Things that annoy you (14 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

What the hell is this shit on bbc 1 some weird bloke (I think) who has grumio’s haircut.

oakey

People who can't make time to meet / cancel at last minute all year who then spend Christmas / New year sending celebratory memes, love you lots, must get together soon, you're so special, kisses etc.

Bitter, moi?
Happy new year, SBA, PUSB

Nick

Administrator
People who can't make time to meet / cancel at last minute all year who then spend Christmas / New year sending celebratory memes, love you lots, must get together soon, you're so special, kisses etc.

Bitter, moi?
Happy new year, SBA, PUSB
Must catch up for coffee sometime

Nick

Administrator
Never got the whole obsession with opposition fans saying how good fans are.

Every week you see the same fans saying "Best fans we have had" with a picture of the away fans. Then those fans are excited because a fan of the other team saying they were the best.

Just get a fucking room.

Terry Gibson's perm

Never got the whole obsession with opposition fans saying how good fans are.

Every week you see the same fans saying "Best fans we have had" with a picture of the away fans. Then those fans are excited because a fan of the other team saying they were the best.

Just get a fucking room.

Up there with half and half scarves and those give me your shirt signs.

Nick

Administrator
Up there with half and half scarves and those give me your shirt signs.

"x fans were class, all the best for the season"

giphy.gif

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Actor Tom Hardy's accent. What is it ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Made up. I seem to recall a video of him when he was younger where he spoke completely differently
Seems to want to be a bit dis and dat but can't quite commit.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've noticed a lot of adverts are like it now. People who generally can't speak properly or go over the top on regional accents.
Theres a geezer on the BBC who does the voice overs to advertise up and coming programmes who speaks with what I call a deliberate "black" BBC accent and says * Casualeee at naaan fureeeee tonight on BBC 1 "
As well.as not pronouncing the letter T , the BBC and other main channels seem to think that all black people speak this way .

Then again, if you think about it there wouldn't be much point in having the likes of Clive Myrie or George Alagiah doing voiceovers would there ? They simply speak the right way.

Last edited:

stay_up_skyblues

Theres a geezer on the BBC who does the voice overs to advertise up and coming programmes who speaks with what I call a deliberate "black" BBC accent and says * Casualeee at naaan fureeeee tonight on BBC 1 "
As well.as not pronouncing the letter T , the BBC and other main channels seem to think that all black people speak this way .
Then again, if you think about it there wouldn't be much point in having the likes of Clive Myrie or George Alagiah doing voiceovers would there ? They don't fit the agenda.

Or maybe he just speaks like that.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Or maybe he just speaks like that.
Of course he does. That's why the BBC want him on. I want someone who pronounces Casualty in the right way. Is it so difficult to pronounce a T ?
Perhaps they can't find anyone .

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course he does. That's why the BBC want him on. I want someone who pronounces Casualty in the right way. Is it so difficult to pronounce a T ?
Perhaps they can't find anyone .

Football commentators have been doing that for years to sound hard. Just like George Osborne did when representing his ‘northern’ (Cheshire) constituency.

ajsccfc

Any time I hear someone leave out the letter T it reminds me of Don Goodman always wheeled out to commentate on Covenree matches

fernandopartridge

First day back at work 22 months now into mandatory home working, if this is the future in my line of work I might look for a change in career.

I'm no Colin Hunt but work without being able to have a chat and a bit of a craic with your workmates is a dismal experience.

Nick

Administrator
First day back at work 22 months now into mandatory home working, if this is the future in my line of work I might look for a change in career.

I'm no Colin Hunt but work without being able to have a chat and a bit of a craic with your workmates is a dismal experience.

I dont think I could do it. If I did there wouldn't be as much work done.

Even just the routine of it all too.

ajsccfc

Sky tried similar, we were being charged £37pm last Feb and it crept up since and was eventually going to top out at £72 next month. I contacted them to cancel and they offered me £56 and then £48 which was the very lowest they could after speaking with their manager/putting me on hold and counting to 30. I was actually quite happy to cancel so wasn't bothered, magically they were then able to put it back down to the Feb 21 price. It'd be great if there were any companies who didn't want to do this whole charade every time

Skybluefaz

Sky tried similar, we were being charged £37pm last Feb and it crept up since and was eventually going to top out at £72 next month. I contacted them to cancel and they offered me £56 and then £48 which was the very lowest they could after speaking with their manager/putting me on hold and counting to 30. I was actually quite happy to cancel so wasn't bothered, magically they were then able to put it back down to the Feb 21 price. It'd be great if there were any companies who didn't want to do this whole charade every time
Yes I've done the same thing with Virgin for a couple of years. Now though I'm just gonna switch to broadband only. We really don't need TV anymore when we mainly watch Netflix and Disney plus. Also have prime. Part of the increase means that we can leave at no cost so going to £25 a month broadband with Sky down from £87 with virgin.

ajsccfc

If you're actually willing to drop the service and leave it must come through in your voice, there have been times I've been angling for a sweet deal and never got it but was quite happy this time to ditch the lot and just get one of those Freeview HDR boxes instead.

Users who are viewing this thread