The "Thorn Out" brigade (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Admins - please can we make a special section of this forum, maybe a Sticky thread or a sub-folder, where people can post all the repetitive and unoriginal complaints about AT - nothing personal but it seems to be the same kind of debate all the time, so I don't know why it isn't cordoned off and dumped so that the rest of us can get on with discussing the real issues.

I say this in peace so please don't abuse me - as I see it, the man is doing a tough job in near-impossible circumstances; no-one else will do it, or those that would do it wouldn't be doing as well as AT. Time to support the manager - he clearly isn't going anywhere.

Nonleagueherewecome

But from what I can see, that's most of the forum! Which is why I won't be back until Saturday :wave:

Macca

Admins - please can we make a special section of this forum, maybe a Sticky thread or a sub-folder, where people can post all the repetitive and unoriginal complaints about AT - nothing personal but it seems to be the same kind of debate all the time, so I don't know why it isn't cordoned off and dumped so that the rest of us can get on with discussing the real issues.

I say this in peace so please don't abuse me - as I see it, the man is doing a tough job in near-impossible circumstances; no-one else will do it, or those that would do it wouldn't be doing as well as AT. Time to support the manager - he clearly isn't going anywhere.

you can't have a sticky for everything you don't agree with

lesturd

If it's always the same complaints, is that because the same basic errors keep being made?!? The game is for 90+ minutes and we must have lost around 11 points in injury time this season!! That isn't a coincidence - it is because there is something wrong tactically and mentally and the buck stops with Thorn at the end of the day!

Gray

if you do that then you'd have to do a sticky for all the same old SISU out threads, and the same old name a random player and why havn't we signed him threads...at least it would compact things a bit

torchomatic

I agree. He has an impossible job, but he is stillsticking in there and trying to get us out of it. I wouldnt mind all the abuse if those who can't wait to slag him off after every defeat gave him credit when we play well, but they can't do that.

I think he should just go. We will get someone else in and see how long they get.

Mr T - Sukka!

Mr CJplonker we are bottom of the table face certain relegation and you want to stop people raising concerns :eek: about the management of CCFC?

Grendel

Well, those who were there and called in aren't pointing the finger you appear to be. Do you know who I prefer to run with?

Except for the professional expert but let's ignore his view as it doesnt suit yours and also one of the 2 callers who went to the game

CJparker

Whos fault tonight?

Pretty sure AT wasn't playing in the defence tonight - those days are long past him!

I've met him and listened to him talk about the belief he has in our team - he's a really passionate man and just hearing him you can tell the hurt he feels about the situation. I genuinely can't think of a bloke I'd rather have in charge of our young squad at the moment.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Except for the professional expert but let's ignore his view as it doesnt suit yours and also one of the 2 callers who went to the game

The professional expert also stated hindsight was a fine thing. Your weapon of choice:

Quiet
Quiet
Quiet
Quiet
Oh, guess what Thorn should have done 10 minutes ago....

Nick

Administrator
Pretty sure AT wasn't playing in the defence tonight - those days are long past him!

I've met him and listened to him talk about the belief he has in our team - he's a really passionate man and just hearing him you can tell the hurt he feels about the situation. I genuinely can't think of a bloke I'd rather have in charge of our young squad at the moment.

Passion wont win games! Why not make a sub and change it when they did?

You know, tactics?

Paxman II

I think the fact we lose narrowly so often suggest we may just have a problem with who is in charge and the training staff.
Really don't think what players we have are that bad as proven for 97 minutes.
That means the manager and coach are surely at fault somewhere for losing in the last few minutes so often?

keef

Maybe he doesnt have much confidence in those players available on the bench. Thorn hasnt had a chance to build a squad he is simply plastering over the gaping holes every match.
He is a new manager, he will make mistakes and yes they are costly right now but what is the alternative? We oust him and bring in who? There are few managers who could turn this season around and even fewer who would be happy to work with no budget and the constant off loading of the teams better talent.

superskyblue

I agree. He has an impossible job, but he is stillsticking in there and trying to get us out of it. I wouldnt mind all the abuse if those who can't wait to slag him off after every defeat gave him credit when we play well, but they can't do that.

I think he should just go. We will get someone else in and see how long they get.

Couldn't agree more

Astute

Nearly all the players on the bench for Blackpool would have walked into our team. Yes, the subs brought on changed the game. ~They were all quality players. Who did we have on the bench?

So if AT would have made subs a bit earlier and we lost how much crap would be said about players like Bell coming on?

Colonel Mustard

Maybe he doesnt have much confidence in those players available on the bench.

By all accounts, the strikers didn't have the puff to do any chasing down. Confidence or not, a couple of fresh bodies would surely have been an upgrade in a defensive situation such as that.

Astute

Passion wont win games! Why not make a sub and change it when they did?

You know, tactics?

Yes Nick. AT should have brought on the quality players we had sitting on the bench, just like Blackpool did.

BackRoomRummermill

Maybe he doesnt have much confidence in those players available on the bench. Thorn hasnt had a chance to build a squad he is simply plastering over the gaping holes every match.
He is a new manager, he will make mistakes and yes they are costly right now but what is the alternative? We oust him and bring in who? There are few managers who could turn this season around and even fewer who would be happy to work with no budget and the constant off loading of the teams better talent.

There a quite a few managers who have nothing to work with, of those managers how many have thrown away points this season from a winning position in the last few minutes........so often as Cov have.

keef

By all accounts, the strikers didn't have the puff to do any chasing down. Confidence or not, a couple of fresh bodies would surely have been an upgrade in a defensive situation such as that.

And if he had and we'd lost it would be....why did he go to a negative formation etc. We simply dont have the squad and that isnt ATs fault

Nick

Administrator
And if he had and we'd lost it would be....why did he go to a negative formation etc. We simply dont have the squad and that isnt ATs fault

We did lose it...

We do as we were winning so we cant be too bad??

why is at always blameless???

The Reverend Skyblue

Torchy with every respect, you have changed your view. You say that he should go and i agree with you, but for ages you've said we should stick by him and support him.
He is clearly making tactical mistakes, we get a lead, hence we are good enough, but he can not make tactical decisions to protect this lead.

I don't give a shit about the "who would take the job brigade" because there are mangers out there who have no work and sit all day on there arse's, so would they turn down say £5000 a week instead of earning nothing what they do at the moment out of work, of course they would take the job.

SISU is the main problem, but Thorn is also a problem and we need to change now before it's too late

The Rev

Paxman II

They will be calling for big Sam's head tonight. Shit happens they say but my problem is can you stop it happening so often to us?
What si genuinely needed to stop it from happening?

Better players? better coach or better manager? If you had to nail it on one....which one would that be?

Paxman II

...actually let me put it another way:

Your in a fight for your life. Do you stick with what you have or try something else before it's too late?

Gaz

I agree, let's have a sticky thread so they can all go over the same old over & over & over again.

CJparker

I'd go as far as to say he's the best manager we've had since Black. Just no support from the owners and a very thin squad.

I'll post this again - he is clearly here until the end of the season, live with it!

Astute

...actually let me put it another way:

Your in a fight for your life. Do you stick with what you have or try something else before it's too late?

Change the players and have a bit of quality sitting on the ebnch for when it is needed?

Colonel Mustard

Another hypothetical scenario. That is no good as a case for the defence. Attempt to justify AT's management tonight by all means, or contextualise it by looking at previous games...but the "this would have happened" defence is lame.

Nick

Administrator
I'd go as far as to say he's the best manager we've had since Black. Just no support from the owners and a very thin squad.

I'll post this again - he is clearly here until the end of the season, live with it!

Sarcasm? Surely?

Macca

saying it is not his fault is one thing, this is lunacy

Users who are viewing this thread