This team will be better than the 22/23 team (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

With 2 or 3 more players , this team will go above and beyond that of the 22/23 season

The foundations of this team are far superior already , the squad already in a better shape and we can see already how hard we can be to beat .. we've also seen when we turn it on we can be a real threat, several new signings looking above what previous squads of ours were at this level , you'd argue the back line is the best it's been under Robins entire tenure ..

We are a team for the future no doubt
Next season I predict will be a good one

Exciting

Voice_of_Reason

With 2 or 3 more players , this team will go above and beyond that of the 22/23 season

The foundations of this team are far superior already , the squad already in a better shape and we can see already how hard we can be to beat .. we've also seen when we turn it on we can be a real threat, several new signings looking above what previous squads of ours were at this level , you'd argue the back line is the best it's been under Robins entire tenure ..

Exciting
Agreed. MR said we are on a journey. Most realize this, including the players, confirmed by Bobby Thomas in his post match interview yesterday. It is exiting. The players we bought in were not for a quick fix, but for development. Next season looks like we will be up there with the best.

Terry_dactyl

Exciting
Yeah. It’s exciting. I think Simms and Wright are showing why we bought them.
I really hope that Binks stays past January, as I think we need him as backup in this system.
O’hare staying would be a real boon.

Tommo1993

Yep. Behind this 100% mate.

As said last night, this is a season of building and consolidation. If we surge, very good, but I’m not expecting it. Like you, next season, I’m expecting a good one. We have some very good players already yet to fulfill potential.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Exciting

With 2 or 3 players…. like saying Gemma Collins would be really fit if she lost 9 stone.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Do you think we will not add to the squad over the next 8 months ? There's you're answer really

Already stated the squad is better In many respects , and we're improving

I think we needed to add more in the summer and already have a Hamer replacement in the wings. So we need a centre forward that can score and a box to box midfielder - so just the spine of the team then effectively

Gyokeres and Hamer piss all over anything in the current squad. Still massive doubts over Haji Wright and to suggest he’s better than Gyokeres would be laughable.

There has been some positive signs in recent weeks but I wouldn’t get carried away.

This side won’t get in the play offs. So it can’t be ‘as good if not better’.

wingy

I think we needed to add more in the summer and already have a Hamer replacement in the wings. So we need a centre forward that can score and a box to box midfielder - so just the spine of the team then effectively

Gyokeres and Hamer piss all over anything in the current squad. Still massive doubts over Haji Wright and to suggest he’s better than Gyokeres would be laughable.

There has been some positive signs in recent weeks but I wouldn’t get carried away.

Exactly,, maybe view things through a two year window?

Evo1883

" this team will be better "

" this team is better "

Basic stuff really mate sorry

pusbccfc

Within time and with more money spent. We're still well below the levels of last year but it's improving.

After 22 games last season (following the 1-0 win against West Brom), we were 1 point off the play offs. We are currently 8 and probably 9 off the 6th after West Brom play later.

It's coming together and some of the players previously struggling are settling.

Gibbo

WE keep forgetting the loans - BCN, McNally and Doyle were really good. Kitching is clearly of that standard, but regarding Thomas the jury remains out.

The current team have three/four top quality or potential top quality - Callum, Saka, MvE and Kitching. It is not enough for top 2.

I also have a cod theory that the last two seasons the big money was not being spent post Covid. We were able to compete on our low budget. The money is now being spent and even clubs like Watford and Norwich are finding it a struggle to get in the top 6. Our side may be better, but others have also improved.

Evo1883

I like the current team but to suggest this team is better than one that had Hamer and Gyokeres in it is a bit premature

This team will be better than 22/23 no doubt in my mind , it isn't currently doing as well as that team but the league is far tougher , the players havent been together as long and we had the best player in the division up top ..

I imagine with a couple of additions and more time playing together this team will surpass that of last seasons, but it will be next season where we see the big improvement imo ..

The foundations are already better , several players better than their previous counterpart and the squad alot deeper ..

That's the thread

covcity4life

I would agree with OP. No one says we have to be better within one window. But the foundations are there now.

Next few years should be interesting but don't sleep on this season. Where were we this time last year?

Collins Kithcing Thomas mve saka wright Simms all have potential to be massive for us now and in future.

steve cooper

I remember having a similar conversation with a poster on here in March last season. HDW I think it was, whereby their argument was that we were chasing 6th position at best and anyway we didn't have the squad depth.
Absolutely no one can predict where we will finish this early in the season, and that should have been clear from last year.

clint van damme

Gyokeres and Hamer were exceptional players that don't come along too often and were never going to be here for a long time barring us getting promoted.

It was always going to take a couple of windows to rebuild once they'd gone.

The signs are there we're doing it but there a good way to go yet.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

This team will be better than 22/23 no doubt in my mind , it isn't currently doing as well as that team but the league is far tougher , the players havent been together as long and we had the best player in the division up top ..

I imagine with a couple of additions and more time playing together this team will surpass that of last seasons, but it will be next season where we see the big improvement imo ..

The foundations are already better , several players better than their previous counterpart and the squad alot deeper ..

That's the thread

" this team will be better "

" this team is better "

Basic stuff really mate sorry

In its current format, no it won’t be better. You’ve left yourself the helpful caveat of ‘if we signed 2/3 players’ but unless those players are Gyokeres and Hamer, we won’t be better, now or in the next season.

Evo1883

In its current format, no it won’t be better. You’ve left yourself the helpful caveat of ‘if we signed 2/3 players’ but unless those players are Gyokeres and Hamer, we won’t be better, now or in the next season.

But that's insane nonsense suggesting that the team around them or the squad as a whole don't influence results .. we can be better as a team and do better no doubt ..

The foundations are already better and the squad is already deeper with more quality as a whole

clint van damme

It's not really a caveat he's put in, we clearly need a box to box midfielder and had Hamer gone pre season I think we'd have signed one, I expect us to recruit one in the next window or two but I doubt he'll be as good as Gus because those players don't come along too often.

Evo1883

It's not really a caveat he's put in, we clearly need a box to box midfielder and had Hamer gone pre season I think we'd have signed one, I expect us to recruit one in the next window or two but I doubt he'll be as good as Gus because those players don't come along too often.

This also doesn't mean we can't have a better team and squad just because 1 or 2 players aren't as good when several others are an improvement

rob9872

It's simple for me. We had 2 outstanding players, who were that good after a couple of years of coaching and experience. We all expected the replacements to be equal which is unfair on them or the recruitment as if they were then the values would reflect that too. We're still hopeful that they can become just as good but that's for next season. Overall we have improved.

Look at MVE v Dabo it's day and night. At centre back we might not have Callum Doyle but we didn't own him and have definitely upgraded on Rose and Hyam.

We'll be good again, but I think it might be next season before we bear fruit.

The easiest way to explain imo is add Hamer and Vik to the side we currently have and how much better do you think we'd be? I believe that would be challenging autos which tells you how much we've improved.

clint van damme

This also doesn't mean we can't have a better team and squad just because 1 or 2 players aren't as good when several others are an improvement

And are mainly permanent signings. Our two CBs, who were superb yesterday, won't be returning to their parent clubs in the summer, which is a huge bonus, we can concentrate on strengthening the areas that need strengthening and not scratting aroung for more loanees.

clint van damme

It's simple fir me. We had 2 outstanding players, who were that good after a couple of years of coaching and experience. We all expected the replacements to be equal which is unfair on them or the recruitment as if they were then the values would reflect that too. We're still hopeful that they can become just as good but that's for next season. Overall we have improved.

The easiest way to explain imo is add Hamer and Vik to the side we currently have and how much better do you think we'd be? I believe that would be challenging autos which tells you how much we've improved.

Really good points

covcity4life

It's simple for me. We had 2 outstanding players, who were that good after a couple of years of coaching and experience. We all expected the replacements to be equal which is unfair on them or the recruitment as if they were then the values would reflect that too. We're still hopeful that they can become just as good but that's for next season. Overall we have improved.

Look at MVE v Dabo it's day and night. At centre back we might not have Callum Doyle but we didn't own him and have definitely upgraded on Rose and Hyam.

We'll be good again, but I think it might be next season before we bear fruit.

Exactly. It's about getting better every window

Godden and Allen would be the next 2 I would replace personally with upgrades as they are at their ceiling. Note I said upgrades not that I want them out at all costs desperately.

Eccles will get better as young. We have enough cbs. Still would like a proper back up RB altho Eccles and lati can do a job so not a priority.

1b2b
2 wingers

This window

Maybe 3 in 3 out next summer and you have to imagine we have one of best squads in the league that year.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think the other thing people have missed, is that a lot of the current crop are on decent length contracts, which means that we won't be under pressure to sell anyone in the summer (unless silly money is offered) That is why I am so confident that next season we will be a very strong team in this division (assuming we don't somehow achieve the unthinkable via the play offs this season).

Users who are viewing this thread