Ticket office is still amateur (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Trying to buy two tickets for the Sheff Wed game for family who are visiting at Christmas.

Online sales showing only single tickets left. The corner blocks have still not been released. Why?

I will keep checking back and will buy the tickets once the block opens up, but how many other people are wanting to buy tickets but will just assume its sold out and won't check again?

Adge

Just done the same. Family coming up for Christmas and had to buy 6 singles as there was not many showing, so naturally thought that was the only availability.

EalingSB

Just logged in to buy three. Wanted to get the Mill but sold out and only single tickets left as others have said.

napolimp

The club have always held seats back for walk ups though. I guess there are people who will expect to be able to turn up on the day and get a ticket, and it will cause issues if you have a load of ticketless people turning up to a sold out match.

bigfatronssba

The club have always held seats back for walk ups though. I guess there are people who will expect to be able to turn up on the day and get a ticket, and it will cause issues if you have a load of ticketless people turning up to a sold out match.

Against Norwich they opened up the whole corner for sales, and then put the walk ups in blocks 4 & 5

fernandopartridge

But this far ahead it's easy enough to advertise the match as all ticket

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

This is where we have to decide what level we want to operate at. There's been this big push to have us viewed as a successful team, especially with off the pitch stuff. If we want to be selling out games and maximising revenue we need to take any chance we can. Like @fernandopartridge said just advertise it well. Club website, emails etc. and then buy advertising space in the city centre where people who don't necessarily use computers might see it. Big posters at the club shops and use the screen outside the arena on JH Way.

fernandopartridge

In the Highfield Road days the boxing day match was invariably all ticket, it's not a new thing really that you get better crowds over the Christmas period. Further, with 19k season ticket holders surely it's anticipated.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The idea of holding back tickets is mad. If 6 want to come up, look on the website see only single ticketsI don't think they will buy them but if all areas of the ground are open for sale they get the chance to buy 6.Sell as many as you can beforehand and if you sell out great.Two days before the game warn people that there are only "x" number of seats left and let them decide if they went to take the risk a sell out would be good publicty.
As for selling of tickets only got to think back to any big game with only 2 selling in the office and 1 selling over the phone.Trying to sell thousands of tickets with just 3 doing it,Madness.

napolimp

The idea of holding back tickets is mad. If 6 want to come up, look on the website see only single ticketsI don't think they will buy them but if all areas of the ground are open for sale they get the chance to buy 6.Sell as many as you can beforehand and if you sell out great.Two days before the game warn people that there are only "x" number of seats left and let them decide if they went to take the risk a sell out would be good publicty.
As for selling of tickets only got to think back to any big game with only 2 selling in the office and 1 selling over the phone.Trying to sell thousands of tickets with just 3 doing it,Madness.

I agree.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

While they are sorting things out finally do something about this segregation area.Come friday night people won't have seats and these 3 blocks will still be sitting empty.

aviles

Does anybody know how to get in touch with someone at the ticket office on the phone. The numbers I have found online ring out.

I’m a season ticket holder that lives in South wales, I have some friends that want to come to the Birmingham game and I want to see if I can move my seat to sit with them. Anyone know if this can be done online?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Does anybody know how to get in touch with someone at the ticket office on the phone. The numbers I have found online ring out.

I’m a season ticket holder that lives in South wales, I have some friends that want to come to the Birmingham game and I want to see if I can move my seat to sit with them. Anyone know if this can be done online?
I have done it myself but at the T.O. Hope someone comes up with a solution.Best of luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread