They think it's all over ? (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

It is now.so the ricoh will now be in the history books of ccfc as a ground we once played at and we will now be playing in northampton.I hope the boycott will go ahead but I can see the fans starting to come back once the season starts.so now it comes down to how much we want our club back.do we roll over and let sisu dictate the future of our club or do we take our club back.A new ccfc surely is the answer, but when it comes down to it could we turn our back on the club to start a new one ? I'm not sure the majority of fans would be willing to do that?

mrbluesky87

Even though I expect more fans to attend as the seasons go by, it will never get to silly high's, if anything I can see more residents of Northampton attending then CCFC fans. Lets say in 3 years the attendances stand at 5k, thats hardly going to set the world alight. If we were to start a new team I can see us averaging 5k in 3 years if not more thus It would not take long to become better supported than the Northampton 2nd 11. I for one want CCFC back but if thats just not going to happen then I would be more than happy to see a new CCFC rise from the Ashes.

Manchester_sky_blue

I just dont see how a new CCFC would work, we would have to start so low down the leagues that it would take decade just to get to decent non-league level, sustaining fan interest over that time would be very difficult. Thats why I think it would be better to support the Sphinx, at least they have a structure in place, with bigger crowds and more cash they could get somewhere.

hutch1972

It is now.so the ricoh will now be in the history books of ccfc as a ground we once played at and we will now be playing in northampton.I hope the boycott will go ahead but I can see the fans starting to come back once the season starts.so now it comes down to how much we want our club back.do we roll over and let sisu dictate the future of our club or do we take our club back.A new ccfc surely is the answer, but when it comes down to it could we turn our back on the club to start a new one ? I'm not sure the majority of fans would be willing to do that?
I would never support another ccfc while the current one is playing but should it cease to exist then yes !
Although i will never travel to Northampton they will continue to be my club. I feel sorry for the kids more than anything, i have spent thousands making them into sky blues only for this to happen.
How many of the next generation fans play on a sunday am/pm for them it will be a straight choice of watch or play, a very sad choice to have to make.

quinn1971

I couldn't see me following us in non league either. Just a thought but when we were close to the playoffs last season and had 32, 000 for the jpt it wasn't that bad a season.There was the odd half hearted " sisu out " protest but things weren't that bad.I think if we could have stayed at the ricoh this season at least, we wouldn't have been far off the play offs again. .who knows we could have even sneaked back into the champs . Don't think it would have mattered then who owned us..IF ONLY ?

The Reverend Skyblue

SISU are now so despised that even with a new ground hardly anyone will go. SISU have done irreparable damage to the relationship with the fans, fans who will never ever forgive them for all the lies ,deceit ,moving the club, and above all the contempt and disdain they have treated them with, this will never be forgiven by the majority.

Let them build this Ikea stadium, they will never come in the numbers for it ever to show any profit, and that will all be down to the loathing the fans have for SISU.

Another word for contempt is Odium, change just one letter and guess what you get !!

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

SISU are now so despised that even with a new ground hardly anyone will go. SISU have done irreparable damage to the relationship with the fans who will never ever forgive them for all the lies ,deceit ,moving the club, and above all the contempt and disdain they have treated the fans, this will never be forgiven by the majority.

Let them build this Ikea stadium, they will never come in the numbers for it ever to show any profit, and that will all be down to the loathing the fans have for SISU.

Another word for contempt is Odium, change just one letter and guess what you get !!

I feel the same, I cant see me going to see SISU FC at the new plastic stadium. Too much damage done. The window of opportunity to re-engage the fan base is rapidly shrinking.

saltaire bantam

.A new ccfc surely is the answer, but when it comes down to it could we turn our back on the club to start a new one ?

Two things and no disrespect intended.

You (the followers of a sky blue kitted out team representing the City of Coventry) are the club. You can't turn your back on yourself! It's just a case of taking playing matters into your own hands for a short (hopefully) period. No FA rule is hard and fast, that has been proved many times, a Coventry 1883 or whatever it would be called would start nowhere near where a "normal" new club would start. How many ST's you sold would help dictate which level you started at, my guess is Conference North/South or one level below. After that it is grounds that are used to 50-100, you won't play there, it's not possible.

As a group of fans you have spent too much time "waiting to see what happens next" and every "next" proves to be worse than the one before, it's a linear bad news fiasco. Now many don't even have any football to watch next season, get a grip and start something, at worse, it'll be yours, in Coventry, at best, it'll serve a purpose.

Last edited:

mrbluesky87

Club is dead if they kick off in Northampton

Correct and that is the key. I dont buy this "while CCFC exist I would not support anyone else"

The minute that first ball is kicked at Sixfields then we should be able to get behind a new local team at the Ricoh. It could be Sphinx, United, I dont care, as long as it firmly represents the City of Coventry. A fresh start is what is needed.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

SISU are now so despised that even with a new ground hardly anyone will go. SISU have done irreparable damage to the relationship with the fans, who will never ever forgive them for all the lies ,deceit ,moving the club, and above all the contempt and disdain they have treated them with, this will never be forgiven by the majority.

I think your second point has some credibility. Fisher is reported to have believed that some fans would travel to Northampton, and that the balance would return in fits and starts. The incredibly low season ticket sales, and the strength of feeling shown at last week's march must have come as a real surprise. Yes, they'll have factored in losing some fans. Not losing 95% of the fans.

If there was ever a slither of truth that a new stadium was on the cards - and it wasn't yet another smokescreen to lever negotiations - then season ticket sales will have them thinking through such an investment.

There's no denying CCFC has cost SISU dear. I don't subscribe to the fact they're bankrolling the club out of benevolence, its the product of serial poor decisions, but to throw another tranche if cash at a stadium no one will attend. Well; its just not going to happen

hutch1972

I think your second point has some credibility. Fisher is reported to have believed that some fans would travel to Northampton, and that the balance would return in fits and starts. The incredibly low season ticket sales, and the strength of feeling shown at last week's march must have come as a real surprise. Yes, they'll have factored in losing some fans. Not losing 95% of the fans.

If there was ever a slither of truth that a new stadium was on the cards - and it wasn't yet another smokescreen to lever negotiations - then season ticket sales will have them thinking through such an investment.

There's no denying CCFC has cost SISU dear. I don't subscribe to the fact they're bankrolling the club out of benevolence, its the product of serial poor decisions, but to throw another tranche if cash at a stadium no one will attend. Well; its just not going to happen
Its their own fault for trying to get success on the cheap. Had they put money on the pitch instead of through the courts there is a good chance we may have been at the higher end of the Champ by now.
Problem is once the slide started they never had a clue how to stop it and still don't.

Spionkop

SALTAIRE BANTAM said''''

"You (the followers of a sky blue kitted out team representing the City of Coventry) are the club. You can't turn your back on yourself! It's just a case of taking playing matters into your own hands for a short (hopefully) period. No FA rule is hard and fast, that has been proved many times, a Coventry 1883 or whatever it would be called would start nowhere near where a "normal" new club would start. How many ST's you sold would help dictate which level you started at, my guess is Conference North/South or one level below. After that it is grounds that are used to 50-100, you won't play there, it's not possible."

As a group of fans you have spent too much time "waiting to see what happens next" and every "next" proves to be worse than the one before, it's a linear bad news fiasco. Now many don't even have any football to watch next season, get a grip and start something, at worse, it'll be yours, in Coventry, at best, it'll serve a purpose."
--------------------------------------------------

Saltaire Bantam, couldn't agree more with you. If we had a club in outline to present to the FA and they saw we had, let's say, 5000 season ticket holders at the Ricoh, we would be fast tracked up the leagues. Make no mistake about it.
If the club kick off at Northampton, it's still up in the air, even then it isn't the end for CCFC. We can protest, demonstrate, do the Ricoh thing, go on 'Jimmy's Hill etc etc. But what we can also do is make contingency plans for season 2014-2015. A possible new club. Maybe at the level say that Leamington are at now. Or one below. It would take some embracing, after years of Man United & Arsenal, but it would be OUR Coventry. Not in the clutches of a hedge fund. WE are CCFC.
In maybe, three or four years we could be back where we are now. Just think, a winning team, great stadium, debt free, owned by us fans.
If we could start with 5,000 season ticket holders (remember it'll be lots cheaper!) the faint hearted would soon jump on board.
The Sky Blue Trust should be working on this contingency plan. I'm sure they are.
Let's have none of this lily livered, 'I can't see me watching non-league' nonsense.
Just think of the fun watching Sisu Northampton rotting and failing and us climbing, winning promotions and killing them off. Because, lt's face it, if they are in Northampton longer than a month or so, it'll not be our CCFC anymore.
The team that plays in Coventry will be our Coventry City. We can do what Wimbledon AFC did and take back the history of their club from Franchise MK Dons.
Sailtaire, I wish you were on the board at our club.
CCFC isn't dead yet. We live we hope. But if these bastards take it from us we must take it back.

Sisu you can take your ccfc to sixfields and stick it right up your corrupt arse, iamsickofitall.com 36 years of support ruined by faceless heartless greedy b•stards, thank you!

Spionkop

I might add. The threat of a new Coventry City playing in the city must be a tactic that we can use against Sisu at the very least. If they think there is a club playing AT THE RICOH in front of at least 6,000 let's say (or more if you all get behind it) it will galvanise their minds. It's about time we played dirty as well.

J

Jack Griffin

I might add. The threat of a new Coventry City playing in the city must be a tactic that we can use against Sisu at the very least. If they think there is a club playing AT THE RICOH in front of at least 6,000 let's say (or more if you all get behind it) it will galvanise their minds. It's about time we played dirty as well.

Exactly, ACL have got to grab the bull by the horns & fight using every weapon that comes to hand.. there are no rules in a knife fight.

I know I would back it 100%

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's not over til the fat lady sings.

images

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You (the followers of a sky blue kitted out team representing the City of Coventry) are the club. You can't turn your back on yourself! It's just a case of taking playing matters into your own hands for a short (hopefully) period. No FA rule is hard and fast, that has been proved many times, a Coventry 1883 or whatever it would be called would start nowhere near where a "normal" new club would start. How many ST's you sold would help dictate which level you started at, my guess is Conference North/South or one level below. After that it is grounds that are used to 50-100, you won't play there, it's not possible.

As a group of fans you have spent too much time "waiting to see what happens next" and every "next" proves to be worse than the one before, it's a linear bad news fiasco. Now many don't even have any football to watch next season, get a grip and start something, at worse, it'll be yours, in Coventry, at best, it'll serve a purpose.

Agree with you Been a fan since a four year old 54 years ago. The minute they kick off in Northampton plan for new team for next season lowest league we will be in Southern League premier one below Conference North/ South

Spionkop

Any Trust members reading? Thoughts please.
If these latest ACL/Sisu meetings result in Northampton - forming a new club has to be on the agenda.

saltaire bantam

It's about time we played dirty as well.

Exactly, you are being shat on, again and again, and taking it! The demo was superb, the ST sales are pitiful, turn the screw and get started. :claping hands:

All you need is a somebody you trust and respect to "manage" a set up, a meet to set out a name & plan, then look for £ pledges/commitment. SISU will shit themselves, you are their asset.

SkyblueBazza

Just think about this from the other extreme for a bit...
What if SISU come up trumps with the land where nobody complains about access or how far away it is. They build a rail link to it, & the design IS in fact based upon the old Highfield Rd? Just a smaller, initially flatter standed version with the option to build a second & even third tier on each stand to raise capacity to say 60k if wanted. The atmosphere is electric, the crowds flock back the revenue is all the Clubs & is invested into the squad & we rise...& conquer division after division & we win the FA Cup again...& we are challenging for Champions League places consistently...&...hang-on...the mushrooms are wearing off!

Noggin

If we do well some fans will come back but I see little to no chance of us doing well despite a few decentish preseason games. We won't have any of the trialists to pick from and if we start on -15 you can forget any chance of the crowds increaseing.

Gary.j

I say take it back!

IMO if sisu want to breakaway from us and the city, then I don't see how it could be our club anymore, a rebirth would be a continuation of CCFC.

https://www.facebook.com/Coventry1883

Gary.j

I just dont see how a new CCFC would work, we would have to start so low down the leagues that it would take decade just to get to decent non-league level, sustaining fan interest over that time would be very difficult. Thats why I think it would be better to support the Sphinx, at least they have a structure in place, with bigger crowds and more cash they could get somewhere.

Sphinx, cov utd, Nuneaton, none of these would be a continuation of CCFC.

Yes going through the pyramid would take time, and effort, but it would be ours, and we could build it exactly the way we want it. Strength is in the foundations!

Gary.j

I'm glad you keep coming back here Saltaire, you talk so much sense!

Gary.j

Correct and that is the key. I dont buy this "while CCFC exist I would not support anyone else"

The minute that first ball is kicked at Sixfields then we should be able to get behind a new local team at the Ricoh. It could be Sphinx, United, I dont care, as long as it firmly represents the City of Coventry. A fresh start is what is needed.

The new team should be the old team, CCFC reborn and continued (just a slightly different name, chosen by us).

Gary.j

Saltaire Bantam, couldn't agree more with you. If we had a club in outline to present to the FA and they saw we had, let's say, 5000 season ticket holders at the Ricoh, we would be fast tracked up the leagues. Make no mistake about it.
If the club kick off at Northampton, it's still up in the air, even then it isn't the end for CCFC. We can protest, demonstrate, do the Ricoh thing, go on 'Jimmy's Hill etc etc. But what we can also do is make contingency plans for season 2014-2015. A possible new club. Maybe at the level say that Leamington are at now. Or one below. It would take some embracing, after years of Man United & Arsenal, but it would be OUR Coventry. Not in the clutches of a hedge fund. WE are CCFC.
In maybe, three or four years we could be back where we are now. Just think, a winning team, great stadium, debt free, owned by us fans.
If we could start with 5,000 season ticket holders (remember it'll be lots cheaper!) the faint hearted would soon jump on board.
The Sky Blue Trust should be working on this contingency plan. I'm sure they are.
Let's have none of this lily livered, 'I can't see me watching non-league' nonsense.
Just think of the fun watching Sisu Northampton rotting and failing and us climbing, winning promotions and killing them off. Because, lt's face it, if they are in Northampton longer than a month or so, it'll not be our CCFC anymore.
The team that plays in Coventry will be our Coventry City. We can do what Wimbledon AFC did and take back the history of their club from Franchise MK Dons.
CCFC isn't dead yet. We live we hope. But if these bastards take it from us we must take it back.

Great post Spionkop, I'm going to have to post that on here (if you don't mind)!

Spread the word!

dadgad

SALTAIRE BANTAM said''''

"You (the followers of a sky blue kitted out team representing the City of Coventry) are the club. You can't turn your back on yourself! It's just a case of taking playing matters into your own hands for a short (hopefully) period. No FA rule is hard and fast, that has been proved many times, a Coventry 1883 or whatever it would be called would start nowhere near where a "normal" new club would start. How many ST's you sold would help dictate which level you started at, my guess is Conference North/South or one level below. After that it is grounds that are used to 50-100, you won't play there, it's not possible."

As a group of fans you have spent too much time "waiting to see what happens next" and every "next" proves to be worse than the one before, it's a linear bad news fiasco. Now many don't even have any football to watch next season, get a grip and start something, at worse, it'll be yours, in Coventry, at best, it'll serve a purpose."
--------------------------------------------------

Quality post!
I'd support a Phoenix club.
As soon as a ball is kicked in Sixfields.
That's it for the majority.
Imagine the rivalry in 10 years when Cov 1883 draw Covhampton in the Cup.
It'd be carnage

Flying Fokker

With respect, Coventry Sphinx have not set the city alight. Are you thinking of them playing at the Ricoh? They get about 120 fans per game. It would take fewer years if Chester Fc are an example.

Users who are viewing this thread