement is clouded by the ridiculous £7m figures that were bound about yesterday.

Dele Alli went for £5m and had played 100 games for MK Dons.

Why would Maddison be worth £7m?

Might have been worth £5m had we kept him another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Well we certainly have the tools on here this morning. ;)

simonregis

I like you. Total sense

Otis

Might have been worth £5m had we kept him another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
And he might not. Might have got a long term injury, who knows.

scouseskyblue

If you factor in the amount of money and effort put into training Maddison since he was a kid and bringing him through the ranks I think this is a pretty poor deal. The timing especially seems a SISU design to stop Mogga spending any of the cash before the end of the window. Yes there are loans maybe still to come but we are up to the limit now unless we just send Bigi back... Walsall have rebuffed offers for all their talent and their gates average a third of ours...

Users who are viewing this thread