The Pub Or At Home ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I prefer going to the pub to watch tournament games but some like to get the beers in and watch in the comfort of their home. What's best ?

chiefdave

Home for me. Not a massive drinker so trying to watch with a load of pissed up fellas shouting isn't for me.

If we were to get to the semi's I might be tempted out.

Otis

Home for me. Not a massive drinker so trying to watch with a load of pissed up fellas shouting isn't for me.

If we were to get to the semi's I might be tempted out.
Yeah, maybe the final for me. Might be tempted to the pub then.

Covstu

Usually go to the pub but there are a reducing amount of decent pubs so will probably watch Saturday's game at home. Rather have a clear head to go on the bike on Sunday morning

Nick

Administrator
Years ago it would have been the pub all of the time but not as enjoyable now with loads of pissed up 18 year olds! Happy to watch it at home or go round a mates with a few cans!

Tad

Home for me too. Although, I do wish we could turn the commentators off so I can hear the fans singing etc. I find them completely pointless. I can see what's happening...I don't need an audio description.

CJ_covblaze

The Wallace is probably the best pub in Cov to watch games in.

vow

Down the Pub for me and missus, England and Ireland games down Christ the King, good Gunniess and atmosphere :angelic:

Probably stay home for all other matches, barring semi + Final.

xcraigx

I live near the Welsh border so will be heading to a Welsh owned pub for the England - Wales game. That should be a good atmosphere. But I thought that when I did the same for the recent rugby world cup and that certainly didn't go according to plan!

Covstu

Years ago it would have been the pub all of the time but not as enjoyable now with loads of pissed up 18 year olds! Happy to watch it at home or go round a mates with a few cans!
we were all once those pissed up 18 year olds dude, some great memories watching England with the boys when I was younger! Now probably turned too cynical!!

bringbackrattles

I live near the Welsh border so will be heading to a Welsh owned pub for the England - Wales game. That should be a good atmosphere. But I thought that when I did the same for the recent rugby world cup and that certainly didn't go according to plan!
What's it like being in a pub with loads of Taffy's ? When I've been in Wales when they knew I was English they started talking in Welsh !

skybluejelly

Had a big crack problem in the late 80s early 90s but not anymore.
giphy.gif

yes the roads were terrible

xcraigx

What's it like being in a pub with loads of Taffy's ? When I've been in Wales when they knew I was English they started talking in Welsh !

Usually a laugh to be fair, although they went a little OTT celebrating when Uruguay beat us at the last World Cup. I lived in Mid Wales for about 15 years and probably only met a couple of people who could speak Welsh even though we were all taught it in school!

lifeskyblue

The rocket on Warwick rd? Used to drink there in mid/late 70s.
Tonight I will watch at home with a couple of drinks and the wife and son.
England games probably with couple mates as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

The rocket on Warwick rd? Used to drink there in mid/late 70s.
Tonight I will watch at home with a couple of drinks and the wife and son.
England games probably with couple mates as well

Yes that's the one. Can't believe its gone as I would have gone there and watched some games. When me and my mate came back from Wembley in 87 the atmosphere in the pub was great, and had some good times in the Rocket over the years.

lifeskyblue

Yes that's the one. Can't believe its gone as I would have gone there and watched some games. When me and my mate came back from Wembley in 87 the atmosphere in the pub was great, and had some good times in the Rocket over the years.

Back when they had the old tiled front bar before they did it up...used to love the old soaks in there. Some great characters. And then often having away fans in there if they skipped the train home the police wanted them on.

CJ_covblaze

Had a big crack problem in the late 80s early 90s but not anymore.

Nice place Bristol. Used to enjoy away days there. Often comes near the top of 'best places to live in the UK' and such like polls.

Users who are viewing this thread