Time for common sense from us fans! (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

My point is, pack the sixfields & force club back to Ricoh & at least we are supporting the wonderful youngsters in our team!
Proof in the pudding will be end of season, if sisu walk or not cos of low gates at Sixfields.
CCFC belongs in Cov!

That's an oxymoron if ever I saw one.

Tommystours

Good posting skyblueswiss.i understand finance and what corporates do to avoid tax and use the systems in the UK to make money.through layering
companies (legally)I am really torn between accepting what SISU have done to my great club, and thinking about what ACL and CCC have been trying to achieve in their actions.This does not make me feel like son of snoz,(is it Neil ?.) , but I am not totally For NOPM , although that is what I have done so far.
This is my 50th year supporting and being a fan of my beloved sky blues, and I have made the decision not to go to Shitfields , I want city back in Cov.i am only intending to go to away games,until something drastic happens.
It may well be that I have to eat humble pie and watch city at home at he Ricoh while SISU carry out part of their plan to get some ownership of the Ricoh and then sell on to a group who at least care a little about my team playing in Cov.
It is difficult for lots of fans , but we are not doing ourselves any favours by ranting and slagging off other sky blue fans on his forum(although good banter is accepted)PUSB

italiahorse

SISU need to see what there customers want.
At the end of the day they rely on customers to support there business.
Staying away from Northampton, filling the away allocation, surveys and marches all show SISU what there customers want.
More importantly staying away from Northampton shows SISU what there customers don't want.

Ashdown1

Forget this bloody political war between Sisu//Acl!
Why don't us fans of CCFC, pack out Sixfields from Sunday, therefore forcing club back to the Ricoh due to attendance overflow!

Stick with me.....

Support this wonderful young team, because they need it at this crucial time & return back to our community & fill the coffers of our club owners.....wait for it......
Who can then afford to buy the stadium & better players!

Easy isn't it!

Don't rely on foreign hedgefunds!

We the citizens of Coventry should be supporting our club!

Don't need a phoenix club, let's keep this 130 year old FA cup winning legacy going!

No son of Snoz would come out with such a load of bollocks !

Steve.B50

Why don't us fans of CCFC, pack out Sixfields from Sunday, therefore forcing club back to the Ricoh due to attendance overflow

Stick with me.....

Support this wonderful young team, because they need it at this crucial time & return back to our community & fill the coffers of our club owners.....wait for it......

Easy isn't it!

Don't need a phoenix club, let's keep this 130 year old FA cup winning legacy going!

I understand your thoughts and I am sure some will be tempted but this is not the answer, I personally have my own views and thoughts regarding our present owners. However, my only thoughts at present is getting my team back to our City as I honestly believe they will never come back if we go to Northampton on mass.
The concept of all going one game with a view to making a statement should be considered but not to pack the place out to keep Fisher in pocket money.

We are a proud people with history and must stay strong.

The only way they will come back is if no fans went and the spineless FL found some balls, but if the place was empty except away fans and a few wives you watch the FL back down?

Sky Blue Harry H

Well, going the opposite way hasn't achieved much has it!

Sisu still here & we are 30 odd miles away!

Open your minds......

....still here? They've only played one game 'away' at Sixfields - give us a chance to shift them !

Covstu

My point is, pack the sixfields & force club back to Ricoh & at least we are supporting the wonderful youngsters in our team!
Proof in the pudding will be end of season, if sisu walk or not cos of low gates at Sixfields.
CCFC belongs in Cov!

I now what your saying but I really don't think we will ever play at the Ricoh. The council have tried their best to attack SISU and not give in to their demands (whether they were reasonable or not is irrelevant but it cost us 10 points). They wont sell the ground to SISU which would be the ideal scenario given the current situation but again not going to happen. SISU wont rent because it is dead money (fair point) so I think we could be out of Coventry for while. Personally I still wont go but I feel gutted I am missing my team.

Stevearcade

I now what your saying but I really don't think we will ever play at the Ricoh. The council have tried their best to attack SISU and not give in to their demands (whether they were reasonable or not is irrelevant but it cost us 10 points). They wont sell the ground to SISU which would be the ideal scenario given the current situation but again not going to happen. SISU wont rent because it is dead money (fair point) so I think we could be out of Coventry for while. Personally I still wont go but I feel gutted I am missing my team.

I think this is a fair summary. Well put.

I've highlighted what I take to be key points, in the hope it doesn't provoke a SISU hater backlash. I'm not taking sides as I think both sides have behaved with appalling immaturity. We're not likely to have a change in command and Otium probably could buy the Ricoh outright if given the chance. They might not have the funds, but I bet they could raise them if they had the chance to buy. And if SISU/Otium did own the arena, all of this would be forgotten in no time, bygones would be bygones and we could just get on with everything, playing in our own City, in our own Stadium and fighting for promotion... It would be the simplest solution. Even if we did get rid of SISU, a new club owner would still have to rent the Ricoh from the council wouldn't they? The situation wouldn't really be massively different.

Why don't us fans of CCFC, pack out Sixfields from Sunday, therefore forcing club back to the Ricoh due to attendance overflow!

Stick with me.....

Easy isn't it!

The cracks are showing :facepalm: Couple of wins and let's forget the recent past - still only away games for me.

NOPM - STARVE THE BUGGERS OUT

jaytskyblue

Cov fans have made it crystal clear they will not go to Sixfields, in fans forums, polls, marches and in action.
Sisu wanted the Ricoh and aren't going to get it.

The only way out is for Sisu to sell up and get out.
NOPM

play_in_skyblue_stripes

You cannot win long term against the power of people.

Lots of examples,poll tax ,soviet union and others.

Morally SISU are in the wrong. They are not Coventry City. The fans and the city of Coventry is COVENTRY CITY.

Stand tall Sky Blue army, we are in the right. We will win.

Maybe taking the comparisons too far, but currently in Gdansk. The people fought and eventually won. The same will happen. I sense even the establishment are getting concerned about tactics used by SISU.

PUSB and NOPM.

Last edited:

cloughie

Yes, they very probably have made a truck load of cash so far.

Not saying this is the case - forum police, reasonable people and SISU-friendly narks might be listening in - but just for a moment imagine this scenario:

You invest little or no money in players over a number of years, making silly claims about bringing on the youth and academy players as the excuse for doing so. You sell virtually anyone you can sell (and remember, we sold quite a lot of good players for good money), and if you cannot sell them, you let the higher earners "leave" on frees by deliberately mis-managing their contract renewals. You get half a million a year for nothing for the academy your predecessors built up. You have sponsorship, season tickets, merchandise, opposition fans etc. etc.
With each year that goes by, the cost of the squad and the cost of supporting a football club gets less and less, and when relegation inevitably happens, you have the success of another significant drop in outgoings because as you now play at a lower level you can again get rid of most of those expensive "championship-quality" players that got the club relegated and get in yet more dirt cheap and young Div 1 players and your costs are probably now around break even, especially as in cash terms you have been paying zero rent for a long, long time.

Every year, your non-footballing group companies charge the entity that is the football club earning all of these many, many millions of actual, real cash huge amounts of interest and management fees. This procedure creates huge sums of "created" intercompany debt in the footballing entity that is actually earning all the cash. All of the excess cash - year in and year out - is paid out in to the non-footballing group companies, but still leaving tens of millions of artificially created intercompany debt that will prevent anyone else buying your nice little cash cow should some nasty person try to put you into administration just because you did not pay them contractually agreed rent.

I am an accountant, and I tell you that what I describe is unfortunately legal and is done all the time in those countries that allow such intercompany management fees and interests to be charged. The UK allows this, most countries do not. Hence the offshore ownership and the UK base for performing these sorts of activities. While I am not saying that SISU would stoop to such abusive - though legal - tactics, if they had, and if they had been doing it from day one, then I would imagine that, YES, they have in fact made a truck load of cash so far.

The trouble with being reasonable is that sometimes you are so busy being reasonable that you don't see the obvious, and if you did actually finally see the obvious, you are so busy being reasonable that you refuse to accept it without an impossible level of evidence, and if someone then provided you with the demanded evidence, you would still find reasons to deny it.
This is my problem with you so-called reasonable people. For a vast majority of the fans, it is quite clear what is going on and who is to blame. For the very small minority of you that are so busy being reasonable that you will not see the woods for the trees, your wake up call will eventually come with the final destruction of our club as we know it by these SISU scum. I use the word "scum" deliberately as that is my personal opinion of what they are.

At last someone with the intelligence to see the reason why sisu are still here,

some of us knew this to be true, yet some will hide their heads in denial

Grappa

Speaking as a member of parliament, a general practitioner, professor of philosophy and mother of 7, I strongly believe that you are mostly a bunch of cap-doffing ignoramuses who revel in hyperbole and hysterical posturing.

covmark

great post, well put mate

Otis

Stick with me.....

Easy isn't it!

Understand your argument, but unfortunately I don't think for a single second that if we filled Sixfields every week that Sisu would bring us home.

They seem adamant that there will be no deal unless it included talks about part stadium ownership. Can't see that packing Sixfields every week will make any difference whatsoever to our coming home quickly. If we filled Sixfields it would still be just 7,000 and I don't think it would change anyone's thinking at all.

What I think IS needed is a promise from fans that if the club comes home we'll pack the Ricoh.

THAT is what is needed. Not holding my breath though. That might change things. Can't see how you can make that be anything than a promise of words though, unless a ST purchase thing could be put in place before we returned.

Had we packed the Ricoh we wouldn't be in the mess we are now. IF we DID pack the Rioch that also makes us a much more desirable package for any would be buyer.

ccfcway

2 wins and some are thinking about watching COVENTRY CITY in Northampton

laughable...

These will be the same people supporting the newly named Warwickshire Bears

valiant15

@ covmark Give your head a wobble, if you've been sucked in by the "£70m in debt" shit. you're one gullible idiot then aren't you! In the six years of tenure it's been "We've lost £5m a year" (This from Fishers own mouth) Now 6x5 is £30m...that's if you believe SISU are telling the truth...which you obviously think is so. How come all of a sudden it turns into £70m???????(Claimed by Appleton) To be a good liar, you've got to have a very good memory..Something which Fisher deffinately hasn't got.

laughable...

I reckon a lot of those that are going to sixfields probably aren't from the city of Coventry so really dp not understand the heartbreak off us coventrians losing our club. Infact i reckon the fans from outside of the city really wouldn't care if sisu moved us out of the city permanently.

covmark

I reckon a lot of those that are going to sixfields probably aren't from the city of Coventry so really dp not understand the heartbreak off us coventrians losing our club. Infact i reckon the fans from outside of the city really wouldn't care if sisu moved us out of the city permanently.
biggest crock of shit I've ever read on here, only thing that isn't surprising is it came from you valiant

simple_simon

laughable...

Warwickshire Bears is a registered name, also the original name of the Coventry Jets, formed in 1982.

support the team

Stick with me.....

Easy isn't it!

Go to support the team at Shrewsbury, it is only 60 miles away not much further than northampton. Support the lads there, so you will not have to go to Northampton.

Go to support the team at Shrewsbury, it is only 60 miles away not much further than northampton. Support the lads there, so you will not have to go to Northampton.

Jeez - don't mention how far away Shrewsbury is, you'll put ideas in the dark lord/lady's head :facepalm:

James Smith

but Sisu will just plod on!
They don't care if only 1 fan turns up to watch games!
We the people of Cov should see sense & help our club in this time of need!
Would the Council not quake at the though Sixfields is getting full houses?
Try another approach is all i'm saying!

I think the reason for taking the club to Northampton is the SISU version of NOPM only theirs is aimed at ACL. Given there isn't any business case for the move to Sixfields, the only reason that Sisu could have for moving us is that they're hoping to distress ACL further. They allegedly want the Ricoh freehold and if the lack of our club playing there doesn't cause ACL enough financial difficulties the next logical step is to try that old favourite of the courts and lawyers.

That's why I think they're covering the costs of being at Northampton because they know that they won't make as much as they can at the Ricoh even with a full house and will have to make up the shortfall. I doubt that they are keen to keep putting money in to fund almost all the costs of playing at Sixfields. At the moment I would guess that the club are looking at any way to get bums on seats at NTFC in an attempt to get the appearance of increasing levels of support. The more people they can get in the early days then more are likely to see this and think they'll go too. Since they've seen lot's of other people there, the guilt of them going to Sixfields and abandoning NOPM has been somewhat lessened as they're not the only ones. If that means handing out tickets for next to nothing, or offering 2 games for the price of one that's fine even if they're not going to become regular supporters. What they will want to attract are lapsed season ticketholders and die hard fans who have stayed away.

So the fact that we're not going will be forcing them to put more money in which is the only way we have of punishing them for taking our club out of our city.

:blue:

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
When ever i do get back over to england i really want to see my beloved team play but why should my money go into sisu & northamptons pockets just to see it wasted so sisu can laugh and try get the richo then once they get what they want sell all our assests and dump us till were dead which they have all ready nearly done.

Sisued

SISUs investors are unlikely to be extremely rich individuals. More likely to be pension funds etc thatare under SISU management. So yes they have the cash but that cash will be in a very diversified portfolio of which CCFC is one entity. There will come a point where the funding of CCFC dries up as it will adversley affect SISus performance.
NOPM will work (assuming ACL doesnt collapse) but it will take time.

bigfatronssba

If we all went and filled sixfields, what motive is there for sisu to move back?

Sisued

If we all went to sixfields the policing costs would shoot through the roof due to the 3000 fans unable to get in.

Actually it would be rather ironic to have the club pleading for fans to stay away at the request of the northants police

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
It would never happen if i spent my hard earned money to go down there and not get in be a waste of petrol plus i wouldnt want to be hanging around outside the ground while the match is on when i could be in my comfy home watching sp and not spending money :)

Users who are viewing this thread