Things that Tim must wish he'd never said (1 Viewer)

kmj5000

It's a shame that Joy appears to have pulled the plug on Tim as there won't be any more of these gems, which include:

We've identified 2/3 groundshare sites in the West Midlands.

I expect 3000 fans to go and 7-8000 if we are doing well.

I would like to announce all the plans we have, including the transport arrangements, but the League won't let us.

We have identified 2/3 sites for the new stadium and we expect to complete a purchase in the next 6 weeks.

We would like to publish the results of fans' survey but the league won't let us.

The accounts are a mess.

The ship has sailed.

We have moved on.

Not until they give us our 10 points back.

The new stadium will have a capacity of 16000. I don't know where this figure of 12000 came from?

The new stadium will be closer to the city centre than the Ricoh.

The auditors are in now and the accounts will be filed in a few weeks.

Can you think of any others?

Some I forgot and others which have since been posted:

'
"We'll take the JH statue and move the remembrance garden"

"They should build a statue of Joy"

"Standard business practice"

All classics!

Last edited:

jesus-wept

As for Mrs Fisher probably "I do"

skybluetony176

what was the gem he spouting about the club having no debt, just before it came to light that they owed over a £1m in rent and now we are in debt for the tune of £60m, apparently.

torchomatic

Just sign there Mr Robins.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

RoboCCFC90

You missed the best one "Two Turkeys, don't Eagle make" sound words there from Tim Fisher..

torchomatic

He annoys me with the "that's a good question" line when he's being interviewed.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Tank Top

"Thank You Joy I'll be delighted to accept the post, and don't be concerned about the attendances, they'll be back in their droves in a matter of weeks, I guarantee it,...... "Trust me"

TurkeyTrot

Whether we like it or not the guy is doing his job, it can't be easy trying to justify all that's gone on because the reality is he can't. I'm sure he's having to follow orders and attempting to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Don't feel sorry for him mind, he's getting paid well to be up there to be shot at.

shmmeee

Whether we like it or not the guy is doing his job, it can't be easy trying to justify all that's gone on because the reality is he can't. I'm sure he's having to follow orders and attempting to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Don't feel sorry for him mind, he's getting paid well to be up there to be shot at.

He doesn't have to take the attitude he has though. Insensitive doesn't cover it. The guy dishes enough out, he deserves anything he gets back (within reason).

TurkeyTrot

He doesn't have to take the attitude he has though. Insensitive doesn't cover it. The guy dishes enough out, he deserves anything he gets back (within reason).

Maybe that's the tactic, a long time back, after speaking to the Portsmouth trust guys they said the most effective way to fight is to forget about personalities and deal with the main issue. We haven't done that as fans have we? (Well some have but not many) and somewhere in all this mess the behaviour of SISU to has certain level has become acceptable because they are a hedge fund and that's what hedge funds do. It's ok to attempt to distress another company to get its assets on the cheap, it's ok to threaten anyone and everyone with litigation, it's ok to tie bodies up in litigation with minimal chance of winning, it's ok to be economical with the truth when it suits and the list goes on because that's what hedge funds do.
SISU are morally bankrupt, but that ok because that's what hedge funds are.
Instead we call Mr Fisher and JS all the names we can think of and if that is the case he's winning hands down.
Just my opinion of course.

NorthernWisdom

Maybe that's the tactic, a long time back, after speaking to the Portsmouth trust guys they said the most effective way to fight is to forget about personalities and deal with the main issue.

Agreed.

We've seen ourselves how focussing on the person allows a get-out anyway, all the focus on Richardson and then McGinnity meant the 'new brooms' were welcomed in, even though they were part of the same!

Ashdown1

Maybe that's the tactic, a long time back, after speaking to the Portsmouth trust guys they said the most effective way to fight is to forget about personalities and deal with the main issue. We haven't done that as fans have we? (Well some have but not many) and somewhere in all this mess the behaviour of SISU to has certain level has become acceptable because they are a hedge fund and that's what hedge funds do. It's ok to attempt to distress another company to get its assets on the cheap, it's ok to threaten anyone and everyone with litigation, it's ok to tie bodies up in litigation with minimal chance of winning, it's ok to be economical with the truth when it suits and the list goes on because that's what hedge funds do.
Instead we call Mr Fisher and JS all the names we can think of and if that is the case he's winning hands down.

Good post, your recognition of exactly what these turgid organisations do is important and indicative of why so many of us will not follow them or support them with our own cash.

GaryPendrysEyes

Great post.
What makes it even worse is that many of their actions are directed against Coventry and Coventrians in one way or another.

Snozz_is_god

A perfect reminder TurkeyTrot as to why I will never set foot in Sixfileds.

Sky Blue Kid

TurkeyTrot....."Don't feel sorry for him mind, he's getting paid well to be up there to be shot at.".......................................Don't worry...I won't!

SonOfSnoz

To be fair, we don't know all the facts!
What we do know, is since Joy has been more involved,
the team has been remarkable!
An unknown rubbish Skyblue player has transformed the team, ala Fergie. He was a crap player too!
Sisu don't spend much but get quality for the little it does spend!
I like SP talking about the new Skyblue DNA.
How they get players on trial & only sign the best!
How players on trial are kept hidden.
How they quickly sign up promising youngsters!
We have gone a long way since Ranson came to the club.
But CCFC is NOT NTFC, granted!

Astute

To be fair, we don't know all the facts!
What we do know, is since Joy has been more involved,
the team has been remarkable!
An unknown rubbish Skyblue player has transformed the team, ala Fergie. He was a crap player too!
Sisu don't spend much but get quality for the little it does spend!
I like SP talking about the new Skyblue DNA.
How they get players on trial & only sign the best!
How players on trial are kept hidden.
How they quickly sign up promising youngsters!
We have gone a long way since Ranson came to the club.
But CCFC is NOT NTFC, granted!

This is down to Waggott and not Joy or Timothy

dongonzalos

This club has had too many managers something like 12 in 11 years.

That needs to stop we need consistency

After Mr Fisher said this in one season we had three permanent managers and two temporary managers in one season!!!!!

dadgad

Fisher is the arrogant messenger who talks a conniving mixture of bullshit, hot air and bollox.
But that is all he is.
We would do well to focus on the issues and NOT the personality.

shmmeee

And a good opinion it is.

To be honest, I think threads like this and posts of a similar ilk are a natural outcome of a group of people feeling powerless. To please NW I'll make a WW2 reference, it's like Hitler's Only Got One Ball.

It may not serve the overall strategic aim directly, but it keeps the troops spirits up when things seem tough. It's the job of people far better connected and in the know than the majority on here to actually do anything, we can only do so much. So whilst I agree that groups like the Trust and the pressure groups should be keeping an eye on the ball, us plebs can only really turn up/not turn up to protests/matches. Good work is being done there, let us have our fun ;)

Users who are viewing this thread