TICKETS (4 Viewers)

GIMOC

Trouble at HR in the early 00’s was far worse than anything at the CBS. Running battles pretty much every week on Gosford street. Man Utd, Spurs, West Ham etc. Leicester in Earlsdon & Pompy in the ground. Leeds on the pitch last game of the season. Absolute carnage most weeks.

good ole days them. beer engine was brilliant most games lol

SBT

let’s be honest. Trouble occurs at every ground at least twice a season. recently seen trouble at Swansea.nothing changed there. Reading trouble no change there. all these grounds have very little segregation. Boro last season some trouble no change. why are we so different?
Because when your stadium is routinely half empty, it’s easy to play it safe and get used to doing it as standard procedure. Unless you have a good reason to change it, it’ll stay that way….now that we’re massive again, hopefully common sense will prevail.

Incidentally the Swansea game this season wasn’t exactly the best advert for the “Nothing will happen if you let fans stand next to each other” argument.

Gynnsthetonic

Most of the 13 block is at the top of the stand, it does not make any sense to have segregation between Coventry fans, we must be a laughing stock really and it must get sorted next season

bigfatronssba

Because when your stadium is routinely half empty, it’s easy to play it safe and get used to doing it as standard procedure. Unless you have a good reason to change it, it’ll stay that way….now that we’re massive again, hopefully common sense will prevail.

Incidentally the Swansea game this season wasn’t exactly the best advert for the “Nothing will happen if you let fans stand next to each other” argument.
I would say that is exactly the reason.

The club haven't had to regularly deal with a full stadium for over 20 years. They probably don't have the first clue how to deal with it

Sick Boy

Trouble at HR in the early 00’s was far worse than anything at the CBS. Running battles pretty much every week on Gosford street. Man Utd, Spurs, West Ham etc. Leicester in Earlsdon & Pompy in the ground. Leeds on the pitch last game of the season. Absolute carnage most weeks.
Was the Leeds one when our fans ran on the pitch to confront them and then quickly ran off again?

GIMOC

what I mean. All these grounds have very little in segregation. Yes trouble occurs (nothing major) yet they still carry on without having blocks segregated

bigfatronssba

Was the Leeds one when our fans ran on the pitch to confront them and then quickly ran off again?
The one I remember was when we stayed up on the last day. Some of our lot ran on the pitch at full time, the Leeds fans then joined them

Evo1883

They didn't it was carnage on that pitch .. I was 11 watching it and my old man was shouting at the coppers . I know a couple of city fans that went down for that

Fans from every stand ran over

Was actually Leeds fans that went on the pitch first and coventry fans joined them

bigfatronssba

They didn't it was carnage on that pitch .. I was 11 watching it and my old man was shouting at the coppers . I know a couple of city fans that went down for that

Fans from every stand ran over

I was about the same age (10 I think), I remember it being a weird atmosphere of celebrating that quickly turned sour. I was in the East Stand and I remember a lot from around us running on.

Evo1883

I was about the same age (10 I think), I remember it being a weird atmosphere of celebrating that quickly turned sour. I was in the East Stand and I remember a lot from around us running on.
They did but leeds went on first , just phoned my old man to ask him 🤣

CV22SBA

No I think that was the 3.3 game after we were 3.1 up, Wallace got 2 late goals from memory. Another occasion was after we gave them a smaller allocation for some reason. We were already on the pitch and they came on. It went toe to toe for about 10 mins. There was a police video of it back in the day doing the rounds.

Evo1883

No I think that was the 3.3 game after we were 3.1 up, Wallace got 2 late goals from memory. Another occasion was after we gave them a smaller allocation for some reason. We were already on the pitch and they came on. It went toe to toe for about 10 mins. There was a police video of it back in the day doing the rounds.
Police horses on the pitch the lot , cov fans never ran at all ,they all ran over to Leeds fans

I can't believe I'm going to admit this , but I cried as I was scared 🤣🤣🤣 had never seen that before that day.. was 11

PVA

I remember the Pompey game, I was 11 and it was the first time going to a game on my own. First and last for a while, my mum was furious 🤣

Nick

Administrator
The fella the other week should have been thrown out ten minutes in to the first half.
Absolute nuisance who was drinking in his seat and refused to stop, don't think many clubs stewards would have allowed him to remain in the ground.
Was inevitable he was going to do something really stupid.

One other thing is how people gang up on stewards. Remember a couple of years ago somebody was taken out and all the fans around started kicking off too.

There aren't many who get kicked out for causing trouble in the stands, drinking at their seats etc.

Blackpool away one of our fans lobbed a bottle on the pitch when we scored. Why?

Some of the stewards as you go up the steps from the concourse barely know what day it is. They aren't going to argue.

Reactions: AOM

Brighton Sky Blue

I remember the Pompey game, I was 11 and it was the first time going to a game on my own. First and last for a while, my mum was furious 🤣

Same age, mine took me and my brother. Remember little except Peter Crouch falling over himself

100 miles from Cov.

The Leeds trouble was last game of the season just before Euro 96. We stayed up on goal difference with Saints and Man City went down. City fans ran on the pitch to celebrate staying up and Leeds decided to have a go. Police horses were used to separate the groups. I expected the paper the day after to have pictures of it but believe it was suppressed due to England hosting the European Championships a few weeks later. Didn’t want any bad press about English hooligans.

Sick Boy

Police horses on the pitch the lot , cov fans never ran at all ,they all ran over to Leeds fans

I can't believe I'm going to admit this , but I cried as I was scared 🤣🤣🤣 had never seen that before that day.. was 11
There was definitely a game vs Leeds where loads of our lot quickly ran off the pitch

bigfatronssba

I'm thinking of a different one then. This was in the 90s.

I think Wallace left City several years before I was born :ROFLMAO:

Gynnsthetonic

I think that was 96 when Cov ran over to Leeds and a mass free for all on the pitch. Leeds 92 and Sheff Utd around the same time ran towards the West End

Sick Boy

Wasn’t the 3-3 when we conceded a pathetic goal in the final minute from a backpass?

Ash

Quick question, and probably a silly one, but do the scanners at the turnstiles pick up barcode images on your phone? In other words, can I get in using my phone without having to print the ticket out?

hill83

I remember it, I was behind the goal in the west terrace. I had to grab my dad to stop him piling onto the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread