Thomas quality (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

For me he has shown real quality when he has come on and think he must start in place of Fleck or Bailey.
As we get one or two back fit again it serves as a reminder we have great depth in this league. Makes us one of the favourites for promotion.
I believe Bailey has a knock anyway? Thomas was everywhere when he came on, appeared to have time on the ball, and was in the oppos penalty box plenty too. He is a different class at this level.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Am

I like the fact that when Thomas came on against Preston he wasn't afraid to get stuck into challenges sometime Bailey looks to pull out of the tough ones although he did pick up an injury however bailey on the ball still edges a start when fit over thomas...

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd play him alongside bailey in midfield in place of Jennings, Thomas seems to have a good knack of picking up second balls in the middle third of the pitch

Mucca Mad Boys

I rate him, if Bailey isn't 100% I'd start CT4, if everyone is 100% I'd play Bailey and Thomas in the central midfield roles.

Perryccfc

Wouldn't drop Jennings. Probably most under-rated player in the team in my opinion. Cracking little player

Sky Blue Sheepy

I still don't think 1 good pass a game validates Baileys place in the team. Sloppy in possession when compared to Jennings and pulls out of tackles. Jennings and Thomas for me with Fleck/Sheffers behind the striker.

Astute

What is the use of having attacking minded players if you don't play ball winning players like Jennings and Bailey?

You need a balance in a team where you can stop your opponents from scoring as well as being able to score yourself. Or do some have a better idea of what would work than MR :whistle:

sky blue john

What is the use of having attacking minded players if you don't play ball winning players like Jennings and Bailey?

You need a balance in a team where you can
stop your opponents from scoring as well as being able to score yourself. Or do some have a better idea of what would work than MR :whistle:

Spot on Astute MR seas the players everyday and its funny but i currently trust his judgement over anyone on here !!!

Diehard Si

I just love that we are debating who should be in the team, rather than worrying who we have to pick.

Good competition in midfield now. Robins has clearly been working on Fleck and he's looking a lot better and fitter. You know you will get good delivery from him.
The fact we had Moussa and Thomas on the bench on Thurs was a massive plus. They both heavily influenced the game ( as did Elliott). It meant we had tactical subs, not just replacing tired legs with a less rated player.

D

Deleted member 4232

I still don't think 1 good pass a game validates Baileys place in the team. Sloppy in possession when compared to Jennings and pulls out of tackles. Jennings and Thomas for me with Fleck/Sheffers behind the striker.

This. I like Bailey and all that, but he wasn't very good on Thursday. Thomas coming on, was massive for us. I'd like to see Jennings and Thomas create more of an understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread