This could be best ever World Cup (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Really enjoying this tournament as it's so open and the favourites to win it could be in for a shock.
The Dutch look good as do France and we still have Germany and Portugal to play yet.
So whoever said he thought this was going to be a crap World Cup was so wrong.

turlykerd

Well.... Venice mayor resigns in corruption scandle and turns out they haven't mastered the art of erectile dysfunction correctional procedures resulting in massive lawsuits...... Just sayin :)

bringbackrattles

Want England to get to at least the Quarter finals but it's going to be fingernail biting stuff on Thursday night.
You watch goofy teethed diver Suarez score or do something to niggle us !

Otis

Want England to get to at least the Quarter finals but it's going to be fingernail biting stuff on Thursday night.

I'm confident we can take at least a point.

Really want Hodgson to set out the stall to attack. No sitting back, playing deep, showing caution etc. Really want us to go for it.

If we go out all guns blazing and lose, so be it, but at least we will have given it a bit of a go. Suarez may well play but he's not going to be 100% for sure. Let's not worry about Suarez anyway and concentrate on what we can do at the other end of the pitch.

I'm not nervous at all. My attitude is 'bring it on!'

turlykerd

goofy teethed diver RACIST Suarez ......

who just happens to be a fuckin world class genius....

my plan would be to put out a full team of black players singin james brown to really piss him off

bringbackrattles

goofy teethed diver RACIST Suarez ......

who just happens to be a fuckin world class genius....

my plan would be to put out a full team of black players singin james brown to really piss him off
Yes he is good but as Otis says we need to worry about ourselves and just continue to attack and go for it.
Our defence is shaky though so that needs tightening up,but we have the firepower I reckon to cause their wobbly defence problems too. Rooney on the bench and Lallana or Lambert with Sturridge.

Otis

Don't quite get this fear of Uruguay.

Costa Rica certainly weren't scared of them and just like any other team they have frailties. In the last couple of years or so we have beaten Spain and drawn with Brazil and at the end of the day it is just a game of 11 v 11 and so surely we are surely capable of getting a result on Thursday.

What chance were Greece given when they won the European Championships? Look at Spain, Euro Champions, World Champions, yet humbled 5-1 against Holland.

I'm not interested in Suarez, I am more concerned about Sturridge and Sterling and Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana.

To me this is all about tactics and having the correct game plan. Get that right and of course we can beat Uruguay.

wingy

Don't quite get this fear of Uruguay.

Costa Rica certainly weren't scared of them and just like any other team they have frailties. In the last couple of years or so we have beaten Spain and drawn with Brazil and at the end of the day it is just a game of 11 v 11 and so surely we are surely capable of getting a result on Thursday.

What chance were Greece given when they won the European Championships? Look at Spain, Euro Champions, World Champions, yet humbled 5-1 against Holland.

I'm not interested in Suarez, I am more concerned about Sturridge and Sterling and Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana.

To me this is all about tactics and having the correct game plan. Get that right and of course we can beat Uruguay.

It's all about belief really,Isn't It?

Take the Kids ,they're full of It ,but Is that enough ?

Look at the way Jonston has lost It ,he just doen't want to take them on like he used to ,Backwards/sideways ,anyway but bloody forward .

We have lost the Ox ,I don't think Wilshire has It In terms of end product.

Henderson Can Be influential but not in a deep role ,that Is why Lallana should play IMO.

Otis

It's all about belief really,Isn't It?

Take the Kids ,they're full of It ,but Is that enough ?

Look at the way Jonston has lost It ,he just doen't want to take them on like he used to ,Backwards/sideways ,anyway but bloody forward .

We have lost the Ox ,I don't think Wilshire has It In terms of end product.

Henderson Can Be influential but not in a deep role ,that Is why Lallana should play IMO.

Ox is fit for Thursday isn't he? That's the last news I heard. Back in training, fit for Thursday.

Otis

That's what Hodgson has said.

I really like Wilshere. I think he's a really good player. Just his fitness that is the issue I feel.

For me Ox and Sterling down the flanks would scare any opposition to death.

Otis

You're right we need to remain upbeat and positive.It's going to be a cup tie and we need to win it as I think a draw will not be enough ?

I think so too. A draw and a win and I think we'll be through.

This is England all over and England fans all over. Very dismissive, very cautious, very un-optimisitc.

I don't think we will win the competition, but see no reason why we can't reach the quarter-finals or at a push even the semi's. Get there and then anything can happen.

You have to be positive and you have to give it your best shot.

turlykerd

oh, i totally agree about nothing to fear...if we cant beat ur-a-gay then we should just pack our bags and go home.

but i expect we will ....

now just the rubbish prospect of a crappy Germany v Portugal game lol

wingy

oh, i totally agree about nothing to fear...if we cant beat ur-a-gay then we should just pack our bags and go home.

but i expect we will ....

now just the rubbish prospect of a crappy Germany v Portugal game lol

Game over for Portugal.

Otis

Anyone bear witness to the very bad defending for the USA's first goal last night.

Dear me was that a piss poor, half hearted attempt at a tackle.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Yeah, I thought Dempsey's first touch was awful too so it was lucky he did it in front of the world's second meekest defender (after me). Lovely finish though, and what a kit.

Covstu

The Iran game was painful last night, there always has to be one shite game in the tournament!

turlykerd

Oh shit .... I've had to put up with hours of homer Simpson style "U.S.A" chants last night , and on tv here,they are all talking about in ten years your going to remember where you were when John brooks scored the winner.... Its as if they've won the fuckin world cup already ....jeeeeeze

ccfc92

we can easily get to the quarters. No matter wether we finish 1st or 2nd, we play group c winners/runners up. Thats : Columbia, Ivory Coast, Japan and Greece.

all 4 teams very beatable, then we play the group A (Brazils group) and Group B Netherlands/ Spain last 16 winners in the quarters.

So quarters is easily achievable IMO, C'mon England :D

Users who are viewing this thread